Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » MINI Fuel System Monitor Bank 1 and Bank 2

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MINI Fuel System Monitor Bank 1 and Bank 2
bikerdave
Post MINI Fuel System Monitor Bank 1 and Bank 2
on: June 11, 2014 (GMT)

Hi all
Just discovered the joy of OBD torque after the EML came on on my MINI 2008 R56 john cooper works. I have no problems talking to the car but have the following issue.
After the initial EML came on, I saw 2 issues within the vehicle test results BUT NO fault codes were logged. The issues shown in red were Fuel system monitor bank 1 and bank 2 and no reading from O2 bank 1 sensor 1.
I replaced the pre cat O2 sensor and this cured that fault and has been fine since. I cleared the light down and all appeared well however it didnt clear the fuel sys monitor bank 1 and 2 fault in the test results. I then drove the car and managed to get the eml to come back on by doing exactly the same driving style as the first time it came on namely full revs under driving in 3rd gear. I checked for fault codes and once again I have no faults stored but have the same fault on Fuel sys monitor bank 1 and 2. I have tried a google search for this but no luck. The car does not go into limp mode and drives ok. Results as follows:

MID: TID:
Fuel system monitor bank 1
Min: 1,028.8 Max:-2,457.5
Current: 2,073.6

MID: TID:$f6
Fuel system monitor bank 2
Min: 62.16A Max: 204.83A
Current: 655.2A

Without a code i’m struggling, can anyone point me in the right diredtion please?

bikerdave
Post Re: MINI Fuel System Monitor Bank 1 and Bank 2
on: July 5, 2014 (GMT)

Further to my original post can anyone tell me if OBD can display / reset the short and long term fuel strategy? I believe this is what I need to make sense of my readings.

teddy.w.k
on: August 10, 2015 (GMT)

Bikerdave, did you ever find out what was going on with your 2008 Mini Cooper? I have a 2008 Mini Cooper s with the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

bikerdave
on: May 7, 2016 (GMT)

Teddy
Yes I can confirm what the issue is. The high pressure fuel pump and now I look at the data it all makes sense, hindsight always fixes it. When I added the fuel pressure rail readout I realized this was below the min spec at idle, approx. 50bar. The trouble is OBD doesn’t know the min / max values so you must find out these limits for yourself and then look at the data OBD is giving you. When my car went in for its decoke they ran a full diagnostic which showed idle at 29bar, way down. Pump was changed, price has gone up hugely since Jan 2016 and all is good. Fuel rail readout is OK and above fault reports are not flagged. I have learnt a lot but realized that OBD is giving you all the correct info YOU just need to be able to work it out which is the hard bit. If you google HPFP failure you will see it is a common fault with different attitudes to replacement by MINI depending where you are in the world. I hope this helps you and anyone else with this issue.

mark383
on: October 5, 2016 (GMT)

I recently purchased a 2008 MINI, R56, with N12 motor, and have been having some issues, most recently a P2187 code. I wanted to measure the fuel rail pressure, to see if low pressure might be causing a lean idle reading. Unfortunately, I’ve been unable to get any fuel rail pressure readings from Torque. First I tried adding a dial and connecting it to the available Fuel Rail Pressure sensor (which was not green), but got no data with the car running. Then I created a custom fuel rail pressure sensor as suggested by Capp777 in https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=4987.0, “No fuel pressure reading, but also got no data. In creating the custom PID, I did not know what to put for the “Diagnostic start command” or “Diagnostic stop command” fields, so I left these blank; I thought maybe that could be the problem. In any case, I see that you were able to get a pressure reading from your MINI, so I was wondering if you could explain to me (real slowly, step by step, because I must be missing something), what you did to get the reading. And also if you are able to get separate readings from the rail, and from the tank pump.

Thanks,
Mark

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.

Follow me on twitter