Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
vis
Post Re: Feature requests
on: April 30, 2017 (GMT)

Hi Ian, glad to hear from you.

I’ve been playing lately with custom pids, and as far as I know I need to use the formula Val{Long channel name here} to reference existing channels in the equation field.
This is quite inconvenient as you have to type a very long string.
Could you implement a short, hard coded associated tag to reference sensors values in equation, I suggest #rpm i.e. for rpm of course, with the ability to create user short tags for custom sensors.

It would be useful to be presented the tag/sensors list directly in the equation editor, and choose from the list without typing.
We should also get a “properties” entry when editing gauges in the dash to see associated sensor long name, tag.

Also sensors should be grouped (i.e. performance, fuel, temps, voltages, user…) to speed up browsing tru them.

One last thing, please let us set the number of decimals in all gauges, not only in digital. I don’t want to see 1678.5 rpm or 90.0 degrees coolant temp in dials.

Thanks

spam
on: May 4, 2017 (GMT)

Sorry for my English (it’s not my native language)

So. I have SsangYong Kyron Diesel 5AT 2008. Now this car can work with torque, but ONLY with pids.
It’s cool! But I have some problem.

Example1.
I need track (distance).
S=V*t
V=RAVG(V)
t=????? – May be you have function like VAL{RunTime}

Example2.
I need consumption (expenditure) in travel.
I have “consumption in mg/cicle”
consumption In minute = Turnovers(turnaround) * “consumption in mg/cicle”
consumption In travel = RAVG (consumption In minute) * time (in minutes)
But I don’t have time…..

It’s Easy Examples. But I think I know the best way to do in your program!
For example
Standart OBD2 speed – V1 (this speed you use in program)
My speed from pids – V2.
Can you do V1=V2?
Then I create PID I can say – it’s speed, it’s Turnovers, it’s consumption. – link / associate data, and you program can count all another Dependencies.

alicexes
on: May 9, 2017 (GMT)

Hi,

Can you please add a feature in Alarms?
I want to monitor DPF cleaning in my car.
With the data that is available on OBD, the best way is to monitor throttle position: normally is 16%, but when it cleans the DPF is above 20-30%.

But when you shut down the engine, it gets to 80-90% for a few seconds so I always get the warning when I shut off the engine.

Can you please add an option to only trigger the alarm if the value is met for X seconds/reading cycles/etc?

Also, can you please add 30/60 minutes to the alarm silence option?

Edit: Also a nice option would be a ‘recover’ alarm.
For example:

The normal reading is 16%
If the reading is above 30% for 10 reading cycles (or 1 minute or …) then trigger the alarm (Sound: Warning: DPF alarm triggered or something like that)
If the alarm is triggered and the reading is below 20% for 10 reading cycles (or 1 minute or …) then clear the alarm (Sound: Warning: DPF alarm cleared or something like that)

Thank you!

rgwynnjones
on: May 15, 2017 (GMT)

FR: Remember last pid position when adding gauges.

FR/Bug?: Remember or allow to change the default number of decimal places and apply to subsequent gauges

I have created 100s of extended PIDs for EVs e.g. so can add gauges to monitor every cell voltage for instance.

When creating new layouts user adds say cell#1, then sets number of decimal places to 2.
Then wants to add Cell#2 etc (for 100+ cells in some cases).

The list of pids is very long so every new gauge user has to scroll down to the Cell#2. Cell#3 etc. Remembering the place of the last gauge would help considerably.

In my experience, I can not figure out how to change the default number of decimal places. I have to change it from 1 to 2 on every, darn, gauge – it gets very old. Please remember the setting for subsequent gauge adds

lardman
on: May 25, 2017 (GMT)

First request:

I’d like to request different channel logging selections for each Vehicle Profile.

You can select a different OBD adaptor for a given vehicle, but you still end up logging the same data as set in the main Settings.

While the some channels one might want to log are always the same, some are more relevant to a given vehicle (or only available on a given vehicle) and I’d prefer to not log (and poll for) unavailable channels in order to get all I want from more than one vehicle.

———————————————————–

Second request:

In order to avoid needing to manually select a vehicle profile, it would be nice if Torque would first try the current (last) vehicle profile’s adaptor, and if that’s not found/generating data, to cycle through the list of profiles looking for one which is present and which is producing data.

———————————————————–

Third request:

When adding channels to be logged while Torque is running (which is the usual method I use to ensure that the channels are generating some useful data), the log file doesn’t re-write the header line, instead it just starts adding more columns to the output file. This makes processing the data files slightly awkward, and sometimes results in throwing data away as there’s no header to describe it – I’m analysing the data using MATLAB and there’s lots of it, so it’s all automated.

In most instances I get a new header line written at the bottom of the file followed by one or two lines of data (I assume this is caused by my vehicle interrupting the OBD comms as I key-off), but sometimes there’s nothing, so I have additional columns with no header. So yes I can then look at the headers in the following files and make the assumption that these should match, but it would be nicer to not have to do this.

The easiest solution would be to write the header to the last line of the log file, though this would not catch any files in which channels have been added and then removed while running. Would it be possible to re-write the header part-way through the file as channels are added? I guess this might make life more difficult for those who are just plotting the data rather than analysing it line by line though.

F-150Torqued
on: June 1, 2017 (GMT)

Simple but – seems to me a very useful feature

Hi Lan;
Working out formulas and gauges for additional extended PIDs found with Torque Scan, I create, edit, and frequently discard LOTS of gauges. VERY often, I loose track of WHICH pid a particular gauge is associated with. You throw a gauge on a dashboard – hurriedly name it Test and add a couple more custom PIDs and have forgotten WHAT PID the Test gauge was monitoring.

It would be most helpful, if the “Display configuration” display contained (anywhere on it, but ideally at top right under the title) the Mode/PID that THAT display is associated with.

It doesn’t seem that would be a very major deal and would be enormously beneficial for anyone who adds / configures new or additional gauges.

TIA for considering.

F-150Torqued

—————-

Ntrain2k
on: June 7, 2017 (GMT)

Not sure if this is present in the software currently, but I was not able to locate it.

It would be nice if you could do a crack/cam sensor calibration in the app.

LeXLuther422
on: June 18, 2017 (GMT)

Is it possible to convert the webupload to mqtt for remote logging

Ntrain2k
on: June 26, 2017 (GMT)

Do the developers even monitor these threads anymore?

Dali
on: July 6, 2017 (GMT)

Do you have the impression? He is playing possum!

ball

The graph display mode would be a lot more usable and legible if you could graph multiple gauges (using different colors) in one graph display. That way they can use a larger screen area. The current system severely limits how many things you can monitor at the same time.

Perhaps the data can be exported to a different front-end so 3rd parties can write their own. I’m a developer but I’m not sure what inter-app communication Android allows. The current dashboard just isn’t that useful unless you’re content to monitor up to six gauges. It’s not an efficient use of screen real estate.

I hope developers are lurking.

AJR
Post Profiles

When will we see saveable profiles for the graphing and realtime information functions? I find it VERY time consuming and tedious to keep entering in the same data over and over again any time I want to make a change, or where the graphing is concerned, having to reenter everything whenever I exit and return. This is entirely unnecessary and should be a fairly straightforward and simple bit of code to accomplish. Thanks

BecauseRaceCar
on: July 20, 2017 (GMT)

Awesome app.

Can we please have the option to change mph to kmh and Fahrenheit to Celsius.

For us Australians you know!

I also have emailed ^^

F-150Torqued
on: July 20, 2017 (GMT)

I had previously made a ‘Feature Request’ that:

“It would be most helpful, if the “Display configuration” display contained (anywhere on it, but ideally at top right under the title) the Mode/PID that THAT display is associated with.”

IT WOULD ACTUALLY BE FAR MORE HELPFUL… If the “Display Configuration” menu contained a selection to “EDIT PID INFORMATION” and would jump you directly into the PID Editor so you could edit the short title or formula or other elements of the PID that gauge is associated with.

———————-

mulderfbi
on: July 21, 2017 (GMT)

Hi,
is it possible to read and display the injectors opening time (ms)?
Thank you,

MANIACman
on: July 26, 2017 (GMT)

I’m really frustrated so this might come out bad so forgive me while I take a stress pill and think things over.

ok.

Can you please please please have some kind of obvious way to know if the thing is paired/connected. It seems to connect randomly and I’m forever trying to get something like asking for CEL codes and it tells me its not connected even tho it was and the car is running. In addition I tried logging and the longest it stayed connected is 2 minutes. I see all sorts of tiny blue blinking icons. One of them is a car. Anyway really really POed as I’m using this to try to not blow up a car I’m working on and having the Alarms actually working or it telling me its not paired/connected is really really important. Maybe something as simple as a menu that says pair/connect then a ready indicator. If I look at the system it seems like Bluetooth is always stuck in “turning on”

Maybe an error when your logging and driving 60 mph and it disconnects. The only way that happens is if I hit a brick wall or use my James Bond Ejection seat.

This might all be me not operating it right but it defaults to logging in phone memory when I have an MicroSD card plugged in. I would think that would be the default since copying files on an HTC Phone with the Apps I’ve tried is possible but it is a pain.

Also – if it has a check engine light report is there some way to get it after I’ve turned the ignition off and climbed out of the burning car? Like CELs are serious so always save them and make it possible to easily read them and then understand why the engine I’ve been wrenching on blowed up.

*It didn’t, but I’m particularly freaking out because I thought everything was ok because after the “Engine has reached operating temp alert” its dead and so am I if I mess up this car.

SOS SOS H E L P ! ! ! WAAAAAA! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP BEEEEP

RX-8 Owner.

svorkoetter
on: July 28, 2017 (GMT)

Hello, new Torque user here. I’ve been using the paid version for a couple of weeks now, and really the only tiny thing I’d like to request is one more decimal place when displaying L/100km. When one’s fuel economy is in the 5.5L/100km range, one decimal place is only providing about 1.7 digits of precision. This makes it difficult to accurately calibrate the fudge factor for fuel economy calculations.

Fizix
on: August 1, 2017 (GMT)

Dear Ian,

Since OBD2 is capable of reading the VIN# it seems like it would be a great feature (that could be enabled or disabled in settings) to automatically switch profile based on the VIN#.

I have 3 vehicles and it would be really cool if it would switch to the profile for the vehicle attached. The new field in the profile would be VIN#.

Maybe there are some technical reasons it can’t be implemented.

Fizix

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.54 seconds.

Follow me on twitter