Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » 98 Jeep ZJ

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 98 Jeep ZJ
purple_jeep
Post 98 Jeep ZJ
on: October 1, 2014 (GMT)

Hi All,

New user of Torque on a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L using the scantool.net OBDLink LX Bluetooth Scan Tool. I have a few quick questions:

1.) When I download my trip from the web viewer the session and time column look very strange what are the units for time?

2.) I can not get any of the Jeep transmission temp readouts to showup is this because I have the LX and not the MX?

3.) Is there anyway to connect external sensors to Torque for display and datalogging?

If no to number 3 I was planning on building a AFR meter using the Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor and their driver chip + arduino or similar for logging. I could also use a Bluetooth shield to transmit the data but can Torque be configured to read information from another Bluetooth source using the plugin system? Or would that require a code change to the main app?

I was thinking it would be neat to have two tabs on the list of parameters for display/ logging, first tab OBD/phone sourced, second tab externally sourced. Could even make the device into a standard unit with the ability to add different kinds of sensors (temperature, pressure etc) for things not available over OBDII.

If Ian wants to specify a Bluetooth communication protocol to follow that can be easily done.

Thoughts/Comments?

Cheers

Chris

purple_jeep
Post Re: 98 Jeep ZJ
on: October 7, 2014 (GMT)

Anyone?

Capp777
on: October 7, 2014 (GMT)

Quote from purple_jeep on October 1, 2014
Hi All,

New user of Torque on a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L using the scantool.net OBDLink LX Bluetooth Scan Tool. I have a few quick questions:

1.) When I download my trip from the web viewer the session and time column look very strange what are the units for time?

2.) I can not get any of the Jeep transmission temp readouts to showup is this because I have the LX and not the MX?

3.) Is there anyway to connect external sensors to Torque for display and datalogging?

If no to number 3 I was planning on building a AFR meter using the Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor and their driver chip + arduino or similar for logging. I could also use a Bluetooth shield to transmit the data but can Torque be configured to read information from another Bluetooth source using the plugin system? Or would that require a code change to the main app?

I was thinking it would be neat to have two tabs on the list of parameters for display/ logging, first tab OBD/phone sourced, second tab externally sourced. Could even make the device into a standard unit with the ability to add different kinds of sensors (temperature, pressure etc) for things not available over OBDII.

If Ian wants to specify a Bluetooth communication protocol to follow that can be easily done.

Thoughts/Comments?

Cheers

Chris

End Quote.

1. ?

2. To my knowledge a pid for early Jeep TFT
has not been found yet.

3. PLX has a system for adding external sensors
using its adapter to talk thru OBDII. Ian was working
on getting Torque to support this hardware.

http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=5015.0

ZJ Max
on: September 22, 2018 (GMT)

Any ZJ guys find the PID for Transmission Temp yet?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.083 seconds.

Follow me on twitter