Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
Dehumanizer
Post Re: Feature requests
on: March 13, 2015 (GMT)

Hello,

I just started using Torque and I have a few questions/suggestions.
First, is it possible to change the application language without changing the whole device language?
Then, it would be nice if there was an option of disabling screen off timeout for the whole application.
And the third thing, and that would be even more nice, if the car profile also held the information about what I need to log for that car. The way it is now, if I have more cars and I want to log different things, I need to manually change it each time I switch the car.
Anyway, thanks for this great application!

cintakc

You do not need to change each time
create multiple profiles
Setting->vehicle profile-> use separate dachboard layot

Dehumanizer

Quote from cintakc on March 13, 2015
You do not need to change each time
create multiple profiles
Setting->vehicle profile-> use separate dachboard layot

But that doesn’t apply to logging, logged data does not change with the change of dashboard, does it?

cintakc

then, for each car, create a new profile

Dehumanizer

Ok, I’m not following you. I have two profiles, but when I change something in settings/data logging/select what to log, it stays the same when I select a different profile.

Edit: Ok, now I got it, I thought the logged PIDs do not change with the profile change even with separate dashboard checked, my mistake. So it works, thank you!

Anyway, my other questions are stil valid.

dijon92
on: March 30, 2015 (GMT)

The current version of Torque only supports 3 bytes (6 hex chars). It used to be 4 bytes. Can this be fixed on Torque.

Sish
on: April 11, 2015 (GMT)

Hello!
Thanks for great software.

Q: whether it is possible to calculate the fuel used (MPG, litres per 100 km, etc) instead of VSS signal from the ECU, speed signal from GPS?

On my car (Ford Explorer 1998) Torque Pro not receiving a signal VSS from ECU, but GPS shows the speed.

Sorry for my poor English.

fabioferreiracs
Post Gasolina E27 - Brazil
on: April 17, 2015 (GMT)

The new Brazilian legislation adopted the gasoline to E27. This gas contains 27% alcohol. Could you provide this number in the update?

Thanks

backfire
on: April 25, 2015 (GMT)

Hello!
Just started using Torque, thanks for great soft.

Q: Is it possible to make cumulative option (like odometer) for some parameters, to collect working statistics. For example it would be helpful to count engine running time and fuel used.

Best regards.

N_Raged
on: April 28, 2015 (GMT)

I would like to see an option to change the time for when the min&max values to reset automatically. Like I would have the min&max values hold for say 5 seconds then reset to take another reading. Not too different from the peak value readout on a stereo’s equilizer display.

corbeliere
on: May 2, 2015 (GMT)

Hi.

Would it be possible to add a feature so that all map view data can be deleted at once, rather than having to delete each individual trip.

Also, I have a problem on long trips with Torque. After about 4 to 5 hours of driving, it freezes up. Sometimes it will restart after exiting, but other times it simple won’t restart.

It’s usually sods law that it happens in a 50MPH restricted road works section on a UK motorway.

Many thanks.

az_r2d1
on: May 9, 2015 (GMT)

I use different cars w different obd2 elm327 adapters.
When I change to a different car I change the setting for a different elm327 adapter since each vehicle has its own.

Can the vehicle settings be tied to a bluetooth adapter ?

Another request I have is to show the name I used in my samsung for each adapter.
Right now in Torque I only see the MAC address and ODB2 while I did rename them in my samsung bluetooth settings so I can distinguish between them.

alexsmith
on: June 1, 2015 (GMT)

I read at http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=633.0 that I should send feature requests to that e-mail address, but I did it on Feb, 16, 2015 and got no reply, so I’m posting it here. Maybe it is in Ian’s SPAM box. :)

I’ve been using Torque for quite a long time and I’d like to share some features I’d like it to have. Here we go:

1. Unit conversion

It should be possible to choose the unit in which data will be displayed in the app. For example: if data comes in km, one could use default unit (km) or change it to another unit, like miles. You could put a list of possible units or you could let the user enter the conversion equation, but this second possibility could be a little more difficult to implement than a simple list, of course. This request is basically to be able to use hPa instead of psi in pressure sensors, but would also be very useful in Celsius/Fahrenheit, km/h / mph, etc… In my specific case, I have a barometer sensor on my phone and another barometer sensor on the car ECU, but they show their reading in different units and that is not changeable. It would be nice to have them both using the same unit, for comparison. There are more users requesting a similar feature here http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=2341.0

2. Auto-adaptive graphics

This could come as a checkbox in the sensor configuration. Something like “Adaptive: on/off”. Basically it should re-scale the graphics when values go, say, out of bounds. A typical example is when I’m tracking mileage. To have a better notion, I use a “from 0 to 15 km per liter” approach. But, for cars with fuel injection, mileage goes very higher than that when you’re going down a hill, for example, or in any situation when you’re putting little effort to the engine. In such cases, there is no way to know about real mileage measurement. So the graphic could keep “adapting itself”, i.e. growing and shrinking as necessary. It would be also a cool feature to have a timeout value. I believe it can be done simply by tracking the highest and lowest values that still being shown in the graphic, keeping bounds around those values.

3. Time- and Count-related averages

When I set up a gauge to show some kind of average, there could be a combo box where user could choose the average behavior, i.e., how average will be calculated. The options could be:

– All values: this is default and uses all computed values to calculate the average.
– Time-related: average calculations use values from the last “n” hours, minutes or seconds.
– Count-related: average calculations are made based on the last “n” values read from that sensor.

This would be useful during long trips, as average can vary largely according to wind, road steepness or even engine-related problems. For example: if the average starts to decrease too much and there is no apparent reason, you know you have to check engine, transmission, etc, for failures.

4. Sound alarms

I use temperature alarms very often, but I could not find any place where I could define a sound alarm. Only flashing the sensor or not. But most of the time, I’ll be driving when temperature goes beyond the specified threshold, so a sounding alarm would be way more effective in terms of warning.

Please let me know if you need further explanations about these requests.

Best wishes!

cintakc
on: June 21, 2015 (GMT)

Proposal to to the author by improve of the program:

Add in Torque able to create (customize) a storage parameter with the stored value. For example, the default option, “the cost of fuel for the trip” will be reset to zero each time the ignition is switched off.
Can I customize a similar option that would retain value when disconnecting Torque next time you connect it continued to build not from zero, but with the previous value?

Red Raspberry
on: June 21, 2015 (GMT)

How about AC pressure for the Hyundai Genesis Coupe?

Shonky
on: June 22, 2015 (GMT)

Quote from az_r2d1 on May 9, 2015
I use different cars w different obd2 elm327 adapters.
When I change to a different car I change the setting for a different elm327 adapter since each vehicle has its own.

Can the vehicle settings be tied to a bluetooth adapter ?

Another request I have is to show the name I used in my samsung for each adapter.
Right now in Torque I only see the MAC address and ODB2 while I did rename them in my samsung bluetooth settings so I can distinguish between them.

===

This should be possible in profile for each vehicle where you can select the adapter. “Advanced – Connect using this bluetooth adapter when using this profile”.

Similar to this request, could VIN be attached to the vehicle profile so when the VIN is detected/read it can switch automatically to that profile instead?

Ultimately with either/both of these it would be nice to have it automatically switch between adapters/profile. I realise that might mean pairing a couple of adapters and Torque would have to cycle through them looking for a connection.

alexsmith
on: June 22, 2015 (GMT)

I wonder whether messages posted here are ever read… :(

At the first page, it is stated:

“Please email me at ian@prowl.org if you have a feature you’d like to see in the app, this way I get to see the feature and I have a record of it permanently in my email”

I already did it more than once (as many of you, probably), but got no reply.

As a TorquePro buyer, I’ve shown my support to the project and would like a feedback, even if it is something like “Your requests are being reviewed” or even “We can’t implement that”. I see many nice requests here, which would certainly be a great improvement to TorquePro. They should at least be answered.

As far as I researched, the last reply from the project’s admin was in August 7, 2013 (see page 10).

I really wonder what happened.

blautens
on: June 23, 2015 (GMT)

Regarding selecting PIDs to be logged:

I wonder if it would be possible that in addition to selecting PIDs to be logged independently of the real time display (which is the way it works now) if there could be an option to log PIDs based on the real time display configuration, or at least an option to populate the PIDs to be logged from the display settings and then the user could deselect ones they didn’t wish to be logged. It would save quite a bit of time.

It would seem to me there is a strong correlation between the things I configure my real time display for and the things I’d like logged. It’s pretty much a match, in fact.

loft
on: July 13, 2015 (GMT)

It would be an interesting feature for Torque to automatically calculate the MPG ‘trim’ adjustment.
For example, to keep the average fuel ussage between tank fills and, when setting the fuel tank as full, to ask for actual fuel usage (based on full to full calculations) and adjust the trim based on this info.
Thanks!

Nova3930
on: July 18, 2015 (GMT)

I would just like to suggest that the ability to add a list of PIDS to log via csv file in a similar manner to how you can add custom pids would be very useful.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.264 seconds.

Follow me on twitter