Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
celblazer
Post Re: Feature requests
on: October 4, 2012 (GMT)

Is it possible to have an option of selecting which SD card(internal, external or where ever) torque uses?

It would solve 2 problems for me one my Streak locked it’s internal SD memory on me and is out of warranty so if I could use the external SD I could have torque fully functional again.

The second is switching between devices I could just swap out the memory card instead of having to add/update profiles for different cars and I will not have to manually set up my custom gauge layouts which now I have to for 4 different cars on 3 tablets. If I could select external I could easily copy the profile and layout to the other units SD cards and it would save me a lot of setup time.

Thanks and Torque is awesome.

09 HHR SS, 06 Jetta GLI, 01 Sebring, 89 Shelby, 65 Mustang, Droid D2 R2-D2 edition, Nook Color (cyanogen 2.3)

stuffman
on: October 5, 2012 (GMT)

I’d like to see the options for creating custom themes be expanded a bit. I’m currently working on a theme and find there’s some limitations I’d like to overcome. Notably, I’d like to see the following:

• The ability to reposition and resize the text displayed on the dials/displays. For instance, on the RPM dial, I’d like to be able to independently position and size the “Revs” and “x1000” texts along with the live readout and update “blinker” thing. Being able to also independently size the actual dial numbers as well would be great.
  • The ability to create custom needles (such as by using an image and rotating it about the center of the dial) or be able to define the starting position of the needle as well (such that I can have it go entirely to the center of the dial… or perhaps even extend a bit opposite of the rest of the needle). This would also include being able to resize/eliminate the little circle that the dial is attached to.
  • Global dial start/stop angles.

And probably some things I am forgetting at the moment.

Keep up the great work!

Edit: Some other things:

• Being able to use different backgrounds for “Needle” and “Meter” variants.
  • Extending the first point, it’d be nice to be able to use different fonts for the dial numbers and the information that’s displayed on the dial itself.
jonny
on: October 5, 2012 (GMT)

Would it be possible, to add options (into profile) to filter out all unused pids from realtime informations?
That would be great, as I have to list trough lots of unused pids to find something.

2006 subaru legacy ez30r

subarub4
on: October 7, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from jonny on October 5, 2012
Would it be possible, to add options (into profile) to filter out all unused pids from realtime informations?
That would be great, as I have to list trough lots of unused pids to find something.

hah Spoken like a true Subaru owner, I agree with him, on my ’97 Outback I have the same issue maybe having a feature that will only add sensors it last saw then on the next start up of Torque it will keep the last settings it saw for the PID’s.

torquefan
on: October 8, 2012 (GMT)

I’d like to see a couple of improvements:

1. Allow a displays size to be changed, it seems as though you can only do this by deleting and re-adding the display.

2. New simple layout type that just shows the values. On the market there is an application which, whilst not as good as torque pro, does IMO use the screen real estate better and allow you to have a layout like this:

If you could add displays to torque where it gave you the ability to add the values onto the screen (like speed/engine boxes from the screenshot above) I think it would allow you to get more readable information onto a layout.

Thanks!

ehresman
on: October 10, 2012 (GMT)

I booted up Torque to get the exact error and it worked.

Torque has updated again recently on my phone, but I had not tried this device again. Looks like the update cleared it.

Cheers;
Bob

PLEASE DISREGARD REMAINDER
————————————————————-

New device

I recently obtained the following very inexpensive “ELM 327” device:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Mini-ELM327-V1-5-OBDII-OBD2-Interface-Bluetooth-Auto-Diagnostic-Scanner-/190734370103?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c68a78537

It works with some Android OBDii apps most notably Dash Command and not with some others, in this case Torque Pro.

Torque cannot seem to find it.

I would like to be able to use it with Torque.

Cheers;
Bob

gearz

1. This left me stranded: “Unable to verify license” hit when I was far from home and WIFI, the app just would not work. How about a days to call home countdown timer, such that before you set out on a trip you have an option to verify license then and there, and then be good for the next couple of weeks?

2. To improve fuel MPG, it seems that some apps use a number for Fuel Cutoff. This is clearly available in the Torque screens, why not add that value to the calculations? I believe that will resolve the issue that people have of having torue be accurate under either city or highway driving, but not both. When this is set correctly, my Scangauge works to better than 1% accuracy.

Thanks

gearz

I second that suggestion. It is great!

Quote from torquefan on October 8, 2012
I’d like to see a couple of improvements:

1. Allow a displays size to be changed, it seems as though you can only do this by deleting and re-adding the display.

2. New simple layout type that just shows the values. On the market there is an application which, whilst not as good as torque pro, does IMO use the screen real estate better and allow you to have a layout like this:

If you could add displays to torque where it gave you the ability to add the values onto the screen (like speed/engine boxes from the screenshot above) I think it would allow you to get more readable information onto a layout.

Thanks!

Pemberton76
on: October 13, 2012 (GMT)

Hey ian I have a 2003 pontiac grand am that I tried to use torque with but torque reads ecu instead of a pcm that is on my car I would really love to use this on my car because ive used it on others and loved it
Thanks

philipv
on: October 16, 2012 (GMT)

Hi Ian,

I would like to overlay multiple graphs to compare the different measurements. For this it is nessesary to change the transparency of the graph between 0 and 100%.
Also the measurement time of 10 seconds should be set longer than 10 seconds.

Is it difficult?

Gr. Philip

perris
on: October 16, 2012 (GMT)

I would like each graph to have it’s own reset button right there so you don’t have to long press

or, I would like a single button that I can configure, when I press it the user defined gauges reset

perris
on: October 25, 2012 (GMT)

I would like to be allowed to calibrate gps

android gps sensors aren’t the most sophisticated, for instance, at sea level it tells me I am 23 meters above, I should be able to zero that out

meicalnissyen
on: October 26, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from celblazer on October 4, 2012
Is it possible to have an option of selecting which SD card(internal, external or where ever) torque uses?

It would solve 2 problems for me one my Streak locked it’s internal SD memory on me and is out of warranty so if I could use the external SD I could have torque fully functional again.

The second is switching between devices I could just swap out the memory card instead of having to add/update profiles for different cars and I will not have to manually set up my custom gauge layouts which now I have to for 4 different cars on 3 tablets. If I could select external I could easily copy the profile and layout to the other units SD cards and it would save me a lot of setup time.

Thanks and Torque is awesome.

i had an app that allowed you to move downloaded apps from phone to sd, dunno the name, but its in the market

pollopopo
on: November 2, 2012 (GMT)

Why not implement a function to generate a circuit track / rally time and OBD data

simple but also allows to have at least the times that can be seen

Sorry for my bad english…

marvin-e46
on: November 2, 2012 (GMT)

I saw that someone already asked for een option to measure the 100-200kph time.
I also want this option.
Here in europe its easy to test the 100-200 time on the german autobahn.

Can I expect it sometime.
Or is it not coming at all?

greet marvin

Screech
on: November 15, 2012 (GMT)

Just found the media buttons that were added. Only thing I would like to see to improve the function they provide, if possible, is a ticker display that can be set for showing the name of the current song that is playing. May have other uses, such as if MIL lights it can show the code from the ECU. I would see me placing it across the top or bottom of a dash layout the full width of the screen.

willf

I’ve been a torque user since the day the Android version was available. Thought I had a handle on all it’s functionality but have no clue where to find these media buttons you’re referencing.

Please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

frodus

Quote from willf on November 15, 2012
I’ve been a torque user since the day the Android version was available. Thought I had a handle on all it’s functionality but have no clue where to find these media buttons you’re referencing.

Please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Add display type “push button”, scroll down to where it says “music – ‘pause'”, etc.

wosk

Hello, author ) It`s very good program!
I use it to discover more info in custom PID`s at Chevrolet Aveo with ECU Sirius D42. For it`s I fix my conf.csv again and again. Then I again add its values to logging by one. For add each value I must click Menu, scroll to need value and tap, after value list window closed, then again must open value list and scroll.
Can you realize mechanism, which not close value list window thereby becomes easy select many values without scrolling long list every time.
This values list may closed by button “Back”, example.
Thanks for good work!
Sorry for my bad English

aveo sirius d42

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 16, 2012 (GMT)

Torque should automatically install on the external SD (as that’s what’s allowed in the app manifest) so it should already be capable to to that on the dell streak

The layouts are a little more ‘problematic’, mainly due to differing screen ‘shapes’ and ppi resolutions, however it is something I’m looking at as s number of people have mentioned it

I’ll have a look into the music track naming/display – there is some limited support for it (but mostly depends on the player used, if it supports it)

The screen estate thing is something I’m also looking into, though some limitations may be imposed for non-symmetrical displays (ie: they can’t be rotated when you rotate the screen)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.279 seconds.

Follow me on twitter