Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34]
Author Topic: Feature requests
scott.burns@seqent.com
Post Re: Feature requests
on: August 20, 2019 (GMT)

Extension to Alarm Announcements

Now that something seems to be happening again.

Working with the paid version of the app for the last month or so I wonder if there are any plans for what I am about to describe.

The software can today announce for example “Engine operating temperature has been reached”.

Has there been an thought to extending alarms feature to allow for:

1) Selection of what happens with the alarm on a more granular basis (audio announcement, display message, alarm warning tone etc.)?

2) Thought is to keep alarms as they are today but add check boxes for say:
a. Audio Announcement
b. Alarm Tone
c. Screen Display (none, display time, ack required)

Basically some method of allowing the user to setup their own announcements like the Engine Operating Temp one that is in there but for any PID evalation.

For example:

Alarm: Transmission Temperature Rising
Sensor: TransTemp
Type: Maximum
Trigger: 160F
Alarm Tone: no
Audio Announcement: yes
Screen Display: 3 seconds
Ack Button: no

Not a perfect spec but I think you can get the basic idea.

Maggie jj
Post Re: Feature requests
on: September 11, 2019 (GMT)

Over the years, I can recall numerous times when I encountered a Check Engine light on my dashboard instrument display and I would either ignore it until something went wrong and I had to get my car to my mechanic, or until I would go for NYS Vehicle Inspection and be told that I had to have the issue resolved in order to pass the inspection test. In some cases, the issue causing the Check Engine light can be simple and in other cases way more complicated. Regardless of the cause, it would be nice to have some idea of the details of the issue prior to visiting the mechanic. Not to say that all mechanics are dishonest, but in many cases, we become the victim of a “lack of knowledge” robbery and lose everything in our wallet :-).

The VXDAS NT510 Professional OBD2 Scanner seems advanced enough for the professional mechanic to start to investigate the issue and useful and informative enough for the less knowledgeable to walk into the mechanic shop and at least sound like – “Hey!! I have some knowledge about what’s wrong with my car”!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.055 seconds.

Follow me on twitter