Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Support for Android Auto

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Support for Android Auto
Screech
Post Support for Android Auto
on: April 2, 2015 (GMT)

With more cars supporting Android Auto and several aftermarket head units also entering the market does the Torque development team have any plans to add support for Android Auto for Torque Pro users?

I think it would a great feature to have the app cast more/or less as it is on the device to the in dash screen.

ScottinPollock
Post Re: Support for Android Auto
on: April 20, 2015 (GMT)

I too would like to know whether this is being looked at, or even possible given possible latency issues with Android Auto.

I would love to order a new Pioneer NEX unit, but no Torque support would be a deal breaker and I would most likely end up going with something like the AVIN Avant 2.

Please someone… throw us a bone.

michaelday
on: December 1, 2015 (GMT)

I am still waiting for a reply to this question. Android Auto support would seem like a natural for this app.

piemmm
Administrator
on: December 1, 2015 (GMT)

Hi!

Unfortunately the Google stipulated guidelines for this mean that it’s unlikely to happen at the present moment.

This is mainly because you’re not allowed to have ‘changing’ content on the screen (animated, etc, so that rules out moving dials).

Other aftermarket headunits running android already run Torque, and are not affected by the google limitation. You can install Torque on any of these units if you have one that lets you download from google play or the parrot asteroid market

Screech
on: April 27, 2016 (GMT)

That is sad. I’m still getting the new car, it’s at the port in Belgium, but I will not be replacing the Sync3 with an aftermarket unit anytime soon. I would suggest petitioning this use to Google. The app should be able to see that the car is running vs just on and restrict any interaction beyond swiping between preset gauge pages while vehicle running. I would be fine with a “Pro+” key upgrade for ~ to get AA support if funding needs to be carried by those interested in this.

unix4linux
on: September 8, 2016 (GMT)

I know this is old but those Google limitations are ridiculous. Are they not aware that Google Maps does animation transitions? How about when you get a new SMS notification? That pops up on your screen too.

With Torque on AA, you can just set alarms and not worry about looking at any gauges unless something serious is happening.

G8orFord
on: September 15, 2016 (GMT)

Wait, so no moving dials? Does that mean the existing instrument cluster will have to be disabled in an AA equipped auto too. If that is truly Google’s stance, they really need a rethink. I totally understand not allowing video and video type animations though.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.

Follow me on twitter