Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » What to do now...

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What to do now...
Mike
Post What to do now...
on: June 23, 2014 (GMT)

Hey everyone, looking for some advice on which direction to take this. I don’t want to end up spending more money on something that doesn’t work right…

Here’s what I want to do:
Use Torque Pro connected to my Jeep, on my Xoom wifi tablet.

Here’s what I currently have:
ELM327
Torque Pro
Motorola Xoom Wifi, running Android ICS 4.0.3
Google Nexus 4 Smartphone, running Android 4.4.3

Here’s what’s currently happening:
1) Torque Pro runs on Nexus 4 just fine in my Jeep and my Hyundai. Live data streams with no issues.
2)Torque Pro does not connect to ELM327 when running on my Xoom tablet. Xoom recognizes the OBD adapter is out there, but can’t connect. Bluetooth seems to be turning on and off constantly while Torque Pro is running (every 10 seconds or so). If I close Torque Pro, the Bluetooth seems to stay “On” on the tablet.

Is the problem with the ELM327 Adapter?
Is the problem with the Xoom Tablet?
Will the wired adapter “OBDLink SX” work with my non-rooted, GEN1, Motorola Xoom wifi?
Should I get a different Bluetooth adapter?

Using Torque mainly to view, monitor, and troubleshoot
PCM data from my Jeep wrangler.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: What to do now...
on: June 23, 2014 (GMT)

Hi!

Double check that you’ve selected the correct adapter in the bluetooth settings (and are using the latest version of Torque Pro from Google Play)

The behaviour is something that happens if you select a bluetooth device that isn’t an ELM327 (or something else is already connected to the ELM327). The adapters only work with one bluetooth connection at a time, so if another device like the nexus 4 is connecting to it, it’s going to cause problems for the Xoom.

First, check that you have the correct device selected though. It can be chosen in the main OBD2 adapter settings (or the vehicle profile if you have over-ridden it there)

Mike
on: June 24, 2014 (GMT)

Thanks.
Yes, I checked that the adapter is selected in…
Settings>OBD Adapter settings>Choose Bluetooth Device>OBDII [00:0D:18:00:00:01]

The adapter is either selected, or not even visible in the list. Which makes me think the issue is more related to recognizing the adapter all together.

I don’t get a “pair” request on the Xoom, the same way I get it on the Nexus. (Opening Torque Pro, and a request is almost instantly brought to the android dashboard thing.)

I thought of the possibility that the ELM327 could only connect to one device at a time, so I turned Bluetooth off on my phone, while messing around with the Xoom. I also initially started trying to pair the Xoom before ever turning on Bluetooth on the Nexus. I only got it running on the Nexus to help troubleshoot.

Typhoon

I am experiencing an issue similar to what Mike is describing, but on my Nexus 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0. Torque connects to the OBD II device dongle for like 10 seconds or so, then starts searching for protocols and then suddenly loses connection to the dongle and starts to reconnect again. I think this problem started after I updated my phone and tablet to Android 4.4.3. This never happened to me before the update.

I have another OBD II app from Android market, which works fine. So maybe there is some incompatibility issue between Torque and Android 4.4.3?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

BAFX Products ELM327
2004 Acura TL
Torque Pro

Mike

What app did you use that DID work? I may try it and see if that helps me figure this out.

Ultimately I want to use Torque, because everyone seems to say it’s miles ahead of other apps.

Typhoon
on: June 25, 2014 (GMT)

Quote from mike m2 on June 24, 2014
What app did you use that DID work? I may try it and see if that helps me figure this out…

OBD Car Doctor

rstaff08@gmail.com
on: October 28, 2018 (GMT)

Hi Mike,

New installation of Konnwei (and the box says “Support: J1850 VPW and PWM. (Wiki spoke of “J1850” as possible bug)

Plugged the the 16 pin in my 2004 Mazda 6, found “Konnewei” on my paired devices on my android.
Downloaded Torque (free version) and message on phone: “No Bluetooth device selected.”

Just first day with the package trying to set of for first time.

Thanks Richard

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.

Follow me on twitter