Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque Kills Engine When Pulling Fault Codes on a Powerstroke

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Torque Kills Engine When Pulling Fault Codes on a Powerstroke
DIMDave
Post Re: Torque Kills Engine When Pulling Fault Codes on a Powerstroke
on: March 29, 2016 (GMT)

My version has the F150 option, apparently in place of the manual input.
I ran the scan a few more times and noticed the fault light comes on as soon as the scan starts. …and it no longer reads MPH.
I’ll stop talking now.

2001 F250 PSD Texas

Capp777
on: March 29, 2016 (GMT)

In Torque Pro realtime dashboard…

Add a display… swipe to the end of
display type list then select pushbutton.
Next choose type of pushbutton – send
OBD command.

Once the pushbutton is created you can
long press the pushbutton to access its
submenu.

OBDII uses command… 03
to read DTCs. (The links in my previous
post above describe how this command
works.

A word of caution… sending wrong
commands can cause issues so its
important that you know what you are
doing as described in the links.

fordps
on: April 29, 2016 (GMT)

I’ve been thinking of getting a scanlink mx and torque pro but I also have a 7.3 PS. I’m not sure though if I am going to have this stalling issue. I’ve tried searching on the internet for more information on what years etc have this issue but haven’t come up with anything. Mine is 2002 F-250 built in Kentucky, it should be ODB2 compliant as California required this on all diesels by 1997. Anyone else with an 02 have this stalling issue?

Capp777
on: May 4, 2016 (GMT)

Has anyone tested the mode 03 by itself
for engine stalling?

piemmm
Administrator
on: May 4, 2016 (GMT)

Hi

If you can update to the latest version from Google Play, and re-enable the ‘F150’ option then it should be better (get further), though it may still trigger the bug slightly later (I have some ideas on this and have put them in ready for the next app update in the next couple of days (possibly wednesday if testing takes longer than I anticipate)

It seems your F250 was built at the same time in the same factory as the 150’s with the ECU bug, likely using the same firmware as well – I’ll have to update my notes on this in the app

nascenta
on: April 24, 2018 (GMT)

I know this is an old thread but this might help someone. I just acquired a 2002 e450 7.3L. I have obdscan mx and torque pro. When i first stuck the mx in I got nothing at all. I checked the fuses and there was no power going to circuit 23 which is the data link and cigarette lighter circuit. I stole power from a different circuit, used alligator clamps to add a fuse and put the power into circuit 23. The mx lit up. I started the truck and after a bit it would die. It would not start up either. I would take the mx out and it would start. I cleared all PID’s that I had added for other vehicles I own (you would think the PID’S would be attached to a particular profile but that isn’t the case). I also cleared the dashboard of all displays except rpm. Now the diesel shows rpms and doesn’t die. I added the text screen that shows all available data and that works too. I haven’t tried ford specific PID’s yet but intend too. Hope this helps.
The other settings used (don’t know if they are making any difference) :
Debugging on/checked
Allow full access to plugin is is off/not checked
Auto blue tooth on
Disable elm327 timing is on
Don’t calculate mpg is on
No extra PID’s

Take away… Don’t blame the mx.

Pages: 1 [2]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.037 seconds.

Follow me on twitter