Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » License Verification

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: License Verification
ryrager
Post Re: License Verification
on: December 4, 2014 (GMT)

Quote from admin on October 21, 2014
Hi!

I’ve spoken to google support (their new support system rocks!) – it’s been confirmed as a problem at their end which they’re investigating and that it only affects a few people (not everyone) unlucky enough to use whatever bit is broken

They’re usually pretty good at fixing things once they’ve been told about it – I’ve supplied them information on people that have an issue to help their people find what’s going on.

Unfortunately there’s little I can do at my end, though I’ll post here when they give me some more information (hopefully the notification that they’ve fixed it)

The license servers and license itself is good for a year if there’s no contact with the google servers for that amount of time (so you can have an offline device once it’s been registered), and the timeouts/retries are very very relaxes for it. Unfortunately in this instance however there’s a rogue response being sent back specifically saying that the app isn’t registered to the user from the google server that’s having issues.

I’d encourage anyone else having the issue to also contact their support with details of the problem (they can then pass your google account id to their engineers which will help them find and fix things)

Hi There any more info around this issue?

PioneerGuy
on: December 7, 2014 (GMT)

Add another one to the list, Im willing to bet as more of use the app .. this is going to show up. I actually redid my phone (had a nasty crash) and just reinstall things and wanted to reset up my stuff and before I can even do anything it screams cant find my license verification and closes. Like the others I have proof of purchase and it even says “purchased” in the Google Play store.

oldsalt
on: December 7, 2014 (GMT)

Surely this problem has been around long enough for someone to fix it!!

The developer blames google and when I phone google they say it’s the developer?

What I do know as be being fact, I can’t bloody use it and I am fed up!

edit. just phoned google again. they know nothing about this and don’t believe there is a problem at their end.

HANG ON, the guy has just told me that my Full android head unit with 4.2 is not supported. He said that none of the chinese makers of the units submit their android verations to google for approval??

This is a link to my unit.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Android-4-2-car-dvd-gps-for-Mitsubishi-outlander-lancer-asx-2012-2013-2014-radio/1941451274.html

Do you other guys that have trouble, have a chinese unit by any chance?

It’s weird, as they told another forum member it was a rogue server.

The developer should sort this out urgently as I for one would like to know the truth?

ryrager
on: December 8, 2014 (GMT)

So frustrating, I wish Ian would at least acknowledge this as an issue and offer some way to get round this.

ryrager
on: December 9, 2014 (GMT)

*BUMP*

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

I’m still looking into this with google unfortunately (it’s not an app issue, rather googles servers for some reason not validating the license for a couple of people)

I’ve been in contact with their support team, but it’s been a month and I’m getting nowhere so will have to try some more things at my end to try to work around it (google have acknowledged that there’s an issue their side, but need ‘adb bugreport’ style information from users devices to work out what’s going on)

Apologies for not being online again as much as I should have been due to a couple of non-app things happening! I’m going to try to get this resolved by the end of the week for people

For those of you that have this issue (on this thread) can you tell me what is the oldest device that you have Torque installed on (the oldest android version you currently use it on) as well as the version of android that you are having issues on – this will help me decide how to approach the workaround

piemmm
Administrator

Update:

I’ve made a couple of changes to the google console in the way the app is published.

Can you uninstall and reinstall in a couple of hours (those of you that are having issues) and let me know if things start working (if it does start working for you then I will know where the issue is in the developer console on google play and can avoid it in future – this is an educated hunch at the moment as to what the issue is and what it’s caused by)

ryrager
on: December 12, 2014 (GMT)

Brilliant … thanks will try shortly and respond

ryrager
on: December 12, 2014 (GMT)

Well unfortunately the issue Still exists. :(

Android 4.2.2, AN-21U Android headunit.

Other apps work fine without data connect.

ryrager
on: December 15, 2014 (GMT)

Will test on another device.

However I think it is something with my account. Is there a limit to the number of devices it might be active on. Because I am constantly playing with new ROM’s etc?

ryrager
on: December 18, 2014 (GMT)

Can someone tell me who to call so I can lodge a complaint about this with Google?

Thanks

ryrager
on: December 22, 2014 (GMT)

Was there anything in the latest release to sort out my license problem?

ryrager
on: December 27, 2014 (GMT)

* Bump *

piemmm
Administrator
on: December 27, 2014 (GMT)

Hi

Can you send me your google order number (to ian@prowl.org) – this is the order confirmation that you received when you purchased the app (I can then cancel&refund the order as I suspect the order is ‘broken’ for some reason on googles system)

The update ruled out any code changes on my side that it could have been, therefore the issue is firmly on googles side (which there is an ongoing ticket with)

The headunit will require a data connection for the initial licence verification with google servers (you need it to download the app from Google PLay anyway so this shouldn’t be an issue). Once it’s verified, it’s then good for over a year before it needs to check with googles servers again (pretty relaxed).

There’s no per-device limit on the app – you can install it on as many devices as you want using your google play account

Edit/Update: I have released an update to workaround the issue now for affected users whilst I find out what is going on with my bug ticket with google. Users who had the issue should now be able to use the app

ryrager
on: December 28, 2014 (GMT)

I can’t find the order number, but I have requested a refund.

Thanks

Ryan

ryrager
on: December 30, 2014 (GMT)

Not sure what happened but I installed the update today (27 Dec) and it solved my problem, I did however request a refund and stated why… now its working perfectly.

Thanks for the help.

bikerdave
on: April 5, 2016 (GMT)

Hi Ian
I have the same issue. Have sent email as below:

I installed a couple of years ago now your wonderful app which has worked fine till now. I am running it on a Samsung tablet (4.2.2) and can still access the app but it drops out stating the licence issue. I have visited the forum an seen it was an issue that now should be resolved. The issue for me seems to be that my app manager shows the version at 1.8.38 and the latest web version is 1.8.81. I can’t update manually as when i go to my google account it doesn’t show it as downloaded even though it shows in app manager! I don’t won’t to uninstall as I will have to pay again.

Can you help please

piemmm
Administrator
on: April 6, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

If you’re installed from Google Play then it should always be available on the Google Account you originally purchased with

Check that you are logged into the Google Play account that originally purchased Torque – the app will be associated with that account forever so if you are logged into that account you should be able to download it (and any updates in the future)

Generally, if the license prompt is popping up then it means that Google Play wasn’t able to verify the app license, and the most common reason for that is that it’s logged into the wrong Google Account

bikerdave
on: April 6, 2016 (GMT)

Hi Ian, thanks for quick reply. I have checked all accounts (3) but none show torque and I think the reason is this. When I originally set up the tablet google allowed you to use a non google account email to work with the google play store and this is how I set it up. When google stopped you doing this I activated a google account email / account to allow continued access which has worked ok until this!! To me this also explains why the torque app is still at a previous dated revision as it hasn’t been able to update but worked OK until the 365 days has expired. I can’t see a workaround for this however android is not my ‘first’ language so perhaps your far greater expertise can point me in the right direction or do I have to re buy?

Many thanks
dave

piemmm
Administrator
on: April 7, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

That’s probably why it’s not working then if none of the accounts have Torque applied to them

Best thing to do at this point is raise a support ticket with google play support directly – tell them your old account (which had the purchases logged against it) and if you have the purchase emails include those as well – they should be able to take the app (and all your other android apps) from there and transfer them to your new account, or at the very least tell you how to get access to them

Pages: 1 [2] 3
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.055 seconds.

Follow me on twitter