Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque is logging Vac and Boost...but HOW?!?!

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque is logging Vac and Boost...but HOW?!?!
850wagont5
Post Torque is logging Vac and Boost...but HOW?!?!
on: April 28, 2014 (GMT)

Hey all,
I have a 1996 Volvo 850 Turbo. The Torque app gives me a working boost/vac gauge, but when I posted about it on a Volvo board, people didn’t believe me. They said my ECU/engine management (Bosch Motronic 4.3) doesn’t have a MAP sensor or any other way to know how much boost I’m running, so it’s impossible for me to be getting a boost reading via OBD2 port on the Torque app.

Yet, here it is…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HcU7qI6ySk

So…can anyone tell me how Torque is generating this data? Does anyone know about M4.3 on the 850 Turbo? TIA!

socalboostin
Post Re: Torque is logging Vac and Boost...but HOW?!?!
on: July 27, 2018 (GMT)

Well 4 years late to party but had to reply here.

I have no idea how that could work. On my 98 s70 t5 I had to run a vac/boost line from the vac tree over to the modified ECU I have which has a integrated pressure sensor to add boost data to the ECU for the tune software to consume. And…. I am on 4.4 so no way 4.3 has it.

Further more I completely rebuilt my T5 motor and know every component on P80 series volvos inside and out. A few soliniods is it as far as vac/boost connected electronics.

That is crazy man.

98 s70 T5 (HPT car)
M56 5 speed
18t turbo upgrade
FMIC
AEM WideBand
3″ turbo back exhaust & DownPipe
Green Giants & DW200 fuel pump
Vast Tuned w/ AEM WideBand
IPD lowering springs w/ Bilstiens

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4