Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
FntX
Post Re: Feature requests
on: November 7, 2016 (GMT)

Quote from admin on October 28, 2016
Added a few reset options to the trip stuff (you should see in the update)

For PID updates – I’d rather do display update speed, instead of PID update speed (generally slowing the calculation down on a speedily updated system isn’t great, and instead slowing down the display update speed may be more preferable)????

Unless you have a specific reason for slowing down a PID (temperature PIDs are already slowed)

From my point of view it is more sensible to have direct control over the actual request rate, rather than display rate. The reason is traffic on the CAN and the adapter itself. It’s more convenient to throttle specific commands in favor of other, more critical values that change way more often.

For example a 5 second refresh rate would be enough for temperature and for example fuel level readings but fuel and boost pressure should update in real-time.

vega
on: November 13, 2016 (GMT)

Quote from admin on October 28, 2016
Added a few reset options to the trip stuff (you should see in the update)

For PID updates – I’d rather do display update speed, instead of PID update speed (generally slowing the calculation down on a speedily updated system isn’t great, and instead slowing down the display update speed may be more preferable)????

Unless you have a specific reason for slowing down a PID (temperature PIDs are already slowed)

did the reset option make it into the update? my reset button has only max and min settings.

have you found a way to stabilize the fuel gauge like the one on the vehicle. as it is now the gauge swings wildly once the tank is below 3/4 and greatly affects the DTE and MPG gauges. I believe my Buick uses 2 sensors, on at the front and one at the back of the tank, but I only see a pid for 1 in torque.

thanks

have a great day!!!

blown maloo

i would likev to see TRANS oil temp for ford ranger auto PX models built in Thailand
for world market in both left and wright hand drive

Australia FNQ

towe_001

Quote from blown maloo on November 13, 2016
i would likev to see TRANS oil temp for ford ranger auto PX models built in Thailand

Have the trans temp for the NP300 Navara, or sort of, it only reads -40c degs doesn’t matter if the vehicle has just started in the morning or its been hard driven. Really hard to see the trans temp not moving from -40c and more so on a 35c deg day.

SpideRMaN

Request to add device battery percentage to add display sensors please

Thanks

befunged
on: November 14, 2016 (GMT)

Would it be possible to have a 30-70 mph time dial, this is a much more common measurement than 40-60 mph. alternatively a dial which allows you to customize the upper and lower speeds

0-30-0 time and 0-60-0 time would also be appreciated

Thanks for a great app !

my671ford v8
on: November 21, 2016 (GMT)

Can you do a test feature to test the setup to see what it looks like without connecting to the car

Jigoku
on: November 25, 2016 (GMT)

Hello. Might it be possible to get a oil temp meter for VW Golf GTI? Also the HP meter seems to stop at 170, i actually have 474. And the speed meter seems to be made for BMW’s , but I’d need atleast up to 300kph… would be nice if it all would fit a bit more to german standards. Thank you.

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 25, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

The OBD2 standard itself tops out for speed at 255km/h (the protocol is unable to read higher than this) – above this speed you’ll need to use GPS speed instead

The HP is calculated by the vehicle weight, and should be done from low-speed acceleration (not 100mph to 200mph) and you’ll then get an accurate reading – see http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Horsepower

1bfc
on: December 4, 2016 (GMT)

Add support to export data directly to GOPRO cameras in real time via their new developer interface:

https://developer.gopro.com/info

Data will be added to the video as an already in sync secondary data track that can be used similarly to the track recorder plugin, just with a dedicated camera that is more suited to being in the environment.

from the above linked site: “Describes how sensor data from a device is streamed over BLE and stored on the camera as a time synchronized metadata track.”

Massive value add to Torque!

arundiablo
on: December 9, 2016 (GMT)

I am trying to display warning signs like Door Ajar, Seat below and Parking break alarm. End goal is to show the same way how these warning symbols will glow (Red/Amber) or turned off in the car center console.

I am able to get the external PID’s for these and is working with an ‘on/off display’. If value 1, then turns to green. if not, stays deactivated (no colour glow).

But when trying to change the display_background for this warnings:

1. I am not able to call for external PID. All external PIDs are called as 7ffffffe and cannot select individual PIDs.
2. If I set dial_background_7ffffffe.png or display, then I cannot change the behavior of on/off display.
3. Cannot change the color from green to any other colour specific for one PID.
4. Cannot change customize on/off text or turn off this status.

RFE:
* Please add background calls based on HEX along with PIDs.
* Add background for on/off display.
* Allow to enter ON/OFF text (currently only based on predefined text).
* Option to change color for on/off display individual for PIDs.

Nagidal
Post Track Recorder
on: December 15, 2016 (GMT)

It would be nice to be able to setup the recording resolution in the Track Recorder plugin.

The default resolution of my back facing camera is 2560×1440 and together with Torque the CPU load is very high, the video is laggy. It helps a bit when I record in higher quality. Then the CPU does not have to spend too much power on compressing the video, but it’s still pretty low and laggy framerate.

I cannot use the phone’s front facing camera which has slightly lower resolution because from the front camera everything appears mirrored and there is no option to re-mirror it either.

thekow
on: December 24, 2016 (GMT)

I would love a screen switcher as in every X seconds move the screen up or down and it can cycle through screens while driving.

thekow
on: December 24, 2016 (GMT)

I would love a screen switcher as in every X seconds move the screen up or down and it can cycle through screens while driving.

69GTO
on: December 26, 2016 (GMT)

Quote from thekow on December 24, 2016

I’ll second this request i have a small phone and the gauges are hard to read.but if i could put just two or three gauges per page and have them scroll it would be great.

mike108
Post Create Zones / Highlighted Areas On Gauges
on: January 1, 2017 (GMT)

Awesome app. Just one thing…

I was assuming this feature would already exist but I cant find it. I want to create zones, highlighted areas on each gauge that indicate either the range within or over normal operating range. Gauges often have a red zone indicating when the level is over normal range.

I know you can set alarms to alert you if you’re running high or low, but I don’t see any way to create a visual indicator so that can I check all my gauges at a glance and know everything is in normal range. Rather I have to remember the normal operating range for each gauge, look at each gauge and stop to think if it’s in range.

I figured you could for instance, make the coolant temperature gauge red in the area above 195. Or highlight from 175-195 with green or any color to indicate the ideal operating temperature.

Isn’t there a way to do this ? It seems like such a basic, essential feature.

blown maloo
on: January 14, 2017 (GMT)

any response for this ?

Australia FNQ

zaf1313
on: January 29, 2017 (GMT)

Hello, can somenone help me how to add warning signs,like handbrake,door open,fuel low,i have SKoda octavia mk1.

cntryby
on: January 31, 2017 (GMT)

I have searched and read until my head hurts. I have looked into the custom PIDs… etc.

I need to be able to read the line pressure on a 68rfe transmission in a 2008 ram with the 6.7 Cummins engine. If possible, I would like to be able to read the called for pressure and graph the two simultaneously.

I am willing to donate a reasonable amount to anyone who can help with this.

blown maloo
on: February 2, 2017 (GMT)

i have a custom pid for pro that shows TFT on the ranger it works ok not sure if it is the exact temp ? put it is close compaird to scangage 11
it reads
ambeant when cold same as engine coolent then goes up to 97c when going up a steep mountain, on the hiway it reads about 87, close to ECT witch is 82c
i have the ford pid pack loaded but the TFT pidsin that 1/2/3 are usless

Australia FNQ

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.537 seconds.

Follow me on twitter