Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Email logs

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Email logs
Hacktacular
Post Email logs
on: August 29, 2015 (GMT)

I cant seem to use the feature to email logs from the real time screen.
I click settings icon>email logs>select gmail from the list and torque just blinks and never brings up gmail or anything.

I tried this on several devices with the same result.

Can someone help me to understand what is wrong?

Hacktacular
Post Re: Email logs
on: August 31, 2015 (GMT)

Noone else having this problem? Is it just me?

ajcastillo85
on: August 31, 2015 (GMT)

I am also having the same problem.

Hacktacular
on: September 1, 2015 (GMT)

Where is the support for this app? What a great app and no support. I guess Ill move on and take the loss soon….so much for “pro”

zchrish

I am also having the same problem. I wonder if the app owner forgot to renew some mailing application. I can’t even find the log in the filesystem which is a little irritating.

Best,
Chris

ob1

i also cant use the email/dropbox/google drive feature. I can still find the CSV files on the filesystem however (\sdcard\torquelogs)

cintakc

sdcard/torqueTrackLog.c

Hacktacular
on: September 2, 2015 (GMT)

Quote from cintakc on September 1, 2015
sdcard/torqueTrackLog.c
You know, I did pay for the app. I would like it to function as intended. I am perfectly aware of the workaround to send the logs using yet another app and taking several additional steps to a accomplish what should work as intended.

Mr developer, please fix the app or I’ll be forced to use the next application. If I am forced to use the next app, I would expect a refund for the absence of a feature written in to the app that was intended to perform a simple email function and call the application of choice.

I am amazed the dev has not at least explained what is going on and if there is an intended resolution or plans to correct it!

/end rant

fireitup
on: September 2, 2015 (GMT)

Same issue here. Ever since the web viewer functionality has been down I have been struggling to get my log files exported. It used to be so easy to log to the web and then export from my browser!

This app used to be my go-to and now it seems to be going downhill fast….

Hacktacular
on: September 3, 2015 (GMT)

I guess the dev is ignoring us? Last time I support their ass!

Hacktacular
on: September 11, 2015 (GMT)

no reply at all….what a shame

Capp777
on: September 11, 2015 (GMT)

Just curious… have you set your
user email address in the data logging
settings?

Have you tried using email instead of
gmail?

Don’t know if these suggestions will help
but its my feeble attempt to assist.

(Just another user).

Email and Gmail selections both produce
an email/compose window with a zip file of
my data attached?

Edit:

(Galaxy Exhibit II 4g running Gingerbread).

Hacktacular
on: September 12, 2015 (GMT)

Capp,

I have tried all the apps in the list. It never brings up the app selected and returns to the real-time mode.
Thanks for trying to help, more than the damn dev has done…

piemmm
Administrator
on: September 12, 2015 (GMT)

Hi!

Apologies for not being online as much as I would like to have been

I wasn’t aware this was broken so will have a look at it in a moment

Can you tell me what android version you are using and what phone model you have (that helps me reproduce things in case it’s a version/phone specific thing) – also if it’s running a custom firmware/rom then that’ll help too!

Edit: confirmed as a bug and I’m looking at fixing it now so I can get an update out real soon. Works in the dev code before sending out so it’s something breaking after the app is packaged up for google play

Hacktacular
on: September 14, 2015 (GMT)

Well I’ll be darned. An acknowledgment. I am really happy to see a response, you made my weekend. I was really disappointed at the lack of response on this. I really love the app otherwise. I am glad it is confirmed as this happens on all of my devices running the current version of Torque Pro. One is a Motorola droid turbo, and the other is an LG g pad F 8.0 running Android lollipop 5.0.2

piemmm
Administrator
on: September 14, 2015 (GMT)

Hi

Thanks! – It’s now fixed in the app (turned out later versions of android need a new permission added to allow other apps to read files it was sending)

Again apologies for the delay in replying – there’s a lot to catch up on at the minute and I’m slowly catching back up!

Looking to get the update out this week in the next couple of days (should be out by Wednesday at the latest with some other improvements as well)

Edit: Wednesday night didn’t happen (it’s nearly midnight here and I need some sleep :)) – I’ve found a bug that I need to fix before I can happily release the update – this means it may be thursday instead, apologies for the delay

Hacktacular
on: September 16, 2015 (GMT)

Great communication, I appreciate it sir. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I am really looking forward to this release. Tired of emailing myself and from another app.

Hacktacular
on: September 17, 2015 (GMT)

Ok piemmm the suspense is killing me here….

Hacktacular
on: September 19, 2015 (GMT)

Ok here we go again….

rickkpa
on: September 22, 2015 (GMT)

I am very interested in setting up a Bluetooth device with an application that will email the data to a mechanic shop to allow them to monitor their clients cars. This is something that will become very popular once a good working model is found.

Can someone at Torque please provide information on this.

Thank You

Pages: [1] 2
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.107 seconds.

Follow me on twitter