Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » WBHDiag BT5 not working in latest version?

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WBHDiag BT5 not working in latest version?
BT5-Chris
Post WBHDiag BT5 not working in latest version?
on: October 30, 2015 (GMT)

Hi together,

I’ve got an WBHDiag BT5-adapter from blafusel.de.
To play around with this a little on my Samsung galaxy S5 I bought Torque pro and tried to use it on my VW T4 TDI (2002).
BTW: the adapter works very well using my Notebook and Florians Software on Windows 7.

To make it work on the phone I used the advices on Forians page (https://www.blafusel.de/obd/wbhdiagpro_bt.html#9) (I also asked there: https://www.blafusel.de/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3113 but Florian forwarded me to this forum).

But I am stuck now between step 10 and 11:

Any ideas for me? Anything broken in the last versions?

Best regards,
Christoph

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: WBHDiag BT5 not working in latest version?
on: October 30, 2015 (GMT)

Hi

I’ll have a look – only got the BT4 here so will need to setup a test case. The code for the BT4/5 adapter hasn’t changed therefore it should still be working

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 1, 2015 (GMT)

Confirmed this afternoon that the BT4 definitely works, so if the BT5 uses the same protocol to talk to the adapter then it should work…

Make sure you have selected the ‘VW’ protocol in the vehicle profile as you may need to do that. Otherwise if it still isn’t working, then let me know and I’ll have to get hold of a BT5 to see what’s up

Edit: Ordered a BT5 (though I will have to walk to a bank to complete the transaction)

BT5-Chris
on: November 2, 2015 (GMT)

Hi,

I tried an aditional time but got the same result. I completely followed Florian’s recipe, so protocol and “Use alternative OBD-header” should be configured correct. I also deleted the .torrent folder according to Florian but got no change in the results.

I am on a business trip this week so I am not able to do some testing but I could do this the following weekend. If I could help in any way, e.g. by providing logs please tell me how.

Regards,
Christoph

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 2, 2015 (GMT)

Hi!

Alternate OBD2 header doesn’t need to be ticked(it’s ignored with the VW native protocols when used with the BT4/5)

I have the BT5 adapter on order now, paid today so hopefully Florian will be able to send one soon and I’ll have a look to see what’s up! It’s working with the BT4, so will be interesting to see what’s up with the BT5 in your case.

I’ll also add some specific BT4/5 debug in the next update as well so you’ll be able to send me something that I can use to see what is going on if I can’t see the problem from my side

inoise
on: November 9, 2015 (GMT)

Hi Folks!

I have the same problem with the wbh bt5, just wont connect to the ECU and so i have stuck also at the step 10.. It also wont create Folder where .txt is.. Big thanks in advance for the help!

GreetZ

Peter

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 11, 2015 (GMT)

Hi!

Adapter has been ordered and posted – once it arrives I’ll get to the bottom of why the BT5 isn’t working (but the BT4 does work)

Tinter
on: November 12, 2015 (GMT)

Hi

I recieve mine today. Just select right paired device in general setting of Torque, than set protocol to VW native and device start to comunicate with ECU. In live data it starts to show hunders and hunderds values. I haven´t enough time to test it deeply but it works.

My car is 2006 VW T5 Multivan 1.9tdi BRS engine.

I´m very satisfied with this because I have few troubles with DPF and I want to know whats going on in my car during driving. EGT, km from regeneration to regeneration, etc. This information can prevent very expensive repairs.

inoise
on: November 13, 2015 (GMT)

protocol set
the right adapter choosen in torque, but the ECU still not identified and in .root\.torque\ no created vw-protocol folder. :( what did i wrong? btw i have an older tdi model (Passat 1.9 TDi AFN KW1281)

Edit:
I already disconnected the ABS module and the radio also, maybe that causes also problems, but unfortunately i had no luck – Torque still wont connect..

slls
on: November 15, 2015 (GMT)

Hi.
I am also interested in buying WBH BT5 for Audi A4 B6 8E 1.9 TDI engine code AVF. I am still on hold waiting for more information . I have mixed feelings about it. Is it worth 70+ € and time to configure PIDs. If somebody has great success using it with Torque app and with similar engine as mine please write to me.
Best regards
Slave

Audi A4 B6 8E 1.9 TDI

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 15, 2015 (GMT)

Got my BT5 yesterday morning – tested today and it definitely works for me here, so I now have to start ruling out things that could be, could be something different with that paticular ECU causing an issue.

Can you:

* Go into the app, main settings, and tick the ‘Enable debugging’ option (then quit and restart the app)

* Let the app try to connect to the ECU for about a minute. After this, go to the ‘realtime information’ screen and press menu->send debugging information

put your forum name in the box that pops up and ‘VW’ (so i know it’s VW related) and I’ll see what’s going on and will try to fix anything I can

inoise
on: November 16, 2015 (GMT)

Hi Gentlemans!

My debug info sent! (name:vw inoise)
Many thanks in advance!

piemmm
Administrator

Got it!

It’s a bit short – the app had literally only just connected to the adapter at this point so there’s not really much there – how long did you leave it before you sent the debug?

Could you do it again, this time leaving a couple of minutes before sending the debug (hopefully there will be a little more there!!)

Thanks!

inoise

Yes, thanks! just few minutes! last time i leaved for a minute, but now i try longer!

inoise

OK, 2 new debug file sent!

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Thankyou – got the new debugs

From what I can see, it seem to be similar to something I’ve seen with an old version of android a with a bugged bluetooth stack – basically it’s connecting fine, but after a short while there’s nothing received any more from the adapter to the phone

VW Native protocol selected
1447682353333 {– ATI
1447682353429 –} WBH-Diag Pro v4.5
1447682353430 {– ATN0
1447682354490 {– ATD01
1447682403905 {– ATI

Nothing further is received from the adpater despite the app sending several commands to it (which is very unusual). Florians adapters are usually well made, so at this moment I suspect there’s an issue with the version of Android that you’re using

Can you tell me if there are any modifications to the OS (is it rooted, custom ROM, etc)? It seems to be driver related in the OS itself (which on android 5+ shouldn’t be an issue, but if it’s something like a custom ROM then they may have used old drivers)

inoise

Hmm interesting! Yes actually i have a custom ROM on my Galaxy S4 (i9500) it calls OMEGA ROM, but i dont think so cause i have the new 5.0.1 and all other bluetooth device working properly (PC, Car Bluetooth Radio, Home Bluetooth Audio adapter)! But thanks, i will try it with an other android device!

piemmm
Administrator

Interesting! – do you have any other android devices that you could test on temporarily to rule out an issue with that rom/handset?

Also do you have a link to the ROM you used (I may try to use it here to reproduce)

inoise

unfortunately i dont have other android device

but here you find the link, I have the V28 5.0.1 ROM:

http://omegadroid.co/samsung-galaxy-s4-i9500/

Thanks!

piemmm
Administrator

Thanks!
yikes 1.4gb! okay – will take a short while to download :)

Pages: [1] 2
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.074 seconds.

Follow me on twitter