Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: Feature requests
piemmm
Administrator
Post Feature requests
on: April 25, 2011 (GMT)

Hi

Please email me at ian@prowl.org if you have a feature you’d like to see in the app, this way I get to see the feature and I have a record of it permanently in my email

(this thread will be periodically cleaned of posts)
(last cleaned 6th Jun, features noted and some implemented or coming soon in an update!) :)

Thanks!

Ian

ipaq_101
Post Re: Feature requests
on: June 7, 2012 (GMT)

Is it possible to get distance to empty in miles, currently there is one that is in km.

thygreyt
on: June 8, 2012 (GMT)

i have a VW jetta 2009.

torque so far works WONDERFULLY, and i love it. i use it almost EVERY day.

i also have vag com, and with torque i find myself using it less and less! 😀

anyways, the request has to do with the definition, i guess.

on vag com, they have a field for Engine Oil Temperature.
on toruqe however , such thing doesnt work.

My guess is: if Vag com can read it, why wouldnt torque?

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 8, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

@ipaq_101

Go into the app settings->units and change the units from km to miles there – you will then see the display in miles the next time it gets fresh data

@thygreyt

VW groups proprietary protocol isn’t OBD2 – it’s their own protocol, but they also implement OBD2. Torque should eventually be able to talk their protocol as well (it’s a work in progress at the moment). If you know the mode 21 / 22 PIDs for the OBD2 side of VW/Seat/Audi vehicles, then you can add the oil pid for it using the manage extra sensors PIDs (but if not, you’ll have to wait whilst I get vw’s proprietary protocol finished)

thygreyt
on: June 13, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from admin on June 8, 2012

@thygreyt

VW groups proprietary protocol isn’t OBD2 – it’s their own protocol, but they also implement OBD2. Torque should eventually be able to talk their protocol as well (it’s a work in progress at the moment). If you know the mode 21 / 22 PIDs for the OBD2 side of VW/Seat/Audi vehicles, then you can add the oil pid for it using the manage extra sensors PIDs (but if not, you’ll have to wait whilst I get vw’s proprietary protocol finished)

anything i can do to help? havin all 3 things (a vw with OBD, torque pro and vag com) should make things better, i’d think

also, i know from my friends (at least 10 of them, as much as 50-100) that they are all VERY interested on having the oil temp on torque! 😀

i’ll give them the link here so that they too can express their interest.

in fact, i would be more thank willing to donate twice the price of the app only for the oil temp… its that important! 😀

Hiej

Hi Ian,

what do you think about the possibility to set min and max value of the dial on the propeperties.txt file?

example;

# Boost Dial
dialStartAngle_ff1202=45
dialStopAngle_ff1202=45
maxvalue_ff1202=-30
minvalue_ff1202=20

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
2010 Mazda 2.2d – 185
OBDLink MX – SGS7

garymunson1950

Can parameters specific to the Chevy Volt’s electric operation be added? Thanks, Gary.

AGupta
on: June 15, 2012 (GMT)

Backup all Torque settings. If there is such provision already, I cannot find it. I have lost Torque settings at least twice because of resetting phone to factory defaults/rooting.

kollegga

I need a feature for acceleration time between 100-200 kph.
Would be nice!

wheeler

Hope to be given option of a custom alarm sound. The default one sounds too ‘harsh’ to me. LOL , I prefer gentle beeps.

jhample
on: June 16, 2012 (GMT)

It would be great if we could edit start/stop points in the app itself much like the min/max values. Sometimes its hard to judge without seeing it in the app

Almaz
on: June 16, 2012 (GMT)

Please add an option to keep GPS disabled.

25mike87
on: June 17, 2012 (GMT)

Subaru predefined pids!!!! plz It would rock

rook
on: June 19, 2012 (GMT)

DVR accident recorder mode, for the Track Recorder

Basically it would reuse the same file name for recording video, a 5 -10 -20 or 30 minute continuous loop. And automatically start recording when the vehicle was started.

Obviously for dedicated Torque devices.

I already have a DVR camera in my car, but it would be great to be able to have the overlay features such as speed and gps/accelerometer.

swopemike
on: June 19, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from admin on June 8, 2012
Hi!

@ipaq_101

Go into the app settings->units and change the units from km to miles there – you will then see the display in miles the next time it gets fresh data

@thygreyt

——————————————————-
@Piemmm, could you explain a bit more about your plan on how we would use the proprietary VW protocol in Torque ? Would it be like a plug-in that we purchase to work with torque that already has all the PID’s mapped so we read them like any other parameter in OBD-II using torque? Including fault codes as well as the analog or digital values? Also is this something you see being weeks away, months away, or next year or two ?

khsdrummer2001
on: June 20, 2012 (GMT)

Here’s my issue: I use my phone for my music player in my car. Since this head unit/Android phone combination can’t figure out how to play nice with each other, I mount it as a disk drive. Doing this will not let me store any information from Torque (Configuration, themes, generic information).

I would love for there to be a setting that could change where you wanted the information to be saved, whether on the internal memory or on the SD card.

Your app is killer, by the way.

GTMoraes

I see there is many fuel options on Torque, but I can’t find a E100 fuel (Ethanol). Here in Brazil, we’ve got the option to use either gasohol (E25 if I’m not wrong) or Ethanol (E100), at any proportion.

It would be nice if Torque detected which fuel/proportion is inside the tank (as the ECU already does this, using the lambda probe, if I’m not wrong), or even have a E100 option (as many people either use only E25 or only E100 around here).

On my car (Renault Clio 1.0 Flex), I only use E100, but I set Torque to E85, and I think I’m getting a little off on the gas mileage (10,5km/l city course on ethanol?)

prospektor

@ipaq_101

This might not be exactly true…

For some reason, many of my logs are metric despite explicitly selecting U.S. standards as soon as I installed the app.

Hiej
on: June 22, 2012 (GMT)

Hi,

It is possible to add 80-120 KPH measurement ?

2010 Mazda 2.2d – 185
OBDLink MX – SGS7

stevencrader
on: June 25, 2012 (GMT)

Lower other sounds when making verbal announcement.

It is difficult to hear the verbal announcements over background music.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.443 seconds.

Follow me on twitter