Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » csv log file empty - just header exists

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: csv log file empty - just header exists
aurispilot
Post csv log file empty - just header exists
on: July 13, 2015 (GMT)

hello,

I have activated everthing in the settings for logging in every case. then I check “start logging” but afterwards I can just find the Folder and the according .csv without values.

the Header contains the PIDs that i selected for logging, but nothing more happens!

what do I make wrong?

greets
Hannes

aurispilot
Post Re: csv log file empty - just header exists
on: July 15, 2015 (GMT)

Hello,

please can help me somebody? Logging seems to be no Problem at all, just to load it up and so on. but I dont have the data itself.

regards
hannes

aurispilot

-I mean, it seems to be no Problem for other people

Capp777

This thread should help…

http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=4531.0

aurispilot

I already read through this thread, but my Problem is not described.

as I said, People there just talk about Problems with the data themselves or conversion and upload issues.
but nobody has a Problem to make the log as such.

thanks anyway

aurispilot

in fear that i always ran too short the car while logging (few minutes), i now let it run for a full hour. but again the .csv is empty (~366 kB).

Capp777

I suggest you follow Frodus instructions
step by step. It should work as long as
no steps are skipped.

Also, are you using the latest version of
Torque Pro from Google Play?

ekim

Quote from aurispilot on July 15, 2015
in fear that i always ran too short the car while logging (few minutes), i now let it run for a full hour. but again the .csv is empty (~366 kB).

366kB does not sound empty. Are you able to open the .csv file in a text editor (notepad, wordpad, bi, emac, ms word, open office, etc)?

aurispilot
on: July 20, 2015 (GMT)

Quote from Ekim
366kB does not sound empty. Are you able to open the .csv file in a text editor (notepad, wordpad, bi, emac, ms word, open office, etc)?

I read it wrong, it is 366 BYTE not kB. (366kB would mean, that there is something). And yes, I opened them with Notepad++ and Excel.

Can it be, that Torque does not log, when it has no GPS Signal? Because I have not activated GPS, i did not Need a Location so far. But in the Header ther are longitude and latitude and GPS Speed.

aurispilot
on: July 23, 2015 (GMT)

@ cap777 – you where right, your link would have helped me, but I didnt read it carefully enough and took “torqueLogs” as “TripLogs”.

Thats 2 pair of shoes.
“torqueLogs” always logs values and reacts to the settings you set, and TripLogs just logs data, when it has an active GPS Signal. But the TripLogs also has all the PIDs selected in it – exept, it just logs when it hast GPS.
When you start with a GPS Signal and then drive into a Garage, it will stop saving the values.

sorry for putting the cat among the pigeons!

RustyShackleford
on: October 18, 2020 (GMT)

Quote from aurispilot on July 23, 2015
@ cap777 – you where right, your link would have helped me, but I didnt read it carefully enough and took “torqueLogs” as “TripLogs”.

Thats 2 pair of shoes.
“torqueLogs” always logs values and reacts to the settings you set, and TripLogs just logs data, when it has an active GPS Signal. But the TripLogs also has all the PIDs selected in it – exept, it just logs when it hast GPS.
When you start with a GPS Signal and then drive into a Garage, it will stop saving the values.

I looked at that thread, all instances of “torquelogs” (couldn’t find any of “triplogs”) but I’m still confused about what the difference, if any, is. The main difference I could tell is that the triplogs file had GPS info, even though I un-checked “automatically log GPS”. Could you expand on the above comment a little ?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.036 seconds.

Follow me on twitter