Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » WiFi vs Mobile Data

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WiFi vs Mobile Data
HawgsFan
Post WiFi vs Mobile Data
on: April 24, 2015 (GMT)

I just bought a vGate OBD WiFi model. No problems plugging it in and establishing a connection to Torque on my OnePlus android phone running CM11. However, whenever, I am connected to vGate, I lose my mobile data connection. Does anyone have a workaround so I can have my cake and eat too? And yes, my first OBD adapter was a blue tooth and it totally screwed up my phone connection to the car. Thanx in advance
Bill

moreause
Post Re: WiFi vs Mobile Data
on: April 26, 2015 (GMT)

i don’t think it’s going to happen

it’s the draw back of wifi dongle

the phone think’s is connected to a wifi network so he act accordingly…it’s just that your wifi doesn’t have internet
oups

Sotolotl
on: July 2, 2017 (GMT)

Hey,
I’m battling with the same issue right now, did you ever find a work-around?

piemmm
Administrator
on: July 2, 2017 (GMT)

Hi!

Unfortunately this is a function of the phone settings – with a wifi adapter, most devices assume that the wifi connection is going to provide the internet as well (hence your internet then stops working)

This is something the manufacturer of the phone/tablet has setup – you may be able to root the device and change it so that data still goes through 3g (though this is somewhat overcomplicated to do), or the manufacturer may have hidden an option in then advanced wifi settings

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.032 seconds.

Follow me on twitter