Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Custom PIDs and diagnostic start command

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Custom PIDs and diagnostic start command
Hiej
Post Custom PIDs and diagnostic start command
on: November 14, 2014 (GMT)

I think there’s an issue on Custom PIDs editor:

I have a set a custom PIDs that doesn’t need to specify a disgnostic start command to work.

I’ve create a new PID that’s need to specify a Diagnostic start command (command STP53 to enable te reading of cabin temperature).

The problem is that on all other pre-existing custom PIDs, now diagnostic start command is set to STP53.

So it’s seems that creating a new custom PID with diagnostic start command, the value of diagnostic start command is added to all other custom PIDs.

(I had to edit one by one all the PIDs to fix this)

Is that a bug?

Additional Info: this issue happens only when custom PID is created. If I create the custom pid that needs a specific start command but if I save it without to set start command field, and then I reopen it for edit specifying the start command and save the modifications there’s no issues, all other pids setting are preserved.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
2010 Mazda 2.2d – 185
OBDLink MX – SGS7
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

Automate
Post Re: Custom PIDs and diagnostic start command
on: May 22, 2016 (GMT)

It does not look as though this bug was ever fixed.

Also, it would be nice if the Diagnostic Start Commands and Diagnostic Stop Commands could be import from a CSV file like all the other extra PID values.

When I go to add Diagnostic Start/Stop Commands to one PID, Torque Pro ends up adding it to all the extra PIDs. Sometimes I can edit them and get all the PIDs set up right and working but then I exit Torque Pro and come back in and they are messed up again.

Automate
on: June 16, 2016 (GMT)

Bump

piemmm
Administrator

Hi I’ll look into this today.

Can you make sure you’re using the latest Pro version as this may have been fixed some time ago

Automate

Thanks for looking into this. Yes I have version 1.8.92

-vincent

I confirm I also have the same issue on the latest version

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 17, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

Confirmed as a bug – managed to reproduce it this morning – looks like a save issue, will get it fixed in the next update (Monday/Tuesday)

Edit: Just fixed it – you’ll need to set the command again, on the PID you need and then it’ll work properly.

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 17, 2016 (GMT)

You’ll also get the CSV file ability as well in the update (2 extra fields at the end of each line, for start and stop diagnostic commands)

Automate
on: June 25, 2016 (GMT)

Thanks for fixing this. I can now switch between HSCAN and MSCAN bus module PIDs with the OBDLink MX using the Start and Stop commands https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=7212.00

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.041 seconds.

Follow me on twitter