Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Substitute OBD functions with custom PID functions

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Substitute OBD functions with custom PID functions
Vasilich
Post Re: Substitute OBD functions with custom PID functions
on: August 10, 2016 (GMT)

Fine, Ian!
I can start to check long-waited feature! Can you tell when this feature will be available (I believe that Google Play will send update notifications only when software version changes? I have already installed .98 from Beta program) ?

Quote from admin on August 9, 2016
it /could/ or /could not/ be vehicle specific!

i cannot imagine any use case where it could NOT be vehicle-specific. Can you?

Vasilich
on: August 12, 2016 (GMT)

And another question: will this substitute function work in ALL inbuilt functions (e.g. if i substitute Vehicle Speed (0D) with custom PID, will then “GPS/OBD speed diff” function work and use not only PID but also formula (if custom speed PID delivers different from OBD2 standard PID value size)) ?

SilentQ
on: August 16, 2016 (GMT)

Wow. Great timing on the substitution option. I just joined, and was trying too find out why i was getting 0 MPG all the time. Turns out my ecu says it reports speedometer, but it’s always 0. (It is reporting a speedometer related fault code.) Being able to substitute gps speed for speedometer speed would be great!

Edit: I’ve joined the beta program in Google play.

Vasilich
on: September 2, 2016 (GMT)

Hi Ian,
after 2 weeks of trying to find any change concerning PID substitution in changelog for Torque Pro beta program, i am starting to think that i am doing something wrong. Have you already did changes for it in beta version?

piemmm
Administrator
on: September 2, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

The PID override isn’t done yet – it will be in the next set of beta updates (with the long pid sending ability). I had to get the ‘themes’ update out this week as I had some dependencies on it

You’ll see it in the changelog (on the forums) when it makes into the betas

Vasilich
on: September 9, 2016 (GMT)

It is in changelog for 107 since 06.09.16, but the Google play says that current beta version is still 1.8.106 last updated 30.08.2016.
As i never uset beta feature of GPlay before, i don’t know how long it takes for GPlay to push/accept changes in new beta version…

piemmm
Administrator

“Upcoming changes in 1.8.107 (not yet released, in development)”

It’s not released yet, though the work is done. I’m finishing testing it today with a bit of luck and it’ll then be in the next beta update (was meant for today, but I don’t know if I’ll get the testing done in time)” It is ‘imminent’ however.

Vasilich

thanks for clarification

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Managed to get most of this done and it’s now sent to googles beta update

Notes:

* Only a few OBD2 pids can be ridden at the moment. This will also expand to other ‘ffXXXX’ pids as well in the next beta update, probably next week (this will include MPG pids)

* If there’s a specific PID you would like to override, and it’s not in the list, now is the time to tell me :-)

* Creating 2 pids that override the same OBD pid will result in ‘undefined behaviour’ at the moment, and will be prevented in later versions

* Will add a note to the ‘Add PID’ in the realtime information screen to show that a PID has been overridden (this is to avoid possibly getting confused)

You can access the override function in the PID editor. Please report any problems in this thread!

Vasilich
on: September 16, 2016 (GMT)

Thanks Ian,
i have tested this new feature, and have set my custom PID to substitute OBD Speed sensor (as my ECU reports it as supported, but answers always with 0) – most of the great featurea of Torque (like Trip time, LPK, etc.) finally work!

I am not sure though why the “Trip (km)” and “Odo” functions always show “-” – i thought, that those are somehow dependent on Speed sensor? Or what information they are dependent on? I have had GPS data when trying to check whether those 2 functions work (if that is important)…

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

Can you provide the settings of your override pid (and I’ll try to replicate it here and get it into the next update)

piemmm
Administrator

Found the issue. I’ve fixed it in the beta so will be in the update I’ll send out a little later today

Vasilich
on: September 19, 2016 (GMT)

thanks Ian,
ODO and trip distance are also working now.

Just out of interest – how these values are calculated? based on data from speed only?

Vasilich
on: September 19, 2016 (GMT)

and one more question – should the dial/display custom background also work for the overriden PID now (i mean will dial_background_0d.png work, or should i put cuspom PID in the picture name (dial_background_221101.png) instead?

Vasilich
on: October 25, 2016 (GMT)

Any advice on theming?

Pages: 1 [2]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.06 seconds.

Follow me on twitter