Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » LS1 Oil Pressure PID

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LS1 Oil Pressure PID
jollyfarmer
Post LS1 Oil Pressure PID
on: April 3, 2011 (GMT)

Has anyone found a working PID for GM Oil Pressure yet?
I have been looking through forums for the past month and have tries several different ones but they dont seem to work.
I can get all other gauges to work as needed but oil pressure.
Im running it in a race car on a touch tablet setup and dont realy want to install a gauge just for oil pressure.

Cheers

badta00
Post Re: LS1 Oil Pressure PID
on: April 4, 2011 (GMT)

Do you have an F-body PCM?
The F-Body PCM does not provide an oil pressure PID value. The PCM software reports that the oil pressure PID is supported, however the PCM does not provide oil pressure data for that PID. The oil pressure is sent directly to the instrument gauge.

The Y body(Corvette) oil pressure PID does report oil pressure.

The GM-H(G-8) Commodore oil pressure PID does report oil pressure.

jollyfarmer
on: April 4, 2011 (GMT)

Its not a F body pcm, I have had another set of after market gauges connected to the same OBDII port and they are programed and do read oil pressure and when I get the vehicle dyno tuned they are able to read the oil pressure from the pcm.

jollyfarmer
on: April 6, 2011 (GMT)

Anyone else had any luck with oil presure on a non F body ecm??

blistovmhz
on: July 8, 2015 (GMT)

Quote from badta00 on April 4, 2011
Do you have an F-body PCM?
The F-Body PCM does not provide an oil pressure PID value. The PCM software reports that the oil pressure PID is supported, however the PCM does not provide oil pressure data for that PID. The oil pressure is sent directly to the instrument gauge.

The Y body(Corvette) oil pressure PID does report oil pressure.

The GM-H(G-8) Commodore oil pressure PID does report oil pressure.

I can’t say I’m absolutely positive that this isn’t true, but I can say with certainty, that almost all tuners are able to read the Oil Pressure on my 05 LM7 (5.3) with no problem, and that the tuner claims this is an OBD PID. What the PID is, I’ve no idea because tuners are assholes and refuse to share any info. But, DiabloSport definitely knows the PID and formula, FYI. It’s just waiting to be found and released publicly.

Ws6togo
on: March 22, 2019 (GMT)

Has anyone found a way for the oil pressure to work within the Torque app? I have a 2000 WS6 with bolt-ons and really would like to know the oil pressure. Can’t imagine that such an important PID like oil pressure work by now.

moreause
on: March 24, 2019 (GMT)

oil pressure is important but not much car had sensor back then

they just had a on off switch

since the only thing you could do with it … is put the value in gage that 99% of people don’t look …

Now with variable cam shaft and other stuff pressure is more important to the process so you may find a sensor

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.

Follow me on twitter