Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » GPS Trip distance

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: GPS Trip distance
deadaim00
Post Re: GPS Trip distance
on: June 9, 2014 (GMT)

Yes I tried the other ones. The PIDs you listed are for general trip distance, and trip distance stored in the vehicle profile. I got the GPS trip distance ff120b from the list of extended pids on the website, hence the reason I’m trying to use that one. Looking through torque scan there isn’t an option to just use GPS trip. It won’t get a trip otherwise, so I want to force it to use the GPS trip.

Capp777

I believe the wiki plugin documentation
is not up-to-date as it doesnt show [[ff1204]
which is probably the same as what you are
looking to find. (Without the “GPS” in its title).

deadaim00

ff1204 is a trip distance to take the best value of the trip recorded, correct? So it takes the value from the ECU or the GPS depending on which one is better? That’s great, but it doesn’t work for me, which is why I want to try and force it to JUST use the GPS trip. Completely eliminate the other option entirely.

mcbrems
on: April 22, 2015 (GMT)

Any resolution on this?

I was using a previous version of Torque, which was displaying GPS trip distance without any problems on my Samsung Galaxy Tab2. Once I got within wifi range, my tablet did a software update, which included apps and Torque, and that is when the GPS Trip stopped working.

I’m using Torque with the Orion BMS in my EV conversion, and that GPS odo was an important part of my display, given the need for range calculation that I couldn’t obtain otherwise in a 1974 Porsche.

Here’s the vehicle. There is a shot of my Torque display in the album.

https://carousel.dropbox.com/photos/cc/zsrfRMhQauLJWNT

Cheers,
MB

RoccoFantastic
on: August 28, 2019 (GMT)

I’m having this same problem (5 years later, I guess)

I’m using torque in a home built EV application so I have no “standard” vehicle data- there is no OBD trip measurements to read so I need to find a way to get GPS trip working.

I’m trying [ff120b]*1 as my PID equation, but no luck on a galaxy s7

Has anyone had this issue problem recently and been able to resolve it?

Best,
Rocco

Pages: 1 [2]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.021 seconds.

Follow me on twitter