Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33]
Author Topic: Feature requests
Greg Searle
Post Tasker Support
on: October 30, 2018 (GMT)

I know this has been requested before (>5 years ago). You may be aware that Tasker has a new developer who has been very actively enhancing the app. This would be a good time to work on data exchange between the two.

We have the workaround to have Tasker read the Torque log file, but this is clumsy, inefficient, and very laggy. A direct data connection of some sort to load Tasker variables from Torque data would be very welcome!

Thank you

Schwag
Post Re: Feature requests
on: October 31, 2018 (GMT)

It would be nice to add to the automatic DTC clearing of specific codes, example, if you have a catless downpipe/high flow cats/headers, typically you get the annoying P0420 without messing with spacers or a tune. I currently run a piggyback tune because there is only 1 company in the US that can OBD flash a Lexus IS200t. Have the app only clear used defined DTCs, such as the P0420 (catalyst insufficiency), but if you are running lean or misfires, it leaves those DTCs alone. If this already exists, let me know!

OBD2fan
on: November 16, 2018 (GMT)

I use the Dial display for Voltage (Control Module) and Voltage (Adapter). These Voltage sensors are very useful for checking the health of the alternator.

The range of the dial is 0 – 18 volts. However, the typical voltage reading is between 11 – 15 volts, which is a small portion of the dial scale.

To get a better visual grasp of the voltage on the dial, it would be much better if the dial scale is defined with a narrower range of 11 – 15 volts. This range would show movement of the dial as the voltage varies, while the larger range of 0 – 18 barely shows any movement of the dial.

You can certainly keep the current dials with 0 – 18 volts for applications that require this wider range. But it would be very helpful to have an option for the two Voltage readings with the narrower range.

Thanks for your consideration!

Capp777
on: November 17, 2018 (GMT)

FYI,

One can also long press the existing voltage gauge
then…

Display Config>Set Max/Min

as well.

morgfarm1
on: November 23, 2018 (GMT)

I’ve been using Torque for about 6 years now, and it’s been invaluable. BUT There is something important that it needs to do: Transmission and ABS. Ford and Chrysler would be important to do this for. My Explorers could get a Transmission temp AND GEAR off 5R55E/W, but it’s not grabbing on 4R70W (Darnit), but it would be important for it to pull transmission and ABS codes, it’s the ONLY reason one would need to see a shop/parts dealer to pull codes. When I exploded my 5R55W, that’s the ONLY time I’ve needed to go to a shop for a DTC since buying Torque. Clearly it’ll go through th OBDII Socket and into the Adapter; the app just needs to understand how to do it.

Other than that, minor things like more flexibility in creating themes. I’ve found some limitations that I can’t jump through just yet.

Oh right, custom speech is an idea I had. Sort of like an alarm, but is spoken every X length of time for a specific sensor, or range of sensors.

I also second the Conditional Alarms. I was doing a similar thing to another commenter with Ignition Timing to tell if the engine was off; except once in awhile the timing would hiccup to -37.5deg and trigger the alarm even though it was a misread lol

Update: My car literally roasted the old OBDII Adapter I’d been using the past few months since making this reply. Turns out the OBDII socket was sitting right next to the floor heater exit. Replaced it with the OBDLink MX+ and now I’m getting Trans gear and temp (Must have been a bad adapter) BUT Now I’ve found their software can get into the PCM, and with that, can determine the status of my brake on/off switch. So, this tells me It can be done on torque. I wonder if Ian’s had the ability to figure out how to make it happen. The refresh rates in Torque are far better than that of OBDLink, which is why I’m still happily using Torque. I just want to expand on its abilities even further

Greg Searle
Post Dynamic Volume
on: December 21, 2018 (GMT)

I have a feature request that I’ve attempted to implement in Tasker, but the latency is too long. It’s not really a diagnostic feature, but a convenience.

How about a “dynamic volume” option that adjusts the device’s media volume based upon the vehicle speed (like in many luxury cars)? You would need two figures input to allow adjustment for a particular vehicle’s road noise: minimum level (typically 11) and maximum speed (typically 65 mph or 105 kph). The app could adjust the media volume level between the minimum and maximum (15) between a speed of zero the maximum speed. The adjustment is linear, as road noise increases logarithmically with speed, and volume level also increases logarithmically with the set level.

The result is fairly course, as you can hear the volume change as the speed changes, and you have to set the car audio system volume to a highway levels (loud) to support it, but once you get used to it you don’t want to drive without it!

[email sent]

rsfjr87
on: January 8, 2019 (GMT)

I have a bug to report and some requests:

Bug: in the PID editor, when you choose “store the value in the vehicle profile”, sometimes, the value never gets updated after it was firstly stored.

For example, if I make a pid that accumulates the total trip hours for each trip, and choose to store in the vehicle profile, it will store the value for the first trip, but after I quit the app, and make another trip, it will never update the value.

Requests:
1) Some way to disable PIDs that are not used, in order to save processing burden and bandwidth of the CAN bus. For example, I never use the PIDs for accelerometer, turbo boost, MIL light, etc. So it would be interesting to have a feature to disable those PIDs.

2) A feature to add custom fuels/fuel mixture. It would be interesting to let the user add a custom fuel mix, by entering the known stoichiometric AFR. Sometimes I, myself, use E40 to E70, for example.

3) Torque Scan plug-in: It would be nice if the plug-in displayed/indicate each internal PID long and short names, sometimes it is a bit odd to rely upon the internal addressing, for example, the “Miles Per Gallon (Long Term Average)” is always set to the address [ff5201]?

4) Ability to reduce the pooling rate for PIDs, some PIDs doesn’t require fast pooling, like fuel level, or others, so, letting the user choose the pooling rate would be interesting.
I don’t know if one could be able to do that via TDLY or RDLY, because the wiki page doesn’t explain how it works clearly.

5) I know that the developer has a life outside the PC, so why not let the wiki page open for edition? It would ease the burden and would be interesting.

All the best

93sc
on: January 18, 2019 (GMT)

My feature request has to do with adding gyroscope (x,y,z) data from the phone’s sensor. I expected to find that in a previous request but search didn’t surface anything.

Using https for web logging would also be nice.

Thanks.

toalan
on: February 12, 2019 (GMT)

For the Arduino connection, it would be nice to be able to change the baud rate in torque. 9600 baud is very low. I implemented the arduino code for a cortex device that I can dedicate a HW serial port to so I would like to go much faster than 9600 Baud.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.259 seconds.

Follow me on twitter