Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque / blue tooth no longer connecting

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Torque / blue tooth no longer connecting
piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Torque / blue tooth no longer connecting
on: October 21, 2015 (GMT)

Hi!

Ah – that’s the name resolved by the bluetooth stack in android when you initially pair the device with the phone. I believe it does get updated as well in certain circumstances (like a full bluetooth scan again).

If that’s the case then you may simply need to re-pair it with the phone (if the bluetooth /name/ has changed and it should then be picked up in the app when you re-select it in the settings – did you rename it via android or some other method like reprogramming the radio unit in the adapter?), unless I’ve missed what you’re saying!

az_r2d1

I renamed it in android. But I usually rename it as soon as I pair the adapter in android. Then I look in torque and I have never seen it carry over into torque. It always shows the original name.

az_r2d1

Tried it on my note3 (sm-n900v, 4.4.2) as well as my new nexus6 (xt1003, 6.0.0). Exact same result, the renamed obd2 name does not carry over into the adapter selection in torque.

sstevee
on: January 19, 2017 (GMT)

Sorry to dig an old thread but after all day of searching I only just cam across this info. I have had to use the force decryption on my samsung device also. This was the only way to get Torque to connect to the adapter.

Device info is Samsung Galaxy S2 Model: GT-I9100 Android Version: 4.1.2
Adapter is ELM V1.5
Torque is V1.8.154

Just updating this in the hope of a more permanent fix. Must say I am SOOOOOO glad i found this info.

Pages: 1 [2]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.

Follow me on twitter