Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
Automate
Post Re: Feature requests
on: August 14, 2016 (GMT)

How about a raw data function for custom PIDs? Similar to the Test PID function but would strip the header so:

would result in 878E3461

ribby1
on: August 19, 2016 (GMT)

Hello;

Could we get a method to capture some sensor data at the time an error code is logged?

I do not mean running a continuous graph, but rather be able to automatically record a few PIDs when a fault code is generated.

With this data, we could have a snapshot of what may have caused the fault code.

Thank you very much.

piemmm
Administrator
on: August 19, 2016 (GMT)

Hi

That’s freeze-frame data and is automatically logged by the ECU on most vehicles.

To view the freeze frame data, go to the fault code screen, press the menu button (or the 3 ‘…’s at the top) and then choose ‘freeze frame’). This will show you the sensors recorded the instant the fault was logged

rjs_boy
on: August 20, 2016 (GMT)

I have a Ford Truck with the 6.0L powerstroke diesel engine. To get the fuel gauge to work in Torque, I have to use the extended PID. 2216c1 which is in the extra sets included with TorquePro.

The problem is that the profile doesn’t update automatically to the current fuel level from this PID, so my Distance to Empty numbers are always wrong, and to even get them close to accurate requires me to constantly edit my vehicle profile to get the approximate fuel level.

On my car, the standard Fuel Level PID functions correctly, and automagically updated the profile with the current fuel level, and the Distance to empty numbers are reliable, and I’m sure there are other metrics the current fuel level PID is used.

Can you add the option to specify a custom PID in the vehicle profile, for monitoring the Current Fuel Level?

Thanks

blackbravo
on: August 21, 2016 (GMT)

the fiat/alfa protocol is on developing? i have it but is disable, i really want this working in my 2002 jtd , please make it work

hugovw1976
on: August 22, 2016 (GMT)

It’s possible to incorporate a navigation like google maps (driving mode) to make themes like this:

mrba
on: August 25, 2016 (GMT)

Hello,

it was the opportunity to include in the web viewer choice of values that are displayed in the chart?

(sry for google translate)

Geponchuk
on: August 28, 2016 (GMT)

Great app. Like to see abs and transmission. Oil pressure would be nice . Thanks

moreause
on: October 3, 2016 (GMT)

it may be for more advanced user

i normally transfert torque data into another software to get those value

you start with a empty 2d table
and the value in the table are populated in real time

it’s useful to follow fuel trim timing ect in different rpm boost position

a graph is usefull but a map is way faster you can see witch condition were not logged yet,

the one i use you can see how much point were taken,average,min,max

this one is a timing table … in real life there will be spot here and there that are impossible to get
that was the only image i had

pikmin
on: October 10, 2016 (GMT)

Hi,

I would like to see some sort of notification when Torque loses contact with the adapter. I’m using a cheap ELM329 clone, and occasionally it just disconnects from the phone and I have to power cycle the adapter itself (unplug it and plug it back in again), then Torque just resumes logging.

The problem is the only indication that it’s lost the connection is that the displayed values are static, and the status icons show a flashing adapter icon and no car icon. As I’m not constantly looking at my phone (due to concentrating on the road :-) ) it might be several minutes before I notice the dropped connection, which causes large gaps in the data.

What would be good is for example a spoken alert something like “connection to car/adapter lost”, and the background of the dials to flash red so I can see it out of the corner of my eye.

kmalcom
on: October 11, 2016 (GMT)

I am a very basic user of Torque. The free version does more than I could ever use but I purchased the full version just to support the app.
I would like to see the basic things needed to have an engine start and run. Things like crank position, cam position and any other sensors you would want to see while doing things like a gen3 gm swap and starting it for the first time to troubleshoot any sensors not hooked up or not working.
thanks for the app

KITT1995
on: October 15, 2016 (GMT)

Hi,
is it possible to implement the possibility to use different colours in themes for dial’s title and numbers (for example “Revs” title white and “0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8” black)

vega
on: October 19, 2016 (GMT)

is it possible to make the trip reset button programmable as to what it will reset. eg the odo, avg mpg, time running etc?

I’d also like to see the fuel gauge work as the vehicles fuel gauge does to eliminate the wildly varying DTE while driving. on my Enclave the DTE is almost useless as it can vary from 0 to 635 miles while driving when the tank is below 3/4 tank.

have a great day!!!

SpideRMaN
on: October 22, 2016 (GMT)

Would kindly like to request the ability of realtime information screens to keep on scrolling

Eg: screen 1,2,3,1,2,3,1..etc

Thanks

SpideRMaN
on: October 27, 2016 (GMT)

I kindly like to request polling interval for extended pids eg:
Default, and a request box to input time in seconds eg 0.5,1.0 etc.

piemmm
Administrator
on: October 28, 2016 (GMT)

Added a few reset options to the trip stuff (you should see in the update)

For PID updates – I’d rather do display update speed, instead of PID update speed (generally slowing the calculation down on a speedily updated system isn’t great, and instead slowing down the display update speed may be more preferable)????

Unless you have a specific reason for slowing down a PID (temperature PIDs are already slowed)

ColdDarkHart

I am just really learning to use torque pro and this feature may already be in the program and I am just unable to find. I would like to create a guage to show the delta between two other guages. In my case with a 6.0 PSD I would
Like to see the delta between Engine Oil Temp and Engine Coolant Temp to,monitor the condition of my oil cooler as in these trucks the oil cooler is a known failure point and a delta of more than 10 degrees F indicates trouble.

Hiej

from admin on October 28, 2016
For PID updates – I’d rather do display update speed, instead of PID update speed (generally slowing the calculation down on a speedily updated system isn’t great, and instead slowing down the display update speed may be more preferable)????

Unless you have a specific reason for slowing down a PID (temperature PIDs are already slowed)

I’m not sure temperatures are slowed on custom pids: I have custom pids for:

-tyres temperatures
-tyres pressure
-oil temp
-oil pres
-oil mileage
-oil degradation
-next service due
-DPF regeneration status
-DPF % load
-etcetera…

and all of them seems that they are updated at the same speed (at least looking at green flashing dot).

I put an exmple, I have a screen to monitor these pids:

– Engine cooling temperature
– Load
– Boost pressure
– engine oil temp
– engine oil pressure
– DPF temperature
– DPF regeneration status

only the first two are standard pids, the others are custom pids, these ones are all polled very fast (many times per second), and I think that for DPF temp/regen status and oil temperature is not necessary to read 5 times per second the sensors, but maybe for example 1 time every 5 seconds it would be better.
The advantage of this option is to allow the other PIDs (eg Boost, Load an oil pressure) to be updated quicker with the result of smoother and more accurate readings.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
2010 Mazda 2.2d – 185
OBDLink MX – SGS7
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

406dany
on: October 31, 2016 (GMT)

Quote from SpideRMaN on October 22, 2016
Would kindly like to request the ability of realtime information screens to keep on scrolling

Eg: screen 1,2,3,1,2,3,1..etc

Thanks

+1 it will be a good option !
and of course : screen 3,2,1,3,2,1,3…

Atually i use 11 screen so it’s not easy to good from 1 to 11
Rgds

The_Bishop
on: November 5, 2016 (GMT)

I’d like to request a way to log long term and short term knock retard on a 2013 Ram 1500.

I’ve looked through the available options, can’t seem to find it.

Thanks!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.536 seconds.

Follow me on twitter