Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » MPG averages reset.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MPG averages reset.
replica9000
Post MPG averages reset.
on: October 9, 2014 (GMT)

I’m using the “Enhanced MPG calculation” for my average MPGs. Seems to be decently accurate from what I can tell. However, every time I start the vehicle, it resets. Sometimes back to 0.0 or a random number lower than the last trip. Any way to stop this from happening?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: MPG averages reset.
on: October 9, 2014 (GMT)

Hi!

Go into the data logging options and turn on ‘ignore short gaps between trips’ (this will stop torque resetting some displays when you disconnect form the ECU as it would otherwise treat it as a new driving session)

replica9000
on: October 10, 2014 (GMT)

Thank You.

replica9000
on: October 13, 2014 (GMT)

With that option checked, it doesn’t reset. However sometimes the number will drop a couple mpgs, or sometimes up a little, when connecting to the ECU. Seems to happen when I’ve made a long enough drive to improve the mpgs by a few. Often seems to revert back to the last reading before disconnecting from the ECU.

piemmm
Administrator
on: October 13, 2014 (GMT)

Hi!

This may be the case if the gap between trips(connecting to the ECU) is greater than 10 minutes, though if you’re using the latest version it should always remember the MPG reading regardless, even between quits and restart of the app (the only thing that will potentially break this is if the app is forced quit by something like a task killer)

I’ll write a couple of unit tests to see if I can reproduce the issue, though the MPG shouldn’t be ‘forgotten’ or reverted between trips as it’s saved away as part of the vehicle profile

There are several MPG displays which behave differnetly (Instantaneous, Trip (which resets with each trip), and the long-term MPG display (which is remembered through app restarts)

Which MPG type display are you using?

replica9000
on: October 17, 2014 (GMT)

I’m using the long term MPG display. I’ve even checked the options “Only when OBD connected”, “Update ‘Trip Distance’ only when connected to the ECU” and “Do not use GPS for distance calculations. I’m on the latest version of Torque Pro.

I wanted to add that I’m not using any apps to control Torque. I leave Torque running and let it sleep when the power is off. When it wakes up, the MPG number is as it was before it went to sleep. It’s as soon as I move is when it reverts to a lower number.

randiye
on: December 8, 2017 (GMT)

Quote from admin on October 13, 2014
Hi!

This may be the case if the gap between trips(connecting to the ECU) is greater than 10 minutes, though if you’re using the latest version it should always remember the MPG reading regardless, even between quits and restart of the app (the only thing that will potentially break this is if the app is forced quit by something like a task killer)

I’ll write a couple of unit tests to see if I can reproduce the issue, though the MPG shouldn’t be ‘forgotten’ or reverted between trips as it’s saved away as part of the vehicle profile

There are several MPG displays which behave differnetly (Instantaneous, Trip (which resets with each trip), and the long-term MPG display (which is remembered through app restarts)

Which MPG type display are you using?

I get the same bug as well. The average mpg keeps reverting to 14.4 mpg each time I start my car

randiye
on: December 8, 2017 (GMT)

Quote from replica9000 on October 17, 2014
I’m using the long term MPG display. I’ve even checked the options “Only when OBD connected”, “Update ‘Trip Distance’ only when connected to the ECU” and “Do not use GPS for distance calculations. I’m on the latest version of Torque Pro.

I wanted to add that I’m not using any apps to control Torque. I leave Torque running and let it sleep when the power is off. When it wakes up, the MPG number is as it was before it went to sleep. It’s as soon as I move is when it reverts to a lower number.

I get the same thing too. It reverts to a lower number once I start moving my car. Did you figure out a way to fix this?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.035 seconds.

Follow me on twitter