Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
wego4x4
Post Re: Feature requests
on: November 18, 2012 (GMT)

Not sure if this has been addressed, but I just installed the track recorder plugin and I’m just using the inclinometers, but can’t reset the values/calibrate them.

AWD V8
on: November 18, 2012 (GMT)

I am wondering if it would be possible to consider a real time misfire monitor. The Snap-On Tech2 for example can monitor each cylinder and you can see each misfire happen.

This would be an invaluable feature. If a car came in with a misfire on a specific cylinder you could watch after the repair to see if it was fixed. Not all misfires are obvious when running even though the PCM is watching and counting. It may take a day or more for the CEL to come back on again.

If possible I’d like to see this feature.

Thanks

P.S. I am really enjoying Torq and use it often.

EcoCruzer
on: November 19, 2012 (GMT)

I would also like to have the ability to change the size of a display. Thanks for a great app.

impulseballer

Any chance you can add an update that will allow setting to change start of torque to any plugin just like the start torque to dashboard option. Would love for it to automatically open to race meter which I use everyday. That would be sweet. Im sure there are many others I would be who would love the option to open torque directly to any of the plug ins. Thanks. Hope to see it soon.

Also an in car DVR like plugin. Almost like the track recorder but have the video feed delete every 15 minutes cycle to record again. Enabling devices with a front facing camera to record at the same time so you can record in frony and behind you while driving.

Own Lightly modded 08 Caliber SRT4

Screech

Quote from admin on November 16, 2012I’ll have a look into the music track naming/display – there is some limited support for it (but mostly depends on the player used, if it supports it)

Thanks, the players I use are either Google’s Play Music or Winamp, but mostly Play Music.

jhample

Would it be possible to make a gauge style similar to those used in Gran Turismo (also the same gauges that are used in the Nissan GTR)?
There are two styles. Horizontal and Vertical:
Horizontal- These are basically bars that go left to right, larger values to the right (or center out left or right in the case of G force). They are very similar to the bar style that is already in the app.
Vertical- Same as Horizontal just sideways. Larger values up top.

Rootboy
on: November 21, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

Need Daihatsu protocol fro Daihatsu YRV 2001

poor_red_neck
on: November 22, 2012 (GMT)

Hi,

Hope this thread is being watched by the developer, lots of great ideas in this thread.

I’d like to “+1” exactly what torquefan wrote, quoted below.

One improvement I’d like to see is the ability to turn a PID display on/off on demand.

I use Torque mainly for diagnostic purposes, not real time in car driving. I have many different “desktops” setup under Realtime Information, different layouts for emissions monitoring, sensor monitoring, fuel trim monitoring, etc. This way I keep the refresh rate high.

It’d be nice to be able to turn a particular PID live stream on/off by tapping on the particular display widget. Maybe have a semi transparent green/red outline indicating the particular display is on or off.

This way you can observe many sensors at once, albeit at a low refresh rate, and have the option to turn all but one on quickly to get a faster refresh rate.

Quote from torquefan on October 8, 2012
I’d like to see a couple of improvements:

1. Allow a displays size to be changed, it seems as though you can only do this by deleting and re-adding the display.

2. New simple layout type that just shows the values. On the market there is an application which, whilst not as good as torque pro, does IMO use the screen real estate better and allow you to have a layout like this:

If you could add displays to torque where it gave you the ability to add the values onto the screen (like speed/engine boxes from the screenshot above) I think it would allow you to get more readable information onto a layout.

Thanks!

PD24
on: December 3, 2012 (GMT)

I AGREE, and i would 2nd this request… the layout looks amazing!!!! Ian you are doing a fantastic job i have recommended Toque Pro to so many people! Make it happen matey! :)

jamesg
on: December 4, 2012 (GMT)

Really like the above layout option.

Also the app seriously needs a “upload video to youtube and/or dropbox” option for the Track Recorder plugin.

Roll meter works great in Torque Pro, doesn’t calibrate properly when used in Track Recorder plugin.

1080p recording, when selected in Track Recorder plugin, doesn’t allow me to start a recording. Button on screen doesn’t respond, have to change to 720p(or lower) to record.

Touch input needs tweaking. Many times when i try to select something it moves the button a couple mm instead of selecting it. You cant move your finger even a smidge when selecting or this happens. Kinda hard to do when its moving down the road but doesn’t work well even when sitting still.

Android has perfected the move/resize icon action natively. Please remove the old redundant “long touch, wait for dialog, select Move, touch and hold again to move” Totally unnecessary. Let Android drag and drop work.

Have been sharing and bragging about this to everyone, its such a great package, nice work, just needs some more work to be verh polished.

wosk
on: December 5, 2012 (GMT)

Author, please, done autosave position in parameter case list. It`s very diffucult and not inconvenient scroll down list to add again and again new parameter.

aveo sirius d42

proxas
on: December 6, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from poor_red_neck on November 22, 2012
Hi,

Hope this thread is being watched by the developer, lots of great ideas in this thread.

I’d like to “+1” exactly what torquefan wrote, quoted below.

One improvement I’d like to see is the ability to turn a PID display on/off on demand.

I use Torque mainly for diagnostic purposes, not real time in car driving. I have many different “desktops” setup under Realtime Information, different layouts for emissions monitoring, sensor monitoring, fuel trim monitoring, etc. This way I keep the refresh rate high.

It’d be nice to be able to turn a particular PID live stream on/off by tapping on the particular display widget. Maybe have a semi transparent green/red outline indicating the particular display is on or off.

This way you can observe many sensors at once, albeit at a low refresh rate, and have the option to turn all but one on quickly to get a faster refresh rate.

Thanks!

I second all that!
if that is hard to implement a feature switch-able in settings that would allow only active screen PIDs to be refreshed would be nice. As right now if you add several counters in different screens and looking at the one with only single counter it still refreshes very slowly.

lord
on: December 11, 2012 (GMT)

Good afternoon. Huge request of all Russian motorists make your scanner and right-hand drive (Japanese) car. Nissan Silvia, Nissan Skyline, Toyota Celica, Toyota Mark 2.We look forward to vazhego software. We will be happy to assist with the development and correction program. Lord1612@mail.ru

Krasnodar Russia

killer78
on: December 14, 2012 (GMT)

Hi,
Super application.
My suggestion:
1) that the application is turned off, and turned on again, all the parameters are still displayed (such as in the application HOBD). Many times it happens that my phone crashes, loses Bluetooth and displays to cancel – and they should not.

2) How to “inform” torque that fuel Fueled full? Do you always have access to the profile car? Maybe a switch “Filling”? Then he could erase trip and fuel supplement of 100%.

3) Fuel Rem – not just%, but also a liter.

4) The size of each display is not as: tiny, small, medium, large, but as a%. For example, 100% = medium. 120% = high …

Sorry for my english, I’m Polish.

Torque greet users and the creator of the program.

jaybee
on: December 18, 2012 (GMT)

Hi.
Just wondering if a service light re-set feature will be added at some point. I know there is a procedure for most makes to re-set using trip meter buttons and so on but some models require a scan tool to do so. VW, Audi etc.

And also whether an immobilizer key coding section may be an option in the future?

Oh and any update on ABS and transmission sections for fault code extraction?

Love the app. Makes my very expensive scan tool look silly.

~Josh

connman87
on: December 18, 2012 (GMT)

I love this app so far, and it works great to keep track of all my engine info. I would like to see Oil Pressure added at some point. I do some off-roading and towing and would like to keep track of Oil Pressure too. Thanks!

I drive a 99 Jeep WJ! V8, custom built intake, 2.5 in. cat back with thrush welded muffler, Panasonic head unit and speakers, Infinity tweeters in the dash and 2, 12″ Infinity subs.

jessiepp
on: December 31, 2012 (GMT)

Maybe a feature for torque scan would allow custom scanning ranges. I say this as mine always crashes in the 3cXX range and I got a feeling the PIDs I’m looking for are in the FXXX range. If one could enter a range say 22F000 – 22FFFF that would be a great help! Plus speed things up when looking for just certain PID changes.

I’m running Torque Pro v1.6.28 on Android 4.0.4 using a OBDLink MX with firmware v3.3.1 on a 2002 GMC 2500HD 6.0L Gas

lowjonathan
on: January 1, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from jaybee on December 18, 2012
Hi.
Just wondering if a service light re-set feature will be added at some point. I know there is a procedure for most makes to re-set using trip meter buttons and so on but some models require a scan tool to do so. VW, Audi etc.

And also whether an immobilizer key coding section may be an option in the future?

Oh and any update on ABS and transmission sections for fault code extraction?

Love the app. Makes my very expensive scan tool look silly.

~Josh

Is there any updates on the ABS and tranmission for fault code extraction and clear code function?

thanks

sigee
on: January 1, 2013 (GMT)

Hi, is it possible to turn off service light on torque if not can a add-on be made for this.
Thanks

leemaster
on: January 8, 2013 (GMT)

Is it possible to add the Acceleration Widget (G-balls), to the video recorder plugin?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.598 seconds.

Follow me on twitter