Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
wonder99
Post Re: Feature requests
on: April 14, 2013 (GMT)

The acceleration display seems to assume the phone is mounted vertically (so it only uses the side-to-side and Z-axis g-sensors. In my application, the phone is just for logging (not display), so is installed flat in the armrest storage box. Therefore:
there should be an option in the acceleration display to use X and Y accelerometers instead of only supporting X and Z.

Further, the third axis could be represented as a filled circle, which grows or shrinks according to the values. Accuracy is even less important on that axis.

per.strandh
on: April 14, 2013 (GMT)

Many modern cars are equipped with an electronic parking brake (EPB).

When replacing the rear braking pads one must first disable/retract the EPB.
This is done with a service tool connected to the OBD2.

Can this be implemented into Torque?

BR
/Per/

johnemc
on: April 16, 2013 (GMT)

I would like to know how much OIL LIFE I have remaining in my 2008 Chevrolet Colorado. Onstar can see this value but I don’t think you have it available in Torque.

willf
Post Oil Life
on: April 16, 2013 (GMT)

I hope that Ian can accommodate your request but know this in advance. I worked for a Tier 1 electronics supplier and GM’s oil life algorithm is one feature that they are very sensitive about. As far back as 1987 we were supplying an information Center which only displayed the oil life percent and the mountain of nondisclosure documents we had to sign were almost an inch thick. If Ian can’t provide this feature, it’s not his fault.

rafa_pt
on: April 17, 2013 (GMT)

I have an alfa romeo mito 1.3 JTDm from 2009.

But only appear a small number of sensors.

The alfa romeo option are disable, do you have any date to enable?
And I need to buy a Nissan Consult adapter for my nissan Patrol Y61 2.8 TD from 1998.

earico
on: April 22, 2013 (GMT)

Please add a GPS calculated 60-130 mph timer. 60-130 has become the standard in the past couple of years.

The app has 60-120 mph now. Maybe change that to 60-130??

willf
on: April 23, 2013 (GMT)

Ian,

How often does Torque scan for Pcodes and is that time configurable? If not, would it be difficult to either employee a variable to handle such or use a scheduler? I’d be happy with either scenario as long as I have control of the scan frequency for pending and/or matured faults.

Thanks,
Bill

WTFover
on: April 24, 2013 (GMT)

Two Requests Please:
1. Integration with Go-Pro wi-fi enabled cameras for streaming camera footage. Some folks have already created some apps for this before the official app was released, it would be nice to do that from within torque, if nothing more than to verify the sight picture, and turn on or off recording, but could be used for things like a backup camera. Sometimes the viewing angle of the android device prevents it from being an effective video source, as it is in my case.

2. Integration with other mapping sources outside of Google maps. I use Torque Pro as a digital dashboard in my offroad buggy. It would sure be nice to have a moving topographical or sat based map on screen, that can be used in an off-line mode. There are some really good outdoors style GPS apps out there, some appear to have some API’s to talk to other apps.

Thanks, I love the App! Keep up the great work!

juanmiguel
on: May 2, 2013 (GMT)

Please add the “trans shift mode” PID to the GM predefined set. There’s a few of us GM users that have added the “perf shift” button manually and don’t have a way to know in which mode we are on.

thanks!

torquefan
on: May 10, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from WTFover on April 24, 2013
Two Requests Please:
1. Integration with Go-Pro wi-fi enabled cameras for streaming camera footage. Some folks have already created some apps for this before the official app was released, it would be nice to do that from within torque, if nothing more than to verify the sight picture, and turn on or off recording, but could be used for things like a backup camera. Sometimes the viewing angle of the android device prevents it from being an effective video source, as it is in my case.

+1 WiFi cameras would be a massive plus point in my opinion.

Thanks

steve-o
on: May 30, 2013 (GMT)

Can you put in the options for Units?

MPH instead of KMH

F instead of C etc.

That would be awesome ^^

SebaKL
on: June 2, 2013 (GMT)

Small request in regard to the cosmetic side of the app.

Is there anyway to make the screens scroll faster. I find myself trying to scroll them lightly, like I do with the stock android screen, and they just bounce back. This is quite tricky when trying to quickly change screen while driving on track.

I had this problem this morning, while racing with bunch of guys, tried to swipe to another screen, just to find myself misfiring. Or perhaps limit the number of screen? I merely use two for now, would be cool if one could define the number of screens and scrolling speed through setting.

Using S3 international unlocked, with 4.1.2 JB

regards

seba

juanmedina
on: June 4, 2013 (GMT)

Can you please add a 50-100mph timer?

The 60-130mph timer is great for 500whp+ car but for with a not that much power and only a few mods a 50-100mph meter is better.

Here is a thread for the subaru forums with 50-100mph times:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2349792

Also motorcycle magazines such as Super Street Bike uses 50-100mph measurements. http://www.superstreetbike.com/features/1103_sbkp_honda_cbr1000rr_vs_bmw_s1000rr_streetbike/viewall.html

Thanks

EDIT:

Also does torque uses GPS data or OBDII to calculate the times? If it uses the GPS data, what is the sample rate?

Thanks

TXSailor
on: June 17, 2013 (GMT)

Ford 6.7L PowerStroke ( Scorpion)Engine PIDS.

There is a fairly large list of “optional” additional PIDS for the PowerStroke however most do not seem to work for the Ford designed 6.7L PowerStroke engine.

There also seems to be decent support for the earlier ( 7.3L, 6.0L)engines but not much for the 6.7L since it’s introduction in 2011.

Any updates coming in this regard?

Thanks, D

lildaddym
on: June 19, 2013 (GMT)

I didn’t know this, but if your battery dies in your phone while the app is running, the profile you had loaded disappears! Maybe that could be fixed?

overkilljk
on: June 24, 2013 (GMT)

It would been nice to turn on and off the cooling fans on vehicles. Like for off road use high rpm and low speed= high heat under the hood

Thank you love the app

bkp
Post DVR mode
on: June 25, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from rook on June 19, 2012
DVR accident recorder mode, for the Track Recorder

Basically it would reuse the same file name for recording video, a 5 -10 -20 or 30 minute continuous loop. And automatically start recording when the vehicle was started.

Obviously for dedicated Torque devices.

This feature please! I want to setup torque in a permanent dash install with an external USB webcam (see link below).

Torque Pro has an in-dash setting to start at boot and track recorder could start recording at boot.

I’d like to have track recorder record in the background automatically anytime the device is on and still be able to use mapping, etc in the foreground.

http://www.ragingcomputer.com/2013/03/nexus-7-usb-webcam-with-torque-track-recorder
(that is not my website, just what I found in a google search for what I want to do)

Wish-list of features would be:

• Record in the background continuously (dash-mount option)
  • Selectable length/storage limit
  • Automatic “log rotation” of older recordings

Another nice feature for Torque in general would be handling mpg for vehicles with cylinder deactivation.

Thank you

sinisterjg
Post Feature requests
on: June 25, 2013 (GMT)

Great app… was wondering if it would be possible to add a cylinder misfire pid, for gm, ford, chrysler, and others that support the function.

bwery3
on: June 26, 2013 (GMT)

I was hoping you could make tourque scan show mph instead of kph and all the other values that are only shown in metric. I use this app every day at work but have to check the conversions a lot. Other than that this app is awesome. I bought torque pro right away and glad I did.

saintmess
on: June 30, 2013 (GMT)

Hi Ian,

I am a HUGE fan of Torque and have been using it for sometime now.

I have a feature request for you that would be helpful for me and many friends that I know who are using Torque. I need an option that will allow me to configure Toqye to automatically send (via SMTP ) the CSV log file of my car’s after a trip … and then automatically remove the CSV logs after it sends out so it does not fill my phone drive.

Thanks

saintmess

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.612 seconds.

Follow me on twitter