Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
Dick Frot
Post Re: Feature requests
on: January 21, 2014 (GMT)

Ian, could an additional push button display action be added to push a value to a pid ? Could be used for trip meter in vehicle profile (where I would want to push a zero value to [ff120c]), or to a user defined pid, where a value would be stored (I am thinking of individual push buttons to set current speed limit, each of which would set one user pid to various values 55, 70, etc) … the value to push could just be stored in an existing field of the display, like use the high warning value which currently can be set for a push button)

evolution42
on: January 26, 2014 (GMT)

Hi,

Thanks for developing such a great app. I’ve come up with a list of features which I’d really like to see in future versions of Torque:

1. Day/night theme switching based on time of day and/or light sensor value (e.g. entering a car park activates a night theme)

2. Ability to remove decimals in meter/half-meter dials (98 instead of 98.0)

3. Manual override of system screen brightness when using Torque (or boost the auto-brightness levels)

4. Ability to completely exit Torque when pressing home button (without it running in the background)

5. Ability to enable/disable the highest/lowest value text in half-meter mode

6. Remove screen indicator “dot” at the bottom of the screen when only 1 Torque screen is enabled.

Thanks!
evolution42

mojo73
on: January 29, 2014 (GMT)

Anything available to support 2012-current Ford Ranger (px in Australia) T6 internationally.. specifically transmission fluid temps?.

omeara4pheonix
on: January 30, 2014 (GMT)

Access to the ODBII PID “Fuel Level Input” 0x2F would be great. Then I would not have to manually enter my fuel level when I get gas.

cr08
on: February 1, 2014 (GMT)

I don’t know if it has been mentioned yet but one feature that came to mind would be nice is to have individual logging ‘what PIDs to log’ lists for each vehicle profile.

Example: I drive a Ford Focus and my mother has a Kia Sportage. Each has a set of their own custom PIDs and supported standard PIDs vary between them. If I am moving between them and wanting to log data, I have to manually edit the PID list each time. I COULD leave everything intact but it slows down the scans reading PIDs there’s no data for in the first place. Being able to trim that list for each vehicle to keep the scan rate as fast as possible would be awesome.

Capp777
on: February 1, 2014 (GMT)

Quote from cr08 on February 1, 2014
I don’t know if it has been mentioned yet but one feature that came to mind would be nice is to have individual logging ‘what PIDs to log’ lists for each vehicle profile.

Example: I drive a Ford Focus and my mother has a Kia Sportage. Each has a set of their own custom PIDs and supported standard PIDs vary between them. If I am moving between them and wanting to log data, I have to manually edit the PID list each time. I COULD leave everything intact but it slows down the scans reading PIDs there’s no data for in the first place. Being able to trim that list for each vehicle to keep the scan rate as fast as possible would be awesome.

End Quote.

Try creating separate profiles for each vehicle
then setting the use separate layout toggle in
the vehicle profile editor for each profile.

cr08
on: February 3, 2014 (GMT)

Sorry for the delay. Tried it and works a treat. Thanks a bunch. Saved a lot of headaches. :)

moreause
on: February 9, 2014 (GMT)

in the map view if i could change the max and min value of the color range

i’m not able yet to reproduce these map on my computer with the CSV value

Fisch
on: February 10, 2014 (GMT)

Hello everybody,

I have got a Feature request too.
I am using torque very often on different cars and it´s working really very well. My Honda CB550Four Super Sport build in 1975, was build without an OBD connector 😉 , but I am also using torque on it. It´s a nice dashboar with informations based on GPS, like speed, height, odo and trip.

two weeks ago I had some problems with the batterievoltage, because the weak alternater doesn´t like short trips thru the city driving with lights on. especially using a headlight with 55 watts. the bike was build in a time, nobody was driving with lights during the day, so the power of the alternator is just 150 watts at 12 volt.

now my Feature request:
It´s possible to check the supply voltage of the elm 327 adapter with elm 327 terminal. the command is “AT RV”.
In torque it´s also possible to have a look on the “OBD voltage” via realtime Information.
My Problem is, the data will be first shown, if the ecu is connected to torque. but there is no ecu on my Honda 😉 .
next to my gps data, it would be wunderfull to see the adapter voltage.

it would be great, if torque could show the adapter supply voltage, being not connected to an ecu.

nice evening, regards,

Fisch

Food for thoughts:
a blockbox connected to the electrical system of old cars or bikes, measering the frequency of the ignition and the voltage of some temperature or pressure sensors, to send the data to torque via the elm 327.

klbrown
on: February 11, 2014 (GMT)

Is there any way to get the gauges to auto align on the screen?

klbrown

georgk111
on: February 11, 2014 (GMT)

Quote from Fisch on February 10, 2014

It´s possible to check the supply voltage of the elm 327 adapter with elm 327 terminal. the command is “AT RV”.
In torque it´s also possible to have a look on the “OBD voltage” via realtime Information.
My Problem is, the data will be first shown, if the ecu is connected to torque. but there is no ecu on my Honda 😉 .
next to my gps data, it would be wunderfull to see the adapter voltage.

it would be great, if torque could show the adapter supply voltage, being not connected to an ecu.

Same Request from me: vehicle without ECU, ODB2 adapter could read its supply voltage, torque could display and recalculate it, but does not because there is no ECU. Perhaps some escape sequence to bypass waiting for ECU and issuing the command ATRV from within torque like a pid!

mfg
George

Driving since 2 years an electric vehicle (REVAi, made in India). Alas it has no OBD2 bus. New car Opel Ampera with OBD2.

stuartmp
on: February 13, 2014 (GMT)

Hi All,

“conditional alarms or alarms with logic”

I was wondering if we could give the user the ability to create conditional alarms or alarms with logic.
Just like I was talking to you last time we spoke.

For example. Lets take fuel pressure. My standard fuel pressure is about 1700 psi but at idle it 350psi so I would like to add a alarm based on engine RPM…

Something like… if fuel pressure is less than or equal to 1550psi and RPM is greater than 1000 rpm then raise an alarm.

or better still
create an alarm that will trigger if my fuel pressure drops below 800psi and on RPM is greater than 3000 and engine load is greater that 1.5

stuartmp

Hi All,

“Alarms enable / disable”

I use your Torque app all the time and I think its awesome.

One of the things I think you could add that would improve the user experience is.

In your alarm area, it would be good if we had a option to enable and disable alarms.

This would save the user time.

The user would not need to keep setting them up from scratch.
They could then enable or disable them when they need to use the alarm.

stuartmp

Hi All,

“Logging groups”

One of the things I think you could add that would improve the user experience is.

In your data logging area, it would be good if we had a option to save a data logging parameter set as a group with a user defined name.

This would save the user time.

The user would not need to keep adding and removing parameters that they may wish to log.

I like to only log a minimum amount of parameters to increase the logging accuracy of my data file

The user could then easily switch between logging groups / enable or disable PIDs within each group.

This would save so much time.

faheygf87
on: March 4, 2014 (GMT)

Is it possible to, while creating a theme, set the text color/dial needle length/font size/etc individually based on pid?

Secondly, would it be possible to have the dial curve around an arch rather then a perfect circle?(Lexus LFA side gauges for references)

kjg912
on: March 5, 2014 (GMT)

Any chance for Torque working on a iPhone or iPad yet with Bluetooth? Any other viable options for connecting torque to my iPhone (what kind of cable works best?) Thanks, KJG

wacado
on: March 11, 2014 (GMT)

FEATURE REQUEST: Can you PLEASE add a ROUND gauge with digital inside? I like having round gauges (versus square) but like my temps and AFR in digital form). It could be as easy as copying the round gauge and removing everything except the title and digital value…or you can I’m sure do way better than that. :)

SteamRollin
on: March 26, 2014 (GMT)

How about a feature that will turn the phone/tablet into a reverse camera screen? It would engage when you put the vehicle in reverse, which Torque can already recognize. The real trick would be getting an aftermarket rear camera to connect to everything. IDK, just a thought, the Edge Insight CTS is able to do it, but its not BT either.

Peilg
on: March 26, 2014 (GMT)

Hi!

I purchased torque with the purpose of checking IUmPR (mode InfoType for SI engine). but the function isn’t implemented in this app!

I would really happy if you support this service!

Thank you.

Corym92
on: March 27, 2014 (GMT)

Love the app but would it be possible to set up a maintenance checklist to where it keeps up with the miles on your car and the app gives you notifications when to do an oil change, tire rotation, spark plugs,etc. Also if possible make a plug-in capable of a computer tuner for better performance or better gas mileage, kind of like “tsx” tuner app but better and for more cars than Ford and gm.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.287 seconds.

Follow me on twitter