Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
s_tooz_123
Post Re: Feature requests
on: August 20, 2017 (GMT)

FEATURE REQUEST: Capture all response bytes / support for multi-line response messages

I have recently purchased Torque-Pro (btw, love it!!) for use with my ’03 Ford F-150. This vehicle uses Mode 06 commands for many diagnostic capabilities. When issuing 065301 (to get misfires for cylinder 1) via user defined PID, the vehicle provides responses for all eight cylinders. Unfortunately, it appears Torque Pro discards all but the last 6 bytes of the response. Because of this, variable assignment can only be done for the last 6 bytes (in this case, cylinder 8). This issue appears in other Mode 06 messages (e.g. 061011 — Bank 1 switch-ratio and max. limit).

The complete discussion / analysis of the issue can be found here:

https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=9087.0

Implementation Suggestions:
1) Capture all response bytes returned. This would allow variable assignment across all response bytes.
2) Allow the user to specify a response length for each user defined PIDs. By defining the value for each user defined PID, captured bytes can be configured independently.

Thank you for considering this request.

Steve

Shr-lnm
on: August 28, 2017 (GMT)

FEATURE REQUEST:Custom PIDs for monitoring mode (ATMA)

I have complete definition of system (“broadcast”) frames of my car and I want to use this information to getting data from different ECUs simultaneously with a high speed.

May I use Harley-Davidson protocol with custom PID?
If yes then please suggest how?
If not then may I ask to developers to modify this protocol or create the new one as below

Initialisation:
atd1 #turn on DLC for checking frame consistency
ath1 #for proper displaying received data
atcaf0 #disable can autoformatting for not to get ‘DATA ERROR’ message
atcf000 #clear filter (not all ELM supports atcra without parameters)
atcm000 #clear filter
atsp #can protocol
atma #start monitoring

reading:
We need to send ‘\r’ to ELM to repeat ‘atma’ every time we’ve received “BUFFER FULL” message in reading thread.

parsing:
1) we may use DLC for finding and dropping inconsistent frames
2) we may use “String[] header” field for defining appropriate canId

Thank you in advance for any information

Shr-lnm

cintakc

will these commands work on the KWP protocol?

CAN Specific Commands (protocols 6 to C)
AT CF hhh
AT CAF0, CAF1
AT D0, D1
AT CM hhh

Shr-lnm

Quote from cintakc on August 28, 2017
will these commands work on the KWP protocol?

The KWP protocol defines many layers (not only k-line) so, yes – these commands would work on the KWP when their application layer (commands) used above CAN bus.

Most popular command of KWP (readDataByLocalIdentifier 0x21) when used above CAN, mostly have multi-frame responces. For reading such responces from any ECU (not only Engine-ECU) you have to use ATFCSH every time you use ATSH. Of course in the beginning you should send ATFCSD300000 and ATFCSM1, then you will be able to read multiframe responces from any ECU

I may use the term KWP in a wrong way but in such way it is simple to destinguish old command standard where readDataByLocalIdentifier=0x21 and readDTC=0x17 form the new one which defined in CAN standard and where readDataByLocalIdentifier=0x22 and readDTC=0x19

Mike D.
on: September 6, 2017 (GMT)

Current version permits export of customized PID list. Would like to have the ability to import as well from a .csv file format.

McMechanic
on: September 12, 2017 (GMT)

I would like to have Torque remember what gauges I have in regards to what vehicle profile I am running.

Example:
I have a 2012 Ram 3500 that has Ambient, Intake, and Charge Air Temp PID’s.

My 1997 BMW 528i doesn’t have the Charge Air PID.

When I switch between vehicle profiles, all gauges remain even if not used by current vehicle.

Perhaps I would want a different theme for each vehicle? Or different gauge types for different vehicles?

McMechanic

PS:
Is there a limit to the number of profiles one can create?

cintakc
on: September 12, 2017 (GMT)

When creating a new profile on the dashboard, you must first delete all devices and add devices from this profile
also in each profile you need to put a birdie “Use separate dashboard layout”

BecauseRaceCar
on: September 15, 2017 (GMT)

I want my Coolant Temp to read in Celsius not Fahrenheit

Mike D.
Post BUG Report
on: September 15, 2017 (GMT)

I have noticed that the MIN & MAX tick marks on the HALF DIAL (Meter or Needle version) get “confused” when setting different Minimum or Maximum values from the default for the PID being displayed.

Resetting the Recorded min/man/times resets the values of min and max on the gauge but does not correct the locations of the Orange or Red Tick Marks on the gauge. The values displayed on the gauge for min and max are remaining accurate.

Most often when this occurs, the RED tick mark becomes “stuck” somewhere on the dial below the min displayed on the gauge and the ORANGE tick mark disappears.

Spielwurfel
on: October 4, 2017 (GMT)

Giving a quick background, I just bought an OBDLink SX since USB connection is faster than bluetooth or wifi. Using it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S8.4, when I looked into the Adapter Status screen, it told me the reading speed was at around 90 PID/s with peak being of 100 PID/s and average at somewhere between these two values. Then I went to the Realtime Information screen and drove my car for a few minutes. It didn’t fell like the readings were at 100 PID/s, but definitively better my OBDLink LX (bluetooth). I though it could be related to my relatively outdated tablet not being able to handle display speed as fast as reading speed. Then I went back to the Adapter Status screen and while it was still showing current reading at around 90 PID/s, the average now was at around 50 PID/s, indicating that at some moment the readings went down dramaticaly.

Having that said, my feature request would be to allow include a display for the peak, current and average PID read speed on Realtime Information screen, for the purpose of debugging.

Thanks and Kind Regards

406dany
on: October 8, 2017 (GMT)

Quote from mduralia on September 15, 2017
I have noticed that the MIN & MAX tick marks on the HALF DIAL (Meter or Needle version) get “confused” when setting different Minimum or Maximum values from the default for the PID being displayed.

Resetting the Recorded min/man/times resets the values of min and max on the gauge but does not correct the locations of the Orange or Red Tick Marks on the gauge. The values displayed on the gauge for min and max are remaining accurate.

Most often when this occurs, the RED tick mark becomes “stuck” somewhere on the dial below the min displayed on the gauge and the ORANGE tick mark disappears.

it’s an old bug (i have the same issue) but never solved… sniff…

Alekseiminko
on: October 11, 2017 (GMT)

Will there be updates in the app?

shadow85
on: October 20, 2017 (GMT)

Is it possible to get boost pressure support for Nissan 370Z that has been modified to Twin Turbo.

Plenty of them out there now.

Dms11x
on: October 26, 2017 (GMT)

Multiple sources Bluetooth input.

I would like to be able to input torque from elm327 (ecu) as well as an arduino Bluetooth connection for aftermarket analog sensors.

Background:
2004 F250 Diesel
Ecu does not have:
Egt
Fuel pressure
Degas pressure
Trans pressure
Etc….

Thank you!

Flannelman
on: October 30, 2017 (GMT)

Can we get a injector buzz test for the 7.3? Also can we disable the vin lookup request? That seems to crash the pcm on my truck, Forscan doesn’t crash it

Currently using torque on:
97 F250
99 F350
11 Odessey

F-150Torqued
on: November 12, 2017 (GMT)

Quote from F-150Torqued on June 1, 2017
Simple but – seems to me a very useful feature

Hi Lan;
Working out formulas and gauges for additional extended PIDs found with Torque Scan, I create, edit, and frequently discard LOTS of gauges. VERY often, I loose track of WHICH pid a particular gauge is associated with. You throw a gauge on a dashboard – hurriedly name it Test and add a couple more custom PIDs and have forgotten WHAT PID the Test gauge was monitoring.

It would be most helpful, if the “Display configuration” display contained (anywhere on it, but ideally at top right under the title) the Mode/PID that THAT display is associated with.

It doesn’t seem that would be a very major deal and would be enormously beneficial for anyone who adds / configures new or additional gauges.

TIA for considering.

F-150Torqued

—————-

===========================

I sure hope the next update has something in it to tell WHAT pid a given gauge is connected to. Fuel Tank Pressure in the Ford F150 involves two PIDs (1639 and 1687) and some screwy formula stuff I’ve had trouble figuring out. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve changed the formulas – and lost track of which PID I was working with because of trying to keep track of recent changes through changing the Short name (changed via the dashboard screen). Then having to start all over because I don’t know what PID I need to modify the formula for. It would be so nice to find out from the dashboard screen WHAT PID is driving that gauge.

————–

FntX
Post Feature request: Freely scalable Dials
on: November 16, 2017 (GMT)

Hey,

I’d love to see a possibility to freely scale the dials.
Maybe a luxurious slider but even a numeric input would suffice.

The current presets are simply too restrictive.

Keep it up!

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 16, 2017 (GMT)

Hi

Long-press on the dial you want to change, and you can set the max value displayed on it from the menu that pops up!

FntX
on: November 17, 2017 (GMT)

Quote from admin on November 16, 2017
Hi

Long-press on the dial you want to change, and you can set the max value displayed on it from the menu that pops up!

I didn’t meant the min/max values. The size of the dials is currently limited to presets but what I’d like to see is, instead of chosing between different sizes, pulling a slider or entering a value which defines the size of the dial.

Cheers!

cintakc
on: November 19, 2017 (GMT)

piemmm
can be done so that when the Display is pressed for a long time in the Realtime Information, the menu item was PID Test, because to do the Test, you have to take a lot of actions to switch to the PID editing mode, while wherein sometimes it lost communication with the ECU

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.525 seconds.

Follow me on twitter