Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
Bostro
Post Re: Feature requests
on: January 9, 2013 (GMT)

Hi,

I have a small request :-)

Would it be possible to add additional acceleration time widget ?
Right now it looks like we can set one specified acceleration widget, it is great that it can be set us we want but if we can add one more, this would be perfect.

Thanks in advance and all best in new 2013 year!

scottcd13
Post Feature requests
on: January 9, 2013 (GMT)

Hi all,
I would like to see if it is or will in the future be possible to offer mapping/ remapping of the computer on vehicles. I have a 98 honda passport and have seen many universal flash programmers for sale on ebay and if possible it would be great to have this as an added feature. This would be something that I am sure many of us would pay for, I definately would. Just something for a more agressive and or less agressive profile. To increase fuel effiencey or power.
I also wanted to see if a gui could be compiled to develope customizations so users could build customizations and send them to Ian. With more people working on improvements the evolution of the software should increase.
Scott

makz
on: January 10, 2013 (GMT)

One feature thats missing which is very important is injector pulse. It would be good to be able to monitor the m/s of each injector also duty cycle and freqancy

BoultVolt
on: January 10, 2013 (GMT)

Log field importing via CSV

To make it easy to change what to log, it would be useful to allow a CSV field (in maybe in exactly the same format as the external PID, or maybe something simpler) to specify what to log.

It would also be nice if we could specify logging frequency per PID.. some of them I want frequently, others such as outside air temp or fuel level, I’d be happy to sample every 2 min.

Road_Wx
on: January 14, 2013 (GMT)

Ian,

Any possibility that this might be integrated into Torque?

http://www.androidcentral.com/ford-announces-openxc-sdk-android-apps-can-now-easily-access-sensor-data

Road_Wx

BlondBoy47
Post Would love to see..
on: January 17, 2013 (GMT)

I’m a basic kinda guy, so this may sound lame to some.. oh well.

What I’d like to see, is a meter (round/square) that represents 4 tires and if any tire is getting low on pressure, the meter will highlight that tire (or tires). And if the data is there, perhaps, beside each time, the actual pressure in PSI. :)

Currently, on this vehicle, only a symbol comes on if the system detects low pressure in the tire system, but doesn’t specify which one.

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew (if that helps) :)

kofarizona
on: January 17, 2013 (GMT)

Would it be possible to record elevation in Map View? I don’t see why not, as it’s already recording northing and easting to obtain the route.

kay1971
on: January 19, 2013 (GMT)

Hello Ian,

is it possible to add a Shift-Light as “Gauge”?

Car spezific (Profile), with the possibility to set good, Warning and Over Rev’s?

Thanks in Advice
Kay

Mike
on: January 20, 2013 (GMT)

Would love to see support for sensors that are not factory and not wired through the ECU.

I would like to use an IO board like this:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10748

I have a bunch of extra sensors in my car that I would like to be able to read through Torque. Would this ever be a possibility?

Obviously users would have to put in their own formulas and such but common sensors like GM Fast Response IAT sensors and 0-5V outputs on wide band O2 sensors and such could be in a database that is built from users on the forum.

I would glad to support the development any way I can although I have never done Android app development before. I would be happy to send you the IOIO board and even sensors to test with. I also would be able to quickly implement it in my vehicle to do testing.

jboth
on: January 20, 2013 (GMT)

anyone figure out how to add dodge hemi trans temp pid and get correct readings?

rdvil
on: January 23, 2013 (GMT)

Custom PID request for Ford, would really like to know when intake manifold secondaries are open, ie. when IMRC has been activated. At least Mondeo/Cougar 2,5 litre v6 has this feature.

toadlife
on: January 24, 2013 (GMT)

A more intuitive interface for calibrating fuel use and the odometer would be nice. I have an Ultragauge and like how the calibration works on it. Instead of having to calculate and enter in a ratio for mpg and odo directly, the respective calibration screens display how much fuel has been used or distance driven according to the ECU and asks for the actual numbers. You would enter in how much fuel was actually used (calculated after filling up) or how many miles were actually traveled (calculated via GPS) and the ratios would automagically be calculated. The option to just enter in the ratios directly (as it done in Torque) was also there.

toadlife
on: January 24, 2013 (GMT)

Also, fuel remaining in gallons/litres instead of a percentage as an available gauge.

nvh-engr
on: January 26, 2013 (GMT)

There is a ‘start log’ and ‘trip reset’ but if you want to review data at the completion of the trip, you need to leave the app running- that means the time is still logging. A ‘stop log’ button would be very helpful.

Also- I love the trip maps- but if there could be a summary page that logs the averages from the trip, that would be helpful too: i.e.

Trip Time: (hh:mm:ss:)
Time Stopped:(mm:ss)
Distance:(miles)
Avg. Speed: (mph)
MPG Avg (for trip): (mpg)
Fuel Consumed:(gal)

Either that or a ‘save screens’ button; that would stop logging and capture the data on all the screens so that they could be reviewed off-line when a log is loaded into the map.

If there was an easy way to export this info to Excel (just the summary; not necessarily with the map logged info); that would be helpful.

While I didn’t initially buy the app to compare route efficiency, it captures so much data that is extremely informative. Being able to review these easier would add a lot of functionality.

Two other quick things:
Any chance of adding oil pressure?
Any chance of adding actual odometer values?

Thanks!

nvh-engr

There is a ‘start log’ and ‘trip reset’ but if you want to review data at the completion of the trip, you need to leave the app running- that means the time is still logging. A ‘stop log’ button would be very helpful.

Also- I love the trip maps- but if there could be a summary page that logs the averages from the trip, that would be helpful too: i.e.

Trip Time: (hh:mm:ss:)
Time Stopped:(mm:ss)
Distance:(miles)
Avg. Speed: (mph)
MPG Avg (for trip): (mpg)
Fuel Consumed:(gal)

Either that or a ‘save screens’ button; that would stop logging and capture the data on all the screens so that they could be reviewed off-line when a log is loaded into the map.

If there was an easy way to export this info to Excel (just the summary; not necessarily with the map logged info); that would be helpful.

While I didn’t initially buy the app to compare route efficiency, it captures so much data that is extremely informative. Being able to review these easier would add a lot of functionality.

Two other quick things:
Any chance of adding oil pressure?
Any chance of adding actual odometer values?

Thanks!

Ignition108

Hello,

I’m actually suprised that this hasn’t been requested yet, but on the dials it should have a saved max… For example speed… It gives it current, then right under that says max: xxxx.

This would be quite a cool feature as the 0-60 times have a best already.

My second request, which I have read is an export settings option so if u switch devices or factory reset u can import settings.. which would save all it options and dashboard designs.

Anyways, even if these are not added, its one ell of a product.

Thanks,

RM

Roksab
on: January 28, 2013 (GMT)

What about DPF status for diesel engine?
Can you add that feature?

ddiehl
on: January 31, 2013 (GMT)

Any way to add larger static buttons on the home screen? Sometimes when driving and I touch a button it ‘scrolls’ in the circle around the dial instead..

Thanks.

dave2012
on: February 5, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from Roksab on January 28, 2013
What about DPF status for diesel engine?
Can you add that feature?

+1 here :)

I’d really like to be able to check the saturation on my SAAB TiD. They are not included in the GM plugins. If anyone would know the PIDs I could try to get the values with some obd2 terminal app.

pnikolsky
on: February 18, 2013 (GMT)

It looks like I should post here instead of asking question :).

Could you please add option to export collected graph data (for example, fuel consumption l/100km versus time) in text format?

So far I found only the possibility to share this as an image.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.62 seconds.

Follow me on twitter