Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
F-150Torqued
Post Re: Feature requests
on: November 1, 2015 (GMT)

Think I ran over the LIMIT. Sorry,

Finishing up…..

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 1, 2015 (GMT)

it’s a problem with right and left chevrons (need to mod the forum software to accept it) – use & gt ; and & lt ; (no spaces) and it’ll work (or just leave the chevrons out)

JtotheC11
on: November 3, 2015 (GMT)

u should add a digital compass. like “NE, SE, N, E”

HoTsHoT89
on: November 3, 2015 (GMT)

Quote from HoTsHoT89 on October 27, 2015
I’d like to see a feature where you can send an OBD command on certain PINs reaching certain values (for example, send command when RPM is over 7000). This no doubt would be very useful to others where more feedback of a certain value can be used to inform the driver.

Thanks!

@piemmm

Any possibility that this trigger functionality could be implemented?

txbearsfan81
on: November 4, 2015 (GMT)

Please see my idea for Torque and tell me what you think in this thread (see link below):

http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=6643.0

lark

Hi, I’m a reasonably new Torque user and there’s a few features/improvements that I’d like to float – some or all of these could have already been brought up here, but there’s 75 pages to read through to check, so apologies if I’m covering old ground.

Also note that I’m still using the free version so these may already be available in the pro version. (I will be buying pro soon, it’s dirt cheap and no reason not to!!)

• Problem: Moving widgets – I find it very cumbersome to move widgets around, press-hold, select move, move widget, snaps into wrong place, press-hold, select move, etc – often having to do this 4/5 times to get some widgets positioned nicely. This is most evident on small screen devices where the ratio of finger movement to screen pixels is small.
  • Suggestion: Use the standard Android UI gesture/procedure. Press hold to select, drag to move, keep selected until touch elsewhere (ie, touch something that’s not the selected widget)

To delete have a bin icon to drag the selected widget to. bin icon is only shown when an icon is pressed and held to select.

• Problem: Screen orientation – I use a mounted phone in landscape mode. There is a “auto rotate” feature but that requires me to unmount my phone, rotate it to portrait and then back to landscape to get Torque to show in landscape mode. Note that the display often also gets a bit quirky if ads are shown (sometimes) where the page sizes are not calculated properly and widgets hang between two pages.
  • Suggestion: Add a ‘fixed landscape/portrait’ setting to force it into one or the other always.

• Problem: Screen densities vary a lot, on some devices the widget sizes are inadequate (too small or too large even with the small/medium/large choices.)
  • Suggestion: Provide a variable widget size (free scale/size.

• Idea: Allow event triggers from OBDII data somewhat akin to ‘if-this-then-that’ – allow an event to be triggered (play audio, flash screen red) when a value exceeds a value or is in a range.
  • Example scenario: RMP alarm – play audio and flash screen red when RPM exceeds set value. Think ‘track day’ it’s noisy, you’re not the uber expert and you’re not noticing that you keep exceeding an RMP limit you’d like to keep (I do this :( ).. Would be great to have it play a nice big BEEEEEP through my car sound system (bluetooth) each time I hit my wanted RMP limit. Obviously there are countless different scenarios where this type of feature could be used. RPM, Speed, Fuel level, Boost PSI, Coolant temp, etc.

Anyway, love Torque – fantastic app, just thought I’d share my thoughts.

DevNull

I don’t know if this was requested or not (going over 20+ pages is too time consuming for my schedule :) )but I think it would be useful if more then one data source could be selected in Graphing Line charts, and 3 data sources could be selected on the Scatter chart.

Thanks

dec
on: November 6, 2015 (GMT)

Quote from Greyspectre on July 20, 2015
if Torque could support Android Auto that would be amazing. The ability to put gauges and stuff on the head unit in the car would be extremely useful.

Agree!! First to market on AA is gonna be huge for some biz !!

PwnedXJ
on: November 15, 2015 (GMT)

TORQUE SUPPORT FOR GOOGLE CHROMECAST

I had installed an Android tablet in my vehicle and using Torque was a breeze. Unfortunately it did not survive in there probably because of the heat. I recently replaced the tablet with a screen that has both hdmi and av ports. The main purpose for the hdmi is so that I can use Google Chromecast with my phone. AV is used with the backup camera.

As you may probably be aware the main advantage with the Chromecast is the capability of casting as opposed to screen mirroring. (https://www.google.com/intl/en_us/chromecast/tv/#?discover). Thus with the Chromecast you can show a supported app on the tv and continue using other apps and functions on the phone’s screen. However, not all apps are supported in Chromecast. Torque is one such app that presently does not support Chromecast.

Could you please enable support for Chromecast so that those of us who use Chromecast in the car can continue viewing Torque on the car screen while using the phone without having to move out of Torque. This feature will be very welcome.

Regards, Ed.

Donahue
on: November 25, 2015 (GMT)

I’d like to see if there can be some sort of priority system for the PIDs displayed (or logged). perhaps some sort of 3 tier system, where tier 1 gets updated at normal rate, tier 2 gets updated at 1/2 normal rate, and tier 3 gets updated at 1/4 normal rate. I am picturing it like whole notes, half notes and quarter notes in music. then allow us to set the priority for each display on the dashboard in a similar way to changing the min/max.

there are several pieces of information that are useful, but dont change quickly like coolant temps. there are other useful information that changes quite fast, like AFR.

horst

Hello,
would it be possible to make a Plugin for Fiat Ducato before 2006.
Fiat has his own OBD Protkoll before 2006, ist only works with Multieucsan (no Android) and Alfaobd (no Dashboard, many expensiv).
Almost all Motorhome in Europ are Fiat Ducato, especially the earlier models 230 and 244, and most still are the pretty old on the street.
And the Informartionen and the logging of torque straight to the long trips would be very welcome, precisely because the older models do not show a lot of values.
In German motorhome forums is great interest in this feature and even greater readiness to pay for it.
In Europe are 400000 motorhomes traveling, and a large proportion of which have the Ducato 230/244. The demand would be available.
Would it be technically possible?

Sorry for the bad translate english

willf

Quote from Donahue on November 25, 2015
I’d like to see if there can be some sort of priority system for the PIDs displayed (or logged). perhaps some sort of 3 tier system, where tier 1 gets updated at normal rate, tier 2 gets updated at 1/2 normal rate, and tier 3 gets updated at 1/4 normal rate. I am picturing it like whole notes, half notes and quarter notes in music. then allow us to set the priority for each display on the dashboard in a similar way to changing the min/max.

there are several pieces of information that are useful, but dont change quickly like coolant temps. there are other useful information that changes quite fast, like AFR.

Your request is valid but unfortunately, not possible in most cases. The OEMs have already prioritized the messaging and although you may poll more often, you’re not going to get replies more often. See http://hackaday.com/2013/10/22/can-hacking-the-in-vehicle-network

inp
on: December 14, 2015 (GMT)

My ECU doesn’t support control module voltage (pid 0142) and internal adapter voltage (pid ff1238). The adapter voltage PID is “Waiting for data”. Send command button ATRV works, but I have to refresh it manually and the value only appers in test window.

Is it possible to show the information on that command on the button itself, or in the adapter status bar ?

Like photo https://copy.com/1PJxkmImcwVECJTC

shadow11790
on: December 17, 2015 (GMT)

torque sleep based on ecu connection

ie

ecu disconnected device sleeps

ecu connected device is awake

cintakc
on: December 17, 2015 (GMT)

My ECU doesn’t support control module voltage (pid 0142) and internal adapter voltage (pid ff1238). The adapter voltage PID is “Waiting for data”. Send command button ATRV works,

The voltage on the adapter should display regardless of the ECU.
Recently there were the Chinese version 2.1 adapters that do not show the voltage on the adapter in Torque.
On some cars can display external PID voltage of other control units cars, for example such as the block EMPS or ABS or Panel Contol.

inp
on: December 21, 2015 (GMT)

In my case.
Adapter Chinese version 2.1 .
Only one mode for me.
Send AT RV command button , refresh it manually value only appears in test window.

cintakc

send debugging information to the author, he looks for some reason does not work Adapter voltage (pid ff1238).

inp

Thank you
took your advice!)

infamousjamous
on: December 23, 2015 (GMT)

The notification bar turns from black to light blue during startup ever since the Android Lollipop update on a Samsung Note 3. It this just me?

The blue notification bar ruins the awesome look of Torque. Black would be better. I would run full screen and hide the bar but the notifications can be crucial.

Hoboman
on: December 23, 2015 (GMT)

Quote from admin on April 25, 2011
Hi

Please email me at ian@prowl.org if you have a feature you’d like to see in the app, this way I get to see the feature and I have a record of it permanently in my email

(this thread will be periodically cleaned of posts)
(last cleaned 6th Jun, features noted and some implemented or coming soon in an update!) :)

Thanks!

Ian

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.428 seconds.

Follow me on twitter