Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
djed
Post Re: Feature requests
on: July 18, 2015 (GMT)

I have a 2001 Ford F-350 with a 7.3L diesel engine and am using ScanTool’s MX Bluetooth device with Torque Pro.

I (and many other Ford Powerstroke owners) have been experiencing a problem with Torque Pro when pulling fault codes – the app triggers the check engine (“SES”) light and, if the engine is on, kills the engine.

I consider myself very qualified when it comes to technology and have chosen (and tested) what I believe are the most conservative communication options in the app.

After using the OBDLink software (which has an option to disable polling of mode 09 sensors), I believe the issue may result from Torque trying to poll the mode 09 PID 02 (VIN query). I am told that Auto Enginuity will also crash when trying to access VIN information.

Is there a way to get the Torque developers to evaluate this issue and, if appropriate, implement a workaround?

Thank you.

Greyspectre
on: July 20, 2015 (GMT)

if Torque could support Android Auto that would be amazing. The ability to put gauges and stuff on the head unit in the car would be extremely useful.

psion
on: August 4, 2015 (GMT)

To support Nissan Consult Protocol with ELM adapter like the NDS II app does.

flashgordon370
on: August 14, 2015 (GMT)

Hi all,

My request is simple:

Reading the Target AFR and the AFR, It’s beautiful to see immediatly if I am running ok , a little bit lean, lean, very lean or a little bit rich, rich or very rich.

I am thinking a flat Screen that’s change entirely it’s color:

GREEN = ok (i.e. +/- 3% of the target value)

GREEN smoothing to BLUE = the AFR it’s becaming rich
BLUE = the AFR is very rich

GREEN smoothing RED = the AFR it’s becaming lean
RED = the AFR is very lean

An Icon shows easly if I am running in Open Loop or Closed Loop.

That’s all!

In track days, when the gas pedal is fully down, observing (easly is better) if the engine is running Ok it’s a must!

dj_aj
on: August 18, 2015 (GMT)

Add the option to Start/Stop logging under the Push button widget.

This eliminates the need to go into menu and start/stop logging and helps create separate logs conveniently when you do pulls.

Thanks.

hotpocketdeath
on: August 25, 2015 (GMT)

Ok, been a while since I’ve been around here, but I was curious if there was some consideration for limiting the polling rate for certain gauges.

I would much rather have things like my boost and fuel flow rate gauges updating much faster than my temperature gauges since those values tend not to change as rapidly.

Paul99
on: August 28, 2015 (GMT)

i got a new tablet with android 5 and now torque pro can’t talk to my usb adapter :(. Is there a plug-in or patch i can use ? It worked fine with android 4.

mn0275
on: September 3, 2015 (GMT)

Hi, I have bought Scantool’s MX Wifi adapter and can’t connect with the app with my Android 5.1 LG G4. With the supplied Scanroo’s app it works (it checked 3 different transmission protocols before communication was established). I suppose that there is a problem with the transmission protocol?

Bimmer1
on: September 23, 2015 (GMT)

Separate data acquisition and data display into separate apps/threads.

When I use Torque and have to interrupt Torque temporarily, I lose all my max and min values on the display dashboard layout.

It would be nice if Torque would continue to communicate and pull data and keep max/min up-to-date in the background and to be able to be displayed again with I restore the app display focus.

bbowler
on: October 6, 2015 (GMT)

Is there a way to add multiple PIDs to log at the same time? If not, could you add it :-) In the event it matters, I’m using the latest lite version on a MotoX running 4.4.4.

diesl
on: October 10, 2015 (GMT)

The pro version does that. I never tried logging with the lite version; does it not allow to add another PID after you add the first one to the list?

2012 VW JSW TDI w/ DSG

stei3403
on: October 22, 2015 (GMT)

Is there any way for Torque to set cruise control? I have a vehicle with no cruise from the factory and this would be an easy solution and much cheaper than aftermarket cruise control systems.

Thanks

bdproductions
on: October 22, 2015 (GMT)

Hello,

I have an in-dash Android stereo that works PERFECTLY with Torque, except all gauges end up reverting to portrait view each time I start the app… Obviously I can’t rotate the stereo, so a manual landscape mode selector would be nice.

I downloaded a screen rotation override app, which works for all other apps I have tried, but Torque ignores it for all dials, graphs, or displays….

Ads display correctly with or without the override app, so it is just vehicle data that displays incorrectly.

(yes, that means menus display with the proper orientation)

I will purchase Torque if there is a way to get it to display correctly.

When I first set a new display it will be the right orientation, but as soon as I quit and restart, and all subsequent starts of Torque, all displays end up sideways.

This leads me to believe a manual checkbox style menu option would be a good way to go… We can assume only more and more Android car stereos will be running Torque, and with already so many to choose from it might be easiest to accommodate them with a button/check box.

Thank you for making such a useful app. It rocks, other than the orientation of displays reverting to portrait view on my landscape only device.

I bought the stereo to offload apps I used to run on my phones, which saves many hours of run time each charge.

Eric

Broadcast Engineer

leipziger
Post nitrogen oxide
on: October 25, 2015 (GMT)

It is asked whether in Diesel cars, the emissions of nitrogen oxide can be measured by the Torque app .

piemmm
Administrator

There’s a PID for NOx sensors Mode 01, PID 83. I don’t know the conversion for it (it’s also a fairly recent PID so not all vehicles support it, I currently don’t know if recent VW’s support it)

If you can find out the conversion info, then you can add the PID in the ‘Manage extra sensors’ part of the app (so, yes, Torque supports it as you can add any PID if you can find the information for it)

As soon as I know the conversion info for NOx then it’ll be put into the app as an available PID from the default list. There seems to be a lot of interest in NOx sensors at the moment…….

towe_001

Quote from admin on October 25, 2015
There seems to be a lot of interest in NOx sensors at the moment…….
I’d say it’s cause of VW being caught out fudging the emissions figures on their diesel vehicles. And people, like myself, would like to know if their vehicle is running correctly etc.

HoTsHoT89
on: October 27, 2015 (GMT)

I’d like to see a feature where you can send an OBD command on certain PINs reaching certain values (for example, send command when RPM is over 7000). This no doubt would be very useful to others where more feedback of a certain value can be used to inform the driver.

Thanks!

F-150Torqued
on: November 1, 2015 (GMT)

@piemmm Administrator;

THREE (3) requests that I believe many other users would also find helpful.

Background: I have developed a number of useful dashboard gauges and phantom PIDs for variables, capitalizing on PID’s found in a full Torque Scan. Of course, not knowing WHAT they are or WHAT they do requires creating MANY ‘temporary’ or ‘test’ PIDs and gauges to sort out custom PID uses, meanings, formulas, and gauge parameters. These custom PIDs routinely must be given completely arbitrary names – TEST01, TEST02 etc. From a dashboard screen, there is apparently NO WAY to determine WHICH ‘CUSTOM PID’ a specific gauge is connected to – especially if that gauge name (short title) has been modified to make IT more meaningful.

(1)- It would be MOST useful if a long-tap menu on a gauge had a selection to “IDENTIFY SOURCE PID”

(2)- At the conclusion of a FULL TORQUE SCAN, touching the _screen_ ‘EVEN ACCIDENTLY / MOMENTARILY’ before emailing/sharing results, erases the whole HOUR’s worth of Scan Data. Damn it pisses you off!

(3)- The ability to use ‘boolean’ arithmetic in formulas. This would be more involved than the first 2 items, (requiring changing the existing function ‘>’) but would be phenomenally beneficial & powerful and would largely serve to answer requests for “IF statements” in formulas.

Please don’t think I am being too critical. As a retired programmer myself – I have TREMENDOUS admiration for what you have done!!!

Thank you, F-150Torqued

————-

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

(starting to go through the backlog of these…)

Can you give a couple use cases of where you would use the boolean logic (together with a really quick example of how you’d like to see it used in practice) – I can’t guarantee this, however as I’ll be looking at something that may be ‘slightly’ similar for how alarms also work, I could also use the extra info to get the best implementation

F-150Torqued

RE: Feature request of Nov 1, 2015 above.

Thanks for asking. In the computer’s little binary brain, logical true/false tests ALL result in either zero or 1, or zero and -1. In either case, the result winds up in the accumulator somewhere anyway. If that numeric result can be included in a formula one can structure all sorts of “either” – “or” numeric results. I’ve used this feature extensively in Microsoft Excel formulas for years.

Example in Torque – I’ve added a gauge for the Ford F150 5.4L Triton engine – PID #16CD (RCAM), the ECU’s “Requested cam retard” in crankshaft degrees. The SHOC phaser is ‘incapable’ of advancing timing. Only ‘retard’ from a base position. However, for unknown reasons – the ECU response to a cmd: 2216CD produces a two byte response that is frequently negative on the order of -.02º to -.09º. Even using the formula ((Signed(A)*256)+B)/10 and setting gauge minimum to Zero, the gauge still reads below zero slightly – an impossible condition. Simple boolean cure, if the Android system uses positive logic (Logical One for true result), would be (A>0)*(((A*256)+B)/10). If Android uses inverted logic (either -1, or 0 for true), then I would simply change the above preamble to the formula to ((A>0)*-1), or (((A>0)*-1)+1). Thus, my gauge would ONLY read ZERO, or a positive number, and nothing else.

In a Second Case – working on a gauge for the 5.4L Triton IMRCM (Intake Manifold Runner Control Valve – PID #1634), the ECU outputs a control word that _appears_ to “disable” the device’s movement by turning on the HIGH bit ???, (not intended to be a negative voltage output.) Although the values continue to change – it seems that the high bit prevents the valve from moving. (???) Therefore, I needed a gauge that “wouldn’t MOVE” when the high bit of A was TRUE, though the values continue to change. I “skinned the cat” by creating TWO phantom PID’s and structured formulas to simulate what I could have done with boolean logic as follows:

Phantom PID named IMRC_dis = Intake Manifold Runner Control Monitor A>7
Phantom PID named IMRC_sav = VAL{Intake Manifold runner Control Monitor}

The guage displays IMRCM (Intake Manifold Runner Control Monitor) w/ this formula
(VAL{IMRC_SAV)*VAL{IMRC_dis})+(((((A*256)+B)/63)*12.5001)*((VAL{IMRC_dis}*-1)+1))

The gauge moves NORMALLY if the value of IMRCM is positive. Of course, this works by multiplying the value of IMRCM_sav by either Zero or One depending on the high bit, then ADDing the value of IMRCM * Zero or 1 depending on the OPPOSITE CONDITION of the high bit. One side or the other of the equation will be zero while the OTHER is one.

This workaround WORKS, but I think you can see how simple this could be accomplished with a direct boolean arithmetic implementation.

Which version of the above types of logical handling Android employs is immaterial. The user can quickly figure it out with a single test formula. The programmer need not concern himself with which it is, ALL would work the same with “=”, “not=”, “>”, “

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.291 seconds.

Follow me on twitter