Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
Riordian
Post Re: Feature requests
on: June 1, 2016 (GMT)

Hi. Is it impossible to have roll speed measurements such as 60 160kmh or 80 120kmh?

techguyone
on: June 3, 2016 (GMT)

I’m not sure if these get looked at as I don’t see any replies but I’d like to see these in a future release:

Pitch Meter to have you able to set max Angle of Departure & Entry along with a warning tone & the car turning red if it exceeds it

Ditto for the Roll meter. If things like this are included it only makes sense for some functionality beyond the eye candy.

Set FUEL: Rather than just 5% & then 25% increments, can we have an entry to select our own.

ohiobenz
on: June 4, 2016 (GMT)

2008 FJ Cruiser. I offroad regularly and have 3 questions:
1) Is it possible to drop “markers” in Track Recorder like I can in Gaia?
2) Can we get ABS fault code readout and reset? The readers at most autopart stores are able to do that.
3) In line with #2 is it possible to get wheel sensor data?

Thanks

aelfwyne
on: June 5, 2016 (GMT)

Torque needs its own backup/restore configuration feature. I use it on an Android head unit that is not rooted, so using Titanium Backup not an option, and copying the .Torque folder doesn’t get everything. Anytime I update firmware it does a reset, and I lose my torque config.

alexsmith
on: June 5, 2016 (GMT)

Quote from ohiobenz on June 4, 2016
> …
> 2) Can we get ABS fault code readout and reset? The readers at most autopart stores are able to do that.
> …

Number two is my question as well. I own a 2008 Land Rover Defender and it seems like ABS module communicates differently with the ECU. I *think* it is not a Torque’s limitation, but a Dongle (ELM 327) limitation instead. Ian would be able to help with that, I’m sure.

In the meantime, you can check this hack. The user says you can read more protocols by applying this mod to your ELM327. Of course I’m not sure it will work but worth a look.

http://blog.obdtool.co.uk/modify-elm327-bluetooth-obd2-v1-5v-scan-tool-to-read-j1850-pwm-vehicle/

There is also this hack to allow reading extended info for Ford engines.

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4

Good luck!

thekow
on: June 17, 2016 (GMT)

A proper Theme editor would be great for PC or something. Not high priority but something in the future.

docksite
on: June 28, 2016 (GMT)

Buttons for play/pause/next/previous that works with Spotify would be brilliant!

Having a playlist of around 2000 songs now, and would like to control it from Torque instead of shifting apps.

Consider this a safety update :)

Mitsubishi Lancer 2011 1.8 DI-D
Audi Avant 1992, 1.6

thekow
on: July 4, 2016 (GMT)

If you want to do this. You can use the app OVERLAYS to put “widgets” over the top of the current app.

rbfnet
on: July 6, 2016 (GMT)

On the current version of Android Torque, when I add a “Digital Display” box to the screen, the two smallest sizes are “Tiny” and “Small”. Tiny is about 8 grid-units in size, and Small is twice that size (so about 16 grid units).

In a much older version of Torque, there was an intermediate size, that was about 1.5 times as wide/tall as “Tiny”. (I don’t remember what the names were — there might have been a name between “Tiny” and “Small”, or it might have that “Small” was anout 1.5 times as large as Tiny and the next size up was 2 times as large as Tiny).

I don’t know when this changed — I kept upgrading Torque, but wasn’t modifying any screens, so I kept seeing the same size boxes, even though the app had lost the ability to create new boxes of that size.

I’ve now got a new android phone, and am setting up Torque, and am unable to create digital displays of the 12 (or so) unit size. (I have verified that it is not the new device — on the old device, I can no longer create digital displays of that size, even though the ones I created in the past under an older version of Torque still work).

It’s an Android Galaxy S6 (the previous phone was an S4), if that matters.

I would like to request that the feature to allow Digital Displays of the aformentioned size (i.e. halfway between the current Tiny and the current Small) be put back into the app.

thekow
on: July 13, 2016 (GMT)

Options for (straight / segmented) bars and power bands instead of only dials would be sweet.

Sp@wN
on: July 16, 2016 (GMT)

Hi, I am Torque Pro user since end 2011, normally I use standard theme’s for my dials and gauges, after two years in my Golf Mk6 the theme start to get boring so I created a theme by myself, not that it is perfect but I like it.

When I was putting the dials together in Torque I noticed that I need a bigger dial than smallest one but not so big as the bigger one, so I am in need for a dial size between smallest and one above.

I am not sure if this is a huge request but I would really appreciate it if its accomplished.

Here some information with pictures if my crappy English was not clear enough:

thekow
on: July 19, 2016 (GMT)

You need to change the TICK angles in the properties.txt files. As for the size there isn’t much we can really do about that at the moment.

Sp@wN
on: July 21, 2016 (GMT)

The tick angels are just like I wanted, because I set it like that, this was not a question how I make a theme, this was a question/request to the developer (Ian) if it was possible to put a different sizes gauges in future releases. As we are in future request topic.

Mantree
on: July 28, 2016 (GMT)

I’d love to see a long term fuel consumption seting instead of it reseting every time I shut it off as well as widgets for the home screen. I am installing a android in dash dvd player and would love to have my mpg displayed on the dash all the time

audiq5
on: August 5, 2016 (GMT)

Can you add an option to fit new pads on a car with electronic hand breaks at all

Chillout
on: August 10, 2016 (GMT)

I have three requests:

– allow a custom background for Acceleration widget
– allow a custom background for Compass widget
– have TorqueWidgets plugin use the right dialStartAngle/dialStopAngle, since it currently doesn’t use those

F-150Torqued
on: August 12, 2016 (GMT)

Boy, I gotta tell ya – for the life of me I can’t imagine how few users would actually use SIN(…), TAN(…), COS(…) SQRT(…) or RANDOM() in a Torque Formula. I’m admittedly no high powered mathematician.

But I certainly would use INT(valid formula) A LOT to squash the decimal values out and stabilize the readings on many gauges (AND LOG READINGS) such as coolant temperature, trans temperature, oil temperature, speed, RPM and just about every gauge I can think of except those where I am interested in raw sensor output data. Like so many have said, they don’t care about tenths of a kilometer or mile per hour, or a tenth of a degree on a 210 degree coolant temperature reading. (or a decimal fraction of one revolution of the transmission output shaft).

Please Piemmm, if you can add the likes of square root, cosine and so forth, would it really be that difficult to make the math routine parse the characters “INT” and execute the appropriate function at the appropriate time? It would be massively helpful, especially since we can’t specify zero decimal points on any gauges except the digital.

——————–

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

I’ll try to get those extra functions added (admittely I missed LOG as that would be an obvious one!)

It won’t be in the update this week, but I have a fair bit queued up so hopefully it should be in next Fridays update (with a load of other stuff people also asked for!)

Things like variably sized dials I’ll look at too. I can see the point (and it’s kind of cool arranging them like that) but code/CPU usage wise isn’t great for me doing it the ‘easy’ way :) so will look into it a bit further. Again may not be available in the immediate update coming

FntX

this sounds great!

jcm_gdl
on: August 13, 2016 (GMT)

One request I want to ask is to change when to mantain the screen on in the device (telephone o tablet) while torque is the foreground application. It should be on only while the ECU is connected and turn to standby (turn off the screen) a minute after ECU is not connected (the little car icon), even when the OBDII device is on or connected to the vehicle. Thats very important, because if I forget the phone in the car after a trip for a while (that was happend to me many times) it stays on, even when the engine’s car is not running or the ECU is not connected (little car’s icon flashing) and the battery drains quickly.

Another request is to change the behavior of the new log file: There are two options now: begin a new file in the very moment ECU is disconnected, or begin a new file after half of an hour or more. When the first option is enabled, if the connection to the ECU is lost for a few seconds, the system restarts a new log file (what is annoying because cuts a trip into two or more trips), but if the second option is enabled, I have to quit Torque if I am going to use the car few minutes after the last trip, and I want to separate the trip logs, even if I turn off the car for only more than one minute.

Thanks

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.53 seconds.

Follow me on twitter