Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Temp units?

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Temp units?
ryano2121
Post Temp units?
on: April 27, 2011 (GMT)

I want to use Farenheit units. Under settings, the Use Celsius box is UNchecked. But the units are still showing as Celsius on the digital displays. I deleted the displays and then re-added them but they still show Celsius. Any suggestions?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Temp units?

Are you using the free or paid version?

ryano2121

Paid version.

ULUZ
on: May 22, 2011 (GMT)

I’ve got the same issue with the paid version, no matter what I select in the settings, it always displays in Celsius. Any help on this one?
Thanks

Fat Charlie
on: May 23, 2011 (GMT)

Keep going and give it a chance. I didn’t notice a lag in the temp display change, but changing from KPH to MPH didn’t happen immediately. It sorted itself out on its own so I’m not even going to ask why.

piemmm
Administrator
on: May 23, 2011 (GMT)

This sounds like an old version being used. I know it’s working in the paid version (just tested it again here). The only other thing is if the displays have been ‘edited’. Have you tried deleting and re-creating the display?

MyMach5
on: June 3, 2011 (GMT)

I’m having the same issue.

Things I’ve tried:

– Restarting the phone
– Quitting and restarting torque
– Deleting and re-creating gauges
– Checked Android Market for updates. None for me…I’m running the latest, paid version of Torque.

I have a Moto Droid X running the latest version of Android OS Android Version = 2.2.1
System Version = 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US

Any help/suggestions would be great. Let me know if there’s other info about the phone, etc. that would be helpful.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

Are you using a cutom PID or is it one of the standard ones? Also what version of the app are you using? The free version of the app needs fresh data from the ECU before the units will change.

Ian

MyMach5

Just running standard PIDs. Nothing custom.

Paid Version. I bought it about a week ago.

I’ll give it another try tonight and see if I can get it to work.

MyMach5
on: June 8, 2011 (GMT)

Quick Update: I hooked everything up with my new PLX Kiwi and the temps adjusted to F for the gauges that were receiving data from the truck’s ECU (2007 Dodge Ram with 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel)

ozoffi
on: July 6, 2020 (GMT)

I have the opposite problem – Celsius is active in the units, but the coolant temperature is stored in Fahrenheit in the csv.

How do I get the information in celsius (in the CSV file – in the dashboard view it is in celsius!)?

Regards
Oliver

cintakc

edit formulas in csv file for celsius and also units specify celsius in csv

ozoffi

Unfortunately, that doesn’t help me. I have already done this, only then this CSV file can no longer be processed correctly in RaceRender … There must be a possibility if I specify in the units celsius that I also get celius everywhere ?!

moreause

for some reason
the temperature log seem to be different
depending on where it is taken

i use to log in realtime information and in map view
, for some reason one is in F and the other in C

ozoffi
on: July 7, 2020 (GMT)

Thanks, that confirms that I’m not the problem 😉
PLEASE take that into account for the next update and correct it!

moreause
on: July 7, 2020 (GMT)

Quote from ozoffi on July 6, 2020
Unfortunately, that doesn’t help me. I have already done this, only then this CSV file can no longer be processed correctly in RaceRender … There must be a possibility if I specify in the units Celsius that I also get Celsius everywhere ?!

just wonder what your doing wrong race render is not suppose to know if value are modified or not … so something is not done correctly

but yes it would be even easier if it would be getting correct in the log in the first place

ozoffi
on: July 8, 2020 (GMT)

Well, what’s wrong is a good question!
As soon as Excel converts the CSV file into columns, RaceRender can no longer read the data correctly (which must first be converted into text, then must be replaced , with . etc.). basically the whole procedure is more than complex:
Convert content to text, convert everything to columns,
Convert the column with the temperature data to number, insert column, create formula (((x / 100000000) -32) * 5/9), save,
open again, convert everything to text again, all characters, by. replace, save …. and then RaceRender cannot process the data correctly … Even if that worked, it would be a lot of work every time!
So the request for correction in the protocol of Torque should not go unheeded, the output everywhere in Celsius, if this is specified in the units – please!

At the moment I am helping myself by not displaying any numbers – just a scale from white to green to red … It doesn’t matter whether it is Celsius or Fahrenheit – but a numerical value would be nicer …

Capp777
on: July 8, 2020 (GMT)

Try defining your temp pids in °C and
letting Torque convert them to °F. Might
help with logging issue.

Awhile back I reported an issue with Map Views
where °F were being treated as °C and being
converted again to an incorrect reading.

ozoffi
on: July 9, 2020 (GMT)

Ok, i will try it.

Pages: [1] 2
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.064 seconds.

Follow me on twitter