Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
orangefrgo
Post Re: Feature requests
on: July 1, 2013 (GMT)

Hello!
I am not good in Java programming, so I would ask to make some features (either in plug-ins or in core soft)/

• Slightly more complex alarm system (e.g. ability to add alarm indicators on dashboard, not only “above zero” buttons or flashing dials). Beautiful examples are shift indicators (that are already made via plug-ins) or overheat indicator.
  • Some sort of continious scan of trouble codes – so that one could add a display, that would show any new codes.
  • Dials without digital sensors or just ability to format text, while making skins. So that one can add min/max values to temperature, remove digital speed from speedomoter or add average to revs.
  • Sorry for my far-from-perfect english, if it’ so:)

PS
    Torque Pro is a great helper for almost any driver, who goes slightly further than just driving and refueling!

willf
    on: July 1, 2013 (GMT)

As recommended, I try to keep my total gauges to a minimum to both decrease latency and improve data logging. Quite often, especially after driving aggressive, I like to know min and max values of things which I do not have real time gauges assigned.

Would it be possible to set up a “Verbal Report” of defined sensors that could be activated with the button function? These would be set up similar to the “Alarms Manager” and would only verbally report on sensors being logged so no additional load on the cpu. The data logger is great for checking things after the fact. The verbal report would simply state something like “engine coolant min 50, max 205,air Fuel Ratio min 12, max 15.2”. As the min and max measurements are already available on some of the gauge types, I assume that a min/max value is already kept and updated by the application. This verbal report would be nothing more than an engine health checkup that allows the user, or driver in this case, to get a verbal summary of the predefined parameters while still being able to focus on driving. This improves safety in the end and still gives the driver the ability to get min/max statistics before any additional aggressive driving is done.

kenny
    on: July 22, 2013 (GMT)

new feature “drag 0-62mph / 0-100 kph” based on gear ratios of transmission, final drive (differential) ratio, redline rpm, tire size and OBD rpm/speed, without support GPS.. as alternate calculation method

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gear_ratio#Speed_ratio

http://chevellestuff.net/tools/rpm_calculator.htm

deadaim00
    on: July 22, 2013 (GMT)

Any way it would be possible to change the color of the title per gauge? I’ve tried using the code, but that doesn’t seem to work. Also, being able to change the title itself would be incredibly beneficial! Perhaps change the layout of the words on the title? Remove words, etc?

matti537
    on: July 23, 2013 (GMT)

Torque PRO is a great app, I can’t resist using it every time I drive my car :)

However, at the end of each trip the procedure of exiting the app takes too long. I know it should only be pressing the back-button twice, but it take quiet a few seconds before the second press can be initiated. I would like to suggest a quicker method like Waze does. Pulling down the notification bar were a “shut-down” option exist for instant quitting the app.

Thanks!

Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI DSG7

Yurius2000
    on: July 26, 2013 (GMT)

Hello Make protocol support ECU Delphi MT20U (Chery Tiggo, Lifan 520)

Dragonsys
    on: July 27, 2013 (GMT)

It would be nice if you could resize the gauges, without deleting & adding back in.

JLBYaris
    on: July 28, 2013 (GMT)

Hello,
    I wondered if it was possible in a future update of the application to be able to see what gear is engaged, namely: the number 1 as their first 2 for the second etc.. thank you to tell me if this is possible and tell me what you think.

thank you

prostreet
    on: July 29, 2013 (GMT)

Hello new member here with the pro version. Very nice app! I do have one request if it is possible. To set the proper position of the distributor on a GM 350 5.o and 5.7 Vortec engine the scanner needs to be able to read the camshaft retard offset. That would be very helpful to me and many gm truck owners.

This is what I am talking about.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/chevy/1074268-setting-timing-350-vortec-scanner-help.html

Thanks!

R56 - Cooper S
    on: July 29, 2013 (GMT)

Hi, I am a new user. I try to find but I could not. I wish I could see when the engine cooling fan is on or off. Is that possible?

draziw
    on: July 30, 2013 (GMT)

You probably been asked this many a time, but I will ask again, can Torque Pro be ported over to run on PC. I have a CarPC which is going to replace my stereo system. Torque would make a great addition to my system. I was also thinking of replacing my dash with a digital setup and if Torque was converted I could use it for doing that. I bought a couple of sun visor monitors with a 1080 x 600 res. As well as a 12″ touch screen for my PC display.

taz069
    on: July 31, 2013 (GMT)

Just purchased this app now it shows 6$ for reading my Mercedes codes?? And cannot find a bliping thing on google play??

quadhelix
    on: August 5, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from draziw on July 30, 2013
    You probably been asked this many a time, but I will ask again, can Torque Pro be ported over to run on PC. I have a CarPC which is going to replace my stereo system. Torque would make a great addition to my system. I was also thinking of replacing my dash with a digital setup and if Torque was converted I could use it for doing that. I bought a couple of sun visor monitors with a 1080 x 600 res. As well as a 12″ touch screen for my PC display.

Just go to Ebay and buy a 100 or less android tablet with bluetooth. Just use it specifically for your car.

SaSer
    on: August 5, 2013 (GMT)

It would be nice to be able:
    1) to give recorded trips a name before saving them to csv or other export formats
    2) to have the timestamp of trip start time in the exported file name, and not just the timestamp of the moment in which we export the file

Great app anyway….! very useful!

bf3itu
    on: August 7, 2013 (GMT)

Add Suport GM Tech 2 Brazil

Piemmm Hello, how are you?

You can add the PRO Torque support for GM cars BRAZIL, which supports the GM TECH 2?

marcelooss
    on: August 9, 2013 (GMT)

Hello I’m doing personal work un conclusion of course. I’m from Brazil I got interested in this area. I was wondering if you guys could help me develop software that are un read fault codes. I will be very grateful

gokart2
    on: August 19, 2013 (GMT)

Is there a way to not have Highest and Lowest recorded value marks on dials? I looked everywhere a few times and didn’t see the option, but I tend to overlook stuff sometimes. I don’t need this option on my RPM dial. I see where it would benefit using it, but there should be an option to not have it. Also, having the option to not have a digital value displayed in and analog dial.

And +1 on this:
    Quote from orangefrgo on July 1, 2013

• Slightly more complex alarm system (e.g. ability to add alarm indicators on dashboard, not only “above zero” buttons or flashing dials). Beautiful examples are shift indicators (that are already made via plug-ins) or overheat indicator.
    kenny
    on: August 22, 2013 (GMT)

add manual correction for “voltage – adapter” senzor

wosk

Quote from kennycze on August 22, 2013
    add manual correction for “voltage – adapter” senzor
    You can calibrate your adapter voltage sensor by command AT CV vvvv through ELM terminal or telnet from TorqueScan, where vvvv – 1202 if voltage on accumulator is 12.02 V. See datasheet for ELM327 for more info.

aveo sirius d42

perris

I would like to edit the area that says “lowest value, highest value”

that takes up too much real estate and the figures become to small

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
    WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
    Page loaded in: 0.63 seconds.

Follow me on twitter