Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Can Torque Pull Transmission Codes/All P-Codes?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can Torque Pull Transmission Codes/All P-Codes?
cvy227
Post Can Torque Pull Transmission Codes/All P-Codes?
on: May 8, 2014 (GMT)

I had a Ford Windstar and I was able to pull a P0171 lean code. But the problem is it had 2 other codes that Torque did not pull. A regular hand-held scanner was instantly able to pull the other codes, one of which was a transmission code.

It was code P0741 – Torque Converter Clutch Stuck Off.

The transmission at this point was totaled. Car wouldn’t go into reverse. If this was caught sooner, we may have avoided a very costly repair.

Can Torque pull transmission codes with a plug-in or something? If not, does anyone know of any other Android-based app that can pull transmission codes, body codes, etc. through an ELM327 bluetooth scanner?

I bought Torque because in Google Play in one of the screenshots, the eighth picture over, it showed Powertrain, Chassis, Body, and Network codes, such as B0300, U0100, etc.

But the funny thing is, that transmission code that Torque was not able to read was a regular Powertrain code. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to an ELM327 scanner to pick up a regular P-code. If it doesn’t pull a C, B, or U code, I could understand. I’m just very upset it didn’t pick up the transmission code.

Can Torque pull transmission codes with a plug-in or something? If not, does anyone know of any other Android-based app that can pull all P-codes, including the transmission code that Torque missed, through an ELM327 bluetooth scanner? Please help, thank you.

cvy227
Post Re: Can Torque Pull Transmission Codes/All P-Codes?
on: May 9, 2014 (GMT)

If torque doesn’t pull transmission codes, does anyone know an app that does?

lamchobhp
on: May 11, 2014 (GMT)

It did pull P0741 From my 2006 Wrangler TJ.

frodus
on: May 11, 2014 (GMT)

It is possible for the ELM327 to pull the error codes… but the issue is, not all manufacturers support OBDII with the other control units. Some transmission control units will reply to fault requests, but not all. It all boils down to “does the manufacturer support it”.

rchamp0478@outlook.com
on: December 8, 2017 (GMT)

The app does not have ABS or transmission codes I don’t believe that they can’t but don’t want to once you’re connected the wheel speed sensor and transmission go through ecm to control the fuel air

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.119 seconds.

Follow me on twitter