Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » WBHDiag BT5 not working in latest version?

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WBHDiag BT5 not working in latest version?
BT5-Chris
Post Re: WBHDiag BT5 not working in latest version?
on: November 17, 2015 (GMT)

Hi,

thanks for your work up to now! I’m just back from my trip and out to the next one next week. Don’t know if I make it to testing again this week…

Just for your information:
I am using Galaxy S5 with original firmware (mostly up to date – last week there was an update that’s installed now, phone tells it’s Android 5.0).

In Florians Forum someone had the idea, that Torque uses the default parameters for timing-configuration (IBT and BDT) of the firmware whereas the WBHDiag-software configures its ones by AT-commands (that are also changeable in a configuration dialog).

Regards,
Christoph

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 17, 2015 (GMT)

Hi Christoph

Cool – your issue is definitely different than the one inoise has(which I’m still investigating too)

Yes – torque does use the default timing config (I make the ‘reasonable’ assumption that the adapter builders use sensible defaults to allow the adapters to work on the widest range of vehicles :-))

If you need to add parameters before the init to set the timing (and this is why it’s not working for you) then I’ll need to make a modification to the app for you. I will make it so that the custom init part of the vehicle profile will accept commands when using the BT4/5 (currently it only uses this for OBD2, but it makes sense to allow other non-obd protocols to use it)

I should hopefully get this done by the weekend (will try to do it this lunchbreak so it’s ready in time). I’ll also try to get hold of an ECU for this from ebay/etc so I can test with this in future

BT5-Chris
on: November 18, 2015 (GMT)

Hi,

I managed to make a test this morning during my drive to work:
– enabled debugging, connected the device, drove to work (around 5 minutes) and then forgot the mobile with running debug for two hours on my desktop…. then I remembered to upload the log.
Its called VW BT5-Chris

Let’s see whats going on….

Regards,
Christoph

piemmm
Administrator

Got the debugs, basically this:

VW Native protocol selected
1447833900128 {– ATI
1447833900224 –} WBH-Diag Pro v4.5
1447833900224 {– ATN0
1447833901285 {– ATD01
1447833945473 –} ERROR

Not sure why you’re getting that as I don’t get an error on mine so will have a look later and will try to see why

BT5-Chris

Hi!

In my WBH-Diag (2.15) software there is a setting of IBT of 5 and BDT of 10.
Documentation of wbhdiag pro chip states default settings of IBT of 10 and of BDT of 25.
wbhdiag 1.41 uses default settings of IBT: 5, BDT: 80 (!)

Strange thing…. seems to be a good idea to make the timings a parameter.
Do you need the VW partnumber of my ECU or do you want me to test other things to help getting a clue wat goes on?

Regards,
Christoph

piemmm
Administrator

Hi! thanks for that!

I’ve added the ability to change the default settings now in the custom init part of the vehicle profile (you’ll get this ability in the next update)

I’ll see if those defaults work here, if they do I may simply add them to the app as part of the update (you will still be able to override them)

inoise

Hi Gents!

Today I tried the procedure with an other Android (5.1.1) Tablet, but unfortunately I didn’t have any luck :\ the same happened..

BT5-Chris
on: November 19, 2015 (GMT)

Hi!

Additional information: the chip documentation states values hex-coded, so be careful with the timing numbers in my last post! I guess the software values are decimal.

Addition: I just read in the chip-docu, it’s possible to save changed default timing-values in the eeprom of the chip (ATE-command). With a terminal-programm on a PC this is easily possible. Would be a way to confirm the suspicion. Let’s see what’s faster, the torque-update or my work finish today to do a quick test.

Regards,
Christoph

BT5-Chris
on: November 20, 2015 (GMT)

Hi!

Do this in a terminal software connected to the BT5:

ATIBT05
ATE1

then torque works.
I got a connection to the ECU this morning.
Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Christoph

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 20, 2015 (GMT)

Cool. I’ll try to get this ready this weekend

inoise
on: November 28, 2015 (GMT)

Hi Guys! Could You please help me too? mine still not working.. :(

Regards,
Peter

BT5-Chris
on: November 30, 2015 (GMT)

If BT works for you (as I understood, there seems to be an other issue regaring Bluetooth that doesn’t hit me):

connect your adapter to any device with a terminal-software.
Connect the software to the adapter. You should see a “>” in the terminal, which is the adapter’s prompt. For a test enter “ATI[return]” you should see the version of you wbhdiag pro as output and the prompt again.

To reconfigure wbhdiag:
ATIBT05[Enter]

To make the settinsg default:
ATE1[Enter]

Detailed description:
http://www.obd2-shop.eu/files/whh-diag-pro_datenblatt_3.8.pdf

Regards,
Christoph

piemmm
Administrator
on: December 1, 2015 (GMT)

Hi!

Put:

ATIBT05

into the ‘Custom Init’ part of the app (this should now accept commands for the WBH-BT4/5 adapters as of the latest app update on Google Play)

inoise

Hi Guys! I tried this Custom init, but still no success :( I sent a debug file again, maybe.. i give up here! I already measured my K line and tried almost everything (ABS sensor, AftermarketRadio) and still wont work :( probably my ECU is broken, but how the hell can the VAG-COM 409.1 connect? I dont understand this..

BT5-Chris

Does it work using the WBHDiag 2.xx Software under Windows? If not, it’s a support case for Florian from blafusel.de
If it works, its an issue of the situation of your phone or torque. You also might try a terminal application to send the commands manually, in this case please consult the documentation I linked above.

inoise

Ok. Could You please offer me any Terminal program for Android and Windows? Actually I have no idee which one should I use! Thanks!

DRIVERBOY
on: December 2, 2015 (GMT)

What do you think about reading the very good instruction from blafusel by yourself instead of crying about help from others?
https://www.blafusel.de/obd/wbhdiagpro_bt.html

Pages: 1 [2]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.059 seconds.

Follow me on twitter