Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Please Digital/Analogue Clock to Torque

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Please Digital/Analogue Clock to Torque
PwnedXJ
Post Please Add Digital/Analogue Clock to Torque
on: April 26, 2011 (GMT)

Hi Ian,

Over the long Easter weekend I had a long safari with my device tuned to Torque. I needed to check the time from time to time and unfortunately these days I dont wear any of my watches as I am used to checking the time on my phone. With Torque on the only way to check time is to go to homescreen. Thats when it occured to me we are missing an important feature with this app.

Is it possible to implement a clock with Torque so that we can place it on the screen just like the other dials. Please check on this. :)

emcdonough
Post Re: Please Digital/Analogue Clock to Torque
on: April 27, 2011 (GMT)

I second the request. I recently replaced my stereo head unit with a bluetooth compatible one. (works simultaneously with torque) but now have no clock in the car. Seems simple and useful to have a dial in torque.

piemmm
Administrator
on: April 28, 2011 (GMT)

I never thought I’d be writing a clock for an OBD2 app :) It’ll be in the next release

PwnedXJ
Post Re: Please Add Digital/Analogue Clock to Torque
on: April 28, 2011 (GMT)

Ian, sometimes its the simple things in life that make life much more enjoyable. Who would have thought that one day an app that does the task of pulling codes and clearing them will also be required to show simple clock too. I will not be surprised if one day you find yourself implementing the Dialer and Contacts with Torque…. 😉 Torque might end up replacing the Navigation app for some of us :)

PwnedXJ
on: April 29, 2011 (GMT)

THANK you for the clock Ian. Only thing I notice is that the font for the clock is different from the other dials. No big deal of course but just to mention it… 😉

piemmm
Administrator

This should be fixed in the next version (see changelog)

PwnedXJ

Thank you buddy :)

PwnedXJ

Just updated to the latest Torque with the changes. I see you have sorted the digital display font. Actually I had not even noticed the display size. What I seen was the font for the word “Clock” being slightly smaller than the rest. You really dont have to make any further changes but should you be so inclined at least similar dials will show same font and hence some consistency…..

piemmm
Administrator
on: April 30, 2011 (GMT)

Good point, looks like I didn’t notice that one.

fitster
on: May 19, 2017 (GMT)

After reading this I reckon there must be a clock somewhere, but I can’t for the life of me find it. Help?

Capp777
on: May 19, 2017 (GMT)

When adding display type swipe to near
end of list (before pitch and roll meters)
to select.

fitster
on: May 21, 2017 (GMT)

Thanks a bunch!!

Seabrook
on: April 8, 2019 (GMT)

I would like to use this app whilst driving in road rallies, any chance of adding the seconds to the clock display please? Thanks

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.047 seconds.

Follow me on twitter