Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
leksandy
Post Re: Feature requests
on: June 27, 2012 (GMT)

Hello! Add please the KWP2000 protocol for Opel! Doesn’t read an error of Opel Astra G of 2000.

adrenalinas
on: July 2, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!
Very great app… :)
Have one request. Can you put fuel option for LPG(Liquefied petroleum gas):propane/butane – 50/50 AFR = 15.6-15.8?
now there is only CNG at the moment.

OR maybe you can add window for custom AFR? User could enter AFR by himself and save under custom name. If I understood correctly AFR does matter for MPG calculation.

rfmuller
on: July 3, 2012 (GMT)

Hello, I read that you are working on VW’s proprietary protocol, and want to know if we will be able to perform settings like the one explained in this post, where you can set the car to tell you when you are loosing air pressure on the tires Tire Pressure Monitor System).

Best regards

http://volkswagenownersclub.com/vw/showthread.php/23875-Want-to-retrofit-TPMS-but-don-t-want-to-spend-a-dime

nexus665

Hi,

I’d like to request supporting a new Adapter (since I’m guessing you’re working on KWP2000, but probably not KW1281 for VAG compatibility) that does all the KWP2000/KW1281 interpreting for you, also, I may have some relevant protocol info for you (though it’s in german, it’s relatively well-documented).

Docs
http://www.blafusel.de/obd/obd2_kw1281.html
http://www.blafusel.de/obd/vag_kw2000.html

Adapter
http://www.blafusel.de/obd/wbh_bt4.html

AT-command docs
http://www.blafusel.de/obd/files/whh-diag-pro_datenblatt_2.pdf

It’s a bluetooth adapter that works with all VAG cars that are not supported by Torque up to now (mainly older ones).

Works via modem-style commands, not unlike the ELM327, from what I saw in a quick scan of the docs, so I’d hope it’s not too much work to support it.

Basically, it works like so:

ATD01 // "Dial" the ECU, ATDxx connects to each device in turn, after which it echoes the device info on connect
0804 // 08 -> Request data 04-> from block 04
all data from this block is echoed in Hex

If you’d like, I can translate the protocol description and other docs to english for you to make things easier (I’m sure I can do a better job than Google Translate, anyway ;))

Kind regards,
Simon.

P.S.: I’m not affiliated with the people selling the adapter, just bought one 😉

jsalassi22

Trip Computer Enhancements
– Provide the user with the option of when to reset the trip computer. This way, when i step out for a tank of gas or something beyond 10 minutes, the trip is not reset.

– Do not reset the trip computer when the app is restarted. Like many others i have a dedicated device that runs torque in my car. When the power is not available the application is shutdown to minimize battery loss. It would be nice if i could restart the app and still have my latest trip information available for use when i continue driving.

– allow for the creation of custom trip counters to help measure distances. This can be useful for measuring legs of trips and also mileage related maintenance activities EG: oil change every 5k miles or tire pressure check at ever 10k miles. These values can be user defined with reminders for each.

PD24
on: July 4, 2012 (GMT)

It would be really good to use google maps to plot a journey and then on the 2nd same journey, be able to display data such as mpg and throttle position. Like a time trial but for hypermilers so they can improve.

You could plot a longitude and latitude every some often. Then on the 2nd journey you show the mpg or throttle position or even fuel used from the previous journey.

This information then gets logged as ‘journeys’.

if the google map idea is too complex, even if it logged the positions in a journey and then told you your previous value that would be awesome!

Nex
on: July 6, 2012 (GMT)

First off, this is an awesome app Ian, many thanks!
I am looking forward to you releasing the VW’s proprietary protocol as it is missing a few stored fault codes on my Mk4 Golf V6 4motion as well as one or two sensors, so once its got the VW’s protocols it should be spot on :) Worth every penny!

Keebortz
on: July 10, 2012 (GMT)

I love the app and I am still learning to use it. If I were to ask for anything new right nos it would be very simple.

Larger Dials, Graphs etc for 10.1 Tablets.

Thanks

celblazer
on: July 10, 2012 (GMT)

It would be nice if the fault code log sent via email included the time and date of the fault code in the email.

Thanks,
Bernie

09 HHR SS, 06 Jetta GLI, 01 Sebring, 89 Shelby, 65 Mustang, Droid D2 R2-D2 edition, Nook Color (cyanogen 2.3)

ddiehl
on: July 11, 2012 (GMT)

Would love the option of having the app shutdown on bluetooth disconnect..

Too many times I forget to exit the app, and kill my phones battery.

Thanks

pettros

Hello,

I am a new user of this great application (pro version) and I am very happy.
Before torque I used the garmin mechanic application also for android. Torque has much more option than garmin. The only thing I am missing is the trip summary option. In just one page there are all the trip data.

Is there such an option? So If not please if you could add this option in a future update.

Thank you!

These are some screen shots of the garmin’s trip summary:

Gasper

It would be great to combine different (custom) PIDs into one. For example consumption/power to find most efficient load and rpm. With a litle conversion of units one could calculate BSFC in real time

d1ck

Can you add a section to include co-efficient of drag and altitude into the HP calculations? This would do a lot to improve accuracy I believe. Alternatively, an option to use the OBD speed instead of GPS would be nice too.

The basic formulae needed are:
Pdrag = (1/2) * p * v^2 * Cd * Area
Where:
P = air density (depends on temp and elevation)
v = Velocity
Cd = Coefficient of drag
Area = Frontal area of vehicle

Palt = (m / 2) * (alt2 – alt1) / Delta t
Where:
m = mass of vehicle (total)
alt2 = Second measured altitude
alt1 = First measured altitude
Delta t = time between first and second measurement

You can simply add these on to the kinetic energy calculations which are probably being used now, and remove the approximation that you have in there for drag.

dave2012
on: July 12, 2012 (GMT)

Hello.
Since I guess it will be almost impossible to get a Diesel Particle Filter status, it would be awesome to get information similar to distance since last regeneration.
Can this be done ? Thanks and regards.
Dave

natna
on: July 13, 2012 (GMT)

very pleased with your app, I use it on mazda3 1.6 gasoline-lpg engine with a vgate adapter 1.4b
I’ve asked in the past for a better charting data logger with unlimited recording time and multiple pids. Nothing came
Track recorder is great but chart displays are missing.
People with lpg installed in their cars need a charting logger like obdkey has to offer. Simultaneously displaying and logging
Catalyst temp
Rpm
engine load
afr
short term fuel trim
long term fuel trim

If you add such a mode , call it LPG GAUGES, many more european drivers will buy your pro version…

csv exporting pids could be useful too…

wren20v
on: July 14, 2012 (GMT)

I was wondering if it would be possible to have two separate theme folders (perhaps themeDirDay & themeDirNight OR have a Day folder and Night folder inside themeDir) and have the ability to switch between them using 3 different methods:

1. Manual toggle in the settings or as one of the “Push Button” displays
2. Automatic switching based on specified times of day
3. Automatic switching using the phone’s/tablet’s light sensor – This would be great for daytime driving and entering tunnels, etc.

I ask because some themes that are easy to read in the day are too bright at night, even with the phone brightness turned down. Likewise, themes that look nice at night are often difficult to see & read during the day. Let me know what you think. Thanks for all of your hard work.

ssantac
on: July 18, 2012 (GMT)

Duramax injector rates would be nice to see. Also oil pressure.

rcolonie
on: July 18, 2012 (GMT)

I’d like to have a long rectangular bar display with more indicator marks along the length of it for things like rpm.

markb
on: July 20, 2012 (GMT)

Hi All,

Not sure if this has been asked before. Is it possible to have the power calculation units in Kilowatts?

martinpedra
on: July 20, 2012 (GMT)

Hi Ian,
Im a torque pro user, the software is excelent!!!
what do you think about an add-on to read real kilometers/milleage of the vehicle? is that possible?
It would be awesome!

Love this app

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.664 seconds.

Follow me on twitter