Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Renault Fault Codes

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Renault Fault Codes
CaGeN
Post Renault Fault Codes
on: April 9, 2011 (GMT)

Hello All,

Just a quick post. Firstly, great app/gadget, keep up the great work.

I’m based in the UK and just realised there are no fault codes for the Renault car manufacture.

I have a Renault Scenic 1.6 2000 using a Samsung Galaxy S I9000 and can see all the engine info come up within the app.

But apart from seeing all the info being displayed, and saving a little cash at the garage paying for diag tests. What other reason are you all using this app for?

Shark
Post Re: Renault Fault Codes
on: April 9, 2011 (GMT)

Like you said, seeing information about the ECU, clearing DTC.
But for me, I have a Corsa VXR, which is more powerful than a Scenic, so information like turbo boost, coolant temp., … are very important.

mattyj1085
on: April 19, 2011 (GMT)

Quote from Shark on April 9, 2011
Like you said, seeing information about the ECU, clearing DTC.
But for me, I have a Corsa VXR, which is more powerful than a Scenic, so information like turbo boost, coolant temp., … are very important.

Hi Shark,

I’ve just bought the app and a dongle for my Corsa VXR i’ve been for a test in the car but can’t seem to get the BHP data working properly as its only showing 157bhp and im at stage 2 map which should be around 230bhp does this work for you?

Nightrider
on: November 29, 2012 (GMT)

Hi CaGeN, my responses are embeded in between the lines of your original post.

I’m based in the UK and just realised there are no fault codes for the Renault car manufacture.

Do you mean in your specific car or in general? It is indeed well known that Renault try to circumvent ECU access by anything but their own diagnosis system…

I have a Renault Scenic 1.6 2000 using a Samsung Galaxy S I9000 and can see all the engine info come up within the app.

It’s good to hear that someone has managed to connect to a relatively old Renault ECU, 2000 in your case (BTW, what OBD interface are you using?). What interests me is whether your OBD dongle + Torque can read pre-2000 made Renaults (mine is a 1997 Megane), do you have access to such vehicles in your area?

But apart from seeing all the info being displayed, and saving a little cash at the garage paying for diag tests. What other reason are you all using this app for?

What I use OBD scanners for is preventative monitoring and maintenance because sometimes small problems that aren’t taken care of in time end up with BIG problems and expenses or at least cause more wear and gas consumption. Also, I’d like to be able to read DTC and data from the the auto-transmission ECU since this is important to maintain and prevent premature failure in this expensive to repair subsystem, but as yet have failed with 4 professional scanners and made it only with the (pretty expensive) Renault in-house diagnostic tool (Renault CAN CLIP).
If you have more/new info on Renault compatibility , I’d be happy to hear.
Cheers!

ptityam
on: October 7, 2017 (GMT)

Hi all, i’ve just got my dongle and Torque software.
Works well on my Renault (MATRA) ESPACE III 2L 16 S essence 2002.
But despite i’ve got errors in the past, no error listed !

No user manuel ? I don’t understand how to reset warnings after oil change or other…

Retired

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.04 seconds.

Follow me on twitter