Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Want to clear Nissan Micra EPS fault with Torque but...

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Want to clear Nissan Micra EPS fault with Torque but...
ALP
Post Want to clear Nissan Micra EPS fault with Torque but...
on: May 21, 2015 (GMT)

Hi,

I have that sticky EPS problem in my wife’s 2005 K12 Micra 1.2 Gasoline version.

What happens is, sometimes, like once in 2 months or so, during startup of he engine the EPS light turns on, the Electric power steering goes fully unfunctional, rendering the steering wheel as hard to turn as an ancient lorry.

What I used to do is I take the car to a service station, they delete the fault code (which is an intermittent signal from EPS sensor), and the EPS starts functioning again until the next occasion in a couple of months.

So I heard about Torque and to wireless cheaper OBD devices so I got one, and downloaded Torque free, hoping I would no more need to go to the service every 2-3 months.

Few days ago the same concern happened on the car, I was happy finally to be able to test my new equipment. The connection worked great, all the dials, engine reading etc show up on Torque screen in my smart phone. But when I checked for the fault code, it showed up none!

So I guess Torque does not read Electric Power Steering System faults?

I would appreciate if I could get some help on this. Is it physically possible to clear EPS fault using Torque and my ELM 327 adapter , which seem to communicate quite fine with the Micra. Do I just need the right software, or is there no way to access EPS system faults with this hardware.

The hardware I have is V-Gate iCar 3 ELM327, which I suppose is one of the better ones on ebay , and it seems to communicate well with Torque and the vehicle.

Kind regards

tordesillas
Post Re: Want to clear Nissan Micra EPS fault with Torque but...
on: June 18, 2018 (GMT)

Hi ALP,
three years later I read you post, because i have exactly the same problem. I feel identified with you when you said

What I used to do is I take the car to a service station, they delete the fault code (which is an intermittent signal from EPS sensor), and the EPS starts functioning again until the next occasion in a couple of months.

Becuase I’ve gone to the service station a dozen times… and I began to fed up.
I also bought an OBDII and, like you, it does not show up the PS problem.
Did you solve the problem in any way?
I’ll be very gratefully for your answer. Thanks a lot.

cintakc
Post Re: Want to clear Nissan Micra EPS fault with Torque but...
on: June 19, 2018 (GMT)

create a new profile for the EPS block
string of initialization
atsp6\natsh742\natcra762\natfcsh742\natfcsd300014\natfcsm1\n10c0
try to connect to the block EPS

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Follow me on twitter