Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » J1939 Update?

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: J1939 Update?
Miroslavek
Post Re: J1939 Update?
on: January 26, 2017 (GMT)

Hello,

I would like to ask you, If Troque Pro will work with my tractor Case IH Magnum 280 which has J1939 connector but I would put there an adapter to OBD II and then connect OBD II bluetooth adapter. I would also like to know if it would show some specific tractor data like transmission pressure, temperature, engine pressure, rear hitch possition etc…?
Thank You for your response.

kidturbo
on: February 17, 2017 (GMT)

Also been waiting on this release. I have the PGN sets if you need any help.

-K

dlbradley
on: March 10, 2017 (GMT)

+1 waiting also :)

MrE
on: April 4, 2017 (GMT)

+1 waiting too :-)

Attempting to use Torque Pro in a 1986 Newell motorhome with a 450hp 2000 Cummins ISM.

ShawnPatt
on: November 6, 2017 (GMT)

Any update on this?? I am part of a group that uses Class 8 trucks to haul 5th Wheel RV Trailers and there are a number of us interested in this.

Here is a shot of those who made it to our 2017 Rally.

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 21, 2017 (GMT)

That’s a lot of trucks :)

J1939 isn’t a small document/protocol to follow, there’s an absolute boatload of PGNs (sensors/stuff) to add, and the documents for them aren’t the best formatted in the world, with all kinds of weird ’11 = not applicable’ kind of thing

Good news is though, that the betas will start to include it as I have been slowly learning/adding support for it.

Quick question (so I can target the bits you are after the most) – what are you all looking to use it for primarily?(ie: which functions within the app) :)

Edit: This should be in the next couple of betas due out next week

piemmm
Administrator
on: December 7, 2017 (GMT)

Small update – should hopefully be releasing this to the beta testers tomorrow (Friday) – it’s monitor mode only at the moment to see how things get on

ShawnPatt
on: December 8, 2017 (GMT)

That is excellent news!

I think many of us with the Class 8 trucks are just looking for the ability to easily monitor many of the critical items on our rigs. Many of us use Volvo trucks and they don’t have 30 gauges like you might find in other trucks. EGT, Boost Pressure, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Coolant Temp and such are the big ones. Many of these are already on the dash in a hard gauge or can be configured on the LCD, but the LCD doesn’t give you a lot of flexibility on what you can display.

I’ll put the word out to “The guys” and get some additional input for you.

ShawnPatt
on: December 8, 2017 (GMT)

I’m wondering what adapter you might support for this? Perhaps the BlueFire adapter might be a good choice?

https://bluefire-llc.com/trucks.html

And they have an open source API available
https://bluefire-llc.com/api.html

MrE
on: February 24, 2018 (GMT)

I have a J1939 to OBDII adapter and plan on using my BAFX bluetooth adapter. It handles both 12v and 24v.

Attempting to use Torque Pro in a 1986 Newell motorhome with a 450hp 2000 Cummins ISM.

Pages: 1 [2]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.053 seconds.

Follow me on twitter