Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Toque not working correctly with some PIDs

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Toque not working correctly with some PIDs
killerangel
Post Toque not working correctly with some PIDs
on: April 25, 2011 (GMT)

I’m running the current paid version of Torque on my Droid 2 paired with an OBDLink Bluetooth adapter for my 2007 Mazdaspeed3.

Strange thing happening with Torque for me. Some PIDs work for the car no problem, such as RPM, Fuel Pressure, and engine/intake/ambient temps, but most do not work even though it is proven to work with other people who have the same car. For the wideband A/F, I see it jump between 14.8 and 29.4 (only those two numbers, nothing in between). STFT and LTFT always show 0.0, except STFT will briefly show 25 every once in a while. Boost at idle shows me at 51 inHg when it should be reading 22-23 (I have the setting set to 14.7 for boost). And I can get absolute load to show over 175% at WOT. None of these are extended PIDs, and they are all confirmed to work on other peoples Mazdaspeed3s. I have Pandora turned off, and have played with all the settings but nothing seems to work. It just seems like some PIDs are not being read, or are reading incorrectly, while others seem to work.
Is there something I am missing?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Toque not working correctly with some PIDs
on: April 26, 2011 (GMT)

Hi

The problems you are describing were already fixed in the latest version, 1.4.47 of Torque released 2 days ago

Ian

killerangel

Ian,
Thanks for the reply. I have been running 1.4.47 since it was released two days ago, and so far no change. I’m sure the program is solid, but for some reason something on my phone wont let me communicate properly, whether its a setting or conflicting program or something.
I forced closed all background programs to see if there was a conflict there, but that didn’t work.

Any other ideas?

piemmm
Administrator

Have you deleted and re-created the relevant displays since 1.4.47 (this bit is extremely important!) – it would be the only thing that would cause the ‘flickering’ problem you have

killerangel

Yes, I did re-create all the displays. One thing to note is that the Command A/F PID seems to be working ok, but the actual A/F PID off the Wideband O2 sensor keeps flickering between the two values.

This problem has me stumped…

piemmm
Administrator

Could you send a video of the problem in action?

killerangel
on: April 27, 2011 (GMT)

My phone isn’t rooted, so I’ll take some vids tomorrow.

I did pull out my old Droid 1 and ran that to see what happened. I noticed that STFT/LTFT and Wideband A/F still did the same thing as before, but my Boost value was correct.
I also noticed that in the built in PID list, there were some there that were not on my Droid 2. The ones I noticed were Tranny Temp (method 1 and 2), and GPS resolution and bearing. Both were running the latest version of Torque. Any ideas with that one?

I really appreciate the help with this BTW… Nice to see a developer talking the time to help the little guys 😉

piemmm
Administrator
on: April 27, 2011 (GMT)

Thats alright – I look forward to the video! I just want the app to work for as many people as possible! :)

If the transmission temperature (method 1 and 2) are not present in the list of available sensors, then you’re not running the latest version of Torque. It’s as simple as that (both methods are available for all users)

Check the market actually installed the app update – sometimes the market can just ‘silently not install’ which seems to be their latest bug after a recent android market update. If in doubt, reboot the phone and try the install again

Ian

killerangel
on: April 28, 2011 (GMT)

You were right. I reinstalled Torque and I have those new PIDs now so I’m definitely running the newest version of Torque. Still no change to my problem though.

Here’s a youtube vid of my problem. Let me know if you have any more ideas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUzVQt6ooEE

Thanks again…

Edit:
Just installed the update to 51. No change.
Also, the A/F and STFT/LTFT that I am using are off of the Mazdaspeedforums and are listed below. They do work for other people with the same car.

OEM Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio
OBD2 PID: 0134
Long Name: WAFR
Short Name: WAFR
Minimum Value: 0
Maximum Value: 20
Scale Factor: x1
Unit Type: A/F
Equation: (A*256+B)/32768*14.7

LTFT
OBD2 PID: 0107
Long Name: LTFT
Short Name: LTFT
Minimum Value: -25
Maximum Value: 25
Unit Type: %
Equation: (A-128)*100/128

STFT
OBD2 PID: 0106
Long Name: STFT
Short Name: STFT
Minimum Value: -25
Maximum Value: 25
Unit Type: %
Equation: (A-128)*100/128

piemmm
Administrator

Hello, saw the video, that looks exactly like the bug that should have been fixed (and a couple of people reported it was) back in 1.4.47(ish). Most odd.

The LTFT and STFT should already be PIDs in torque, so I dont think you need to add them as extended PIDs unless the equation was different,

But the Wideband one, does seem to be misbehaving. I’ll have a look into that and see what’s up. Thanks for taking the time to demonstrate it on the video.

killerangel

Absolutely, and thank you for the help.

I should have made it more clear, but the STFT/LTFT PIDs I put in was from a while back when apparently the built in ones didn’t work well for this car. In the video, you can see both the ones I put in and the ones that were built in with Torque, all on the bottom row. And they both display the same odd behavior.

killerangel
on: May 23, 2011 (GMT)

Just an update, I have the exact same thing happening with A/F and ST/LTFT using the Cobb Accessport, so I am now of the opinion the problem is directly related to my car and not your software.

YelloEye
on: May 24, 2011 (GMT)

My A/F isn’t working again. I had a blank issue a couple of updates previously but deleting and recreating the gauge and pid fixed the problem before. Now however it’s oscillating pretty much as described above.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

I need the PID information if you are using a custom gauge before I can do anything as I need to be able to reproduce the bug

YelloEye

You replied to my issue in my own thread: http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=394.1

Quote from admin on May 24, 2011
Hi

I need the PID information if you are using a custom gauge before I can do anything as I need to be able to reproduce the bug

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.051 seconds.

Follow me on twitter