Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
bira
Post Re: Feature requests
on: January 5, 2015 (GMT)

Not quite. You can only change it globally it would appear, not for individual gauges.

Quote from willf on December 31, 2014
Hello,

You can accomplish this with any of the theme editors from Quadhelix. It will take a little trial and error but it allows you to set the start and stop angle of any gauge. They have several free versions in the “Google Play store” if you’re running Android. Not sure about IOS.

good luck and if you have any issues, drop me a pm and I’ll try to help.

Camelfoe
on: January 6, 2015 (GMT)

Quote from bira on January 5, 2015
Not quite. You can only change it globally it would appear, not for individual gauges.

This page:

http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Themes

shows how to adjust the start/stop angle for individual gauges. Use:

dialStartAngle_=
dialStopAngle_=

and plug in the applicable PID. As far as I know, this only works for gauges using the dial format. I don’t think there is a corresponding DisplayStartAngle_, because that’s locked to 90/90.

Handy trick, if you want the needle to move counterclockwise, add 360 to the StartAngle value.

jrobertdobson
on: January 9, 2015 (GMT)

Am I missing something or is oil pressure missing, Would love that. Thanks

Ramrod

OK I just installed a Double Din Radio that can ALMOST use Torque Pro. I say ALMOST because I Connect my radio to my OBD2 and the Radio runs Torque… Just 1 slight issue. I can’t get to the Settings to tell Torque to connect to the OBD device. I can set my Car settings like Motor size, fuel tank size etc….

Pic’s… See the missing Settings Icon…

Screen Shot from my Phone.

Now a picture of my Radio…No Settings Icon in the Corner…

Simple Fix would be to have a settings widget like the other features around the Large Gauge just like the Test Results, Map View, Fault Codes etc….

Capp777

Ramrod:

Have you tried getting to settings from the
Adapter Status icon functions? settings are
at the end of list.

(Torque Pro)

Ramrod

I’ll go try that again… I looked, but didn’t see it. May have over looked it.

Ramrod

Ok that worked and I can connect to the ODB but I get this now….What causes it not to talk to the ECU?

Pilotex007
on: January 10, 2015 (GMT)

Ramrod, you’ll likely find that your blutooth transmitter in the head unit does not have data transfer capability. I was going to do the same thing but found there are no current android HUs with the correct bt transmitter built in.

bira
on: January 20, 2015 (GMT)

Thanks. I’ll have to check that out.

Quote from Camelfoe on January 6, 2015
Quote from bira on January 5, 2015

This page:

http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Themes

shows how to adjust the start/stop angle for individual gauges. Use:

dialStartAngle_=
dialStopAngle_=

and plug in the applicable PID. As far as I know, this only works for gauges using the dial format. I don’t think there is a corresponding DisplayStartAngle_, because that’s locked to 90/90.

Handy trick, if you want the needle to move counterclockwise, add 360 to the StartAngle value.

tz1
on: January 21, 2015 (GMT)

Someone stole my tablet, so now I have to reconstruct my screen, and am finding the same annoyances.

You cannot position anything accurately with touch

In my case, it is a retinal Samsung, so it takes about a half-dozen tries to get the digital gauges to align.

Skeuomorphism makes things far worse

All I have is a gray background with something pretending to be chrome making it harder to align. There is no “grid” on the background, so the highlight when moving doesn’t help.

Why not a selectable grid?

So instead of 1mm on my tablet, make it 5-10mm so I can’t position anything wrong. Oh, and make it visible.

If a sensor isn’t supported, why display it in the bedsheet menu – and why not split out device / vehicle / calculated?

I always have to keep

scrolling

and

scrolling

and

scrolling

to add the “next” sensor, past unused, disabled, or lets have yet another variant.

And while we’re at it, “delete all dials”, it is a pain to have to do everyone manually, and a “populate all active vehicle sensors” so I can get them all on screen and maybe alter or delete as I need them instead of using the bedsheet menu

It’s nice after it is setup, until I want to rearrange or resize anything.

tz1
Post Zubie/Automatic/etc version/mode
on: January 21, 2015 (GMT)

On “Cool Tools” they reviewed the Automatic which is similar to a Zubie. http://kk.org/cooltools/archives/23054

Torque Pro already does more than this does, but is a bit more complicated to setup.

But they are getting around 0 for these, and the only extra thing is independent GPS (if you don’t have your phone or tablet), uploading to their site, and some nannyalasys software that says you were going too fast or used your brakes or accelerator too hard.

All the pieces are there, and a better OBD2 interface could be had for the difference in cost.

sdetweil
on: February 10, 2015 (GMT)

Is there a way to create a custom pid and SET its value from another PID algorithm?

want to make a rolling trip ticker from trip and an CPU recurring event (Diesel filter regen), which is only reset on vehicle start today.

but if you drive a couple hundred miles and have 2 of these events the current capability gets you to miles since the FIRST, not miles since the LAST

a custom pid currently does

cpu provided start (miles since last event) + current_trip

about 100 miles cum since last event another will occur
miles since last event will only be reset on vehicle start

so, instead of counting 1-105, then 1-112, then 1-108
(where I can save the min/max)
the current will count
1-…….326 (for example) missing the 2 in between

also really need the ability to detect the edge transition of an on/off value pid… going from on to off, should be used to set the last start point. (these events last 10-15 miles)

any ideas?

dano
on: February 10, 2015 (GMT)

How about a def (diesel exhaust fluid) miles till empty or even a 0-100% gauge? Most dashboards have a warning light when getting low so I would think it is a monitored parameter.

Torque is a SUPERB app Ian. Thank you again for your genius.

sfpcservice
Post Support for Chrysler J2610 SCI
on: February 11, 2015 (GMT)

Hello,

Below is the pinout for a 2005 Dodge Ram pickup DLC. Regular OBDii information is available from Pin 2 on the PCI Bus with J1850VPW. In addition to the regular OBDii stuff, all of the proprietary info is available on the SCI pins below. Torque doesn’t support this and I’m not even sure the ELM327 can physically do it, but if it is possible there would be a huge market for it. Some of the parameters you can monitor through SCI:

http://madselectronics.com/pids2005.html

The programmers that can monitor these PID’s are selling between Five Hundred to One Thousand Dollars. If there were a way for torque to do this, people would flock to it and you could even sell the “Dodge Plugin”.

DATA LINK CONNECTOR – BLACK 16 WAY
CAV
CIRCUIT
FUNCTION
1 – –
2 D25 20WT/VT PCI BUS
3 – –
4 Z11 18BK/LG GROUND
5 Z111 18BK/WT GROUND
6 – –
7 D21 18WT/BR (DIESEL) SCI TRANSMIT (ECM)
7 D21 18WT/BR (GAS) SCI TRANSMIT (PCM)
8 – –
9 D16 18WT/OR (EXCEPT SRT) SCI RECEIVE (TCM)
10 – –
11 – –
12 D20 20WT/LG (DIESEL) SCI RECEIVE (ECM)
12 D20 20WT/LG (GAS) SCI RECEIVE (PCM)
13 – –
14 – –
15 D15 18WT/DG (EXCEPT SRT) SCI TRANSMIT (TCM)
16 A114 18GY/RD FUSED B(+)

danividalg
Post Widgets for Torque Toggle Intent
on: February 12, 2015 (GMT)

Hi,

I have purchased your app long time ago and I have been using it without problems.

But now I really need to toggle Torque Widgets (as if the toggle widget has been clicked) with an intent or any other action that I can launch from tasker.
Even better, it could be great if there is an intent or somethink to enable and another one to disable (and optionally one for toggle).

It is very important because for some important reasons I need to leave the bluetooth enabled all the time and when my car is off (a Toyota Prius) the torque app tries to connect to the OBD adapter and read data (icon is in yellow, not in gray and not in green). This cause that afer some time in this “state”, when I power on my car, after some minutes the car begin to give errors and problems. Then I have to unplug the OBD adapter, turn off my car, and then turn on again. This is very annoying and I’m even worried that it may cause a problem to my car.

Please, please, please, could you say me the intent that I have to use (package, class, action, …) to toggle the Torque Widget?

Thanks and best regards :)

Frrrrrrunkis
on: February 15, 2015 (GMT)

Any chance of getting your torque app to be functional on the Appradio4 from Pioneer, much like dash command?

bluesubaru
on: February 20, 2015 (GMT)

Quote from Gigi45 on November 7, 2014
i would like to know if there is something in progress to ad more gauge type.

i’m looking for a dial with digital numbers and the highest and lowest value under in a smaller font ?
or how can i make it ?
Quote from Gigi45 on November 7, 2014

Yes, this is what I am looking for. Don’t need the needle taking up space. Coolant temp is a very slow changing value.

AstraAlly55
on: February 26, 2015 (GMT)

Great app bit kore help with pid as not a mech jus a hobby but would love some specific pid and the profile feul gaugevto work with cars. I have the plugins with few exceptions. But some vx and a bi turbo count as my no are too high be real. Cdti think it the type turbo and it drinos alot more desil got it adjusted to min 0.1 still drinknig bit much. But niggles just more pids and abilty to freeze frame at ecu of. Be nice see vefore comp out a not had comp linked yet may help also be nice to be able send few simple commands to boost efficencys=)

New astra driver old xr3i lover..

sac02
on: February 28, 2015 (GMT)

I would love to see two things, it seems both would be relatively easy to implement:

1. coast-down test (to determine aero (Cd) and rolling resistance), and
2. a button that will “mark” a spot in the log file (just a binary 0 or 1 that will mark a spot in the log file when you push the on scree button. Make it easier to find a spot in the log file – it can be hard to find the right single spot in a 20 minute file if you feel something and want to investigate when you get home)

Thanks

G_Loc
on: March 4, 2015 (GMT)

Please please please add in an option to make alarms dependent on whether or not your vehicle’s engine is running.

I’m tired of having my low oil pressure warning go off every single time I turn off my car.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.539 seconds.

Follow me on twitter