Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Data Logging Help for New Users

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Data Logging Help for New Users
boxerfan88
Post Re: Data Logging Help for New Users
on: April 7, 2019 (GMT)

Somehow I cannot login to my old account which was active for years.

I clicked create a new account, use my old email address, and it allowed me to create a new account! Sent me activation code via email. I logged in, and my logs were still there but only up to Jan 2019.

Looks like something went wrong with the user database.
My suggestion is to re-create the account and try.

aelfwyne
on: April 13, 2019 (GMT)

Had to re-create mine and NONE of my logs are there. I do “check settings” in the app and it says it’s working. Not sure what’s wrong, but it ain’t logging to the web now.

EDIT: Double checked my email in the app, changed it to a newer address thinking that was the problem… definitely matches website… still no logs. In the app it shows a “Torque ID” long serial number it says you need to access your logs. Does not appear to be any place to put that in on the website now.

jer
on: April 22, 2019 (GMT)

Quote from boxerfan88 on April 7, 2019
Somehow I cannot login to my old account which was active for years.

I clicked create a new account, use my old email address, and it allowed me to create a new account! Sent me activation code via email. I logged in, and my logs were still there but only up to Jan 2019.

Looks like something went wrong with the user database.
My suggestion is to re-create the account and try.

New user here, created account, tried logging a few trips, but nothing shows up in the web interface!

bitmonster
on: June 10, 2019 (GMT)

The view site is not reachable – am I doing something wrong? I just got the app and it seems to be connecting ok.

I don’t want to bother with stuffing around with graphing CSV files. I really would prefer to just graph in the app or a good plugin if possible (any suggestions welcome please).

edwkmho
on: July 5, 2019 (GMT)

Please someone help me with with the data logging.

My Torque BHP app does not data log when running background. Is this a feature in this app that it has to be running foreground to log data.

Thanks.

piemmm
Administrator
on: July 5, 2019 (GMT)

Hi!

What handset and android version are you using?

Some handsets automatically put apps to ‘sleep’ (which means helpfully kill off any background processes that may be running) – if this is shutting torque down then this could well be the issue you’re having (the app is designed to run ‘forever’ and log, so this normally would not be a problem

The handset is likely shutting the app down, so go into the settings, somewhere in the battery settings/power settings there will be a list of apps allowed to put to sleep – simply stop the phone from putting the app to sleep here and you should be up and running!

kostadinnm
on: July 22, 2019 (GMT)

Hello.
I just bought a high-bitrate original-elm-chip based adapter(https://elm-327.eu/cat_elmblue/elmbtv2). I wanted to collect the diesel injector values of my 2006 toyota corolla 2.0 diesel. It’s the 1CD-FTV engine equipped with a denso ecu and injectors. All android programs I tested(torque, torque pro trial, obd doctor, dash command, etc.) are not capable of reading those values. I found some old PIDs which are for the 2002-model, but for 2004, which is the facelift, those seems to have changed. In effect, no app is capable of reading the injector timings. Is there a guide on how to detect those and eventually make a pid-set for sharing for those, already getting old, un-destructibles.
With regards,
Kostadin

Mathieus
on: January 24, 2020 (GMT)

Hi

I’ve been using torque for some time now.
Ever since a recent update I can no longer view my logged trips.
I can open a trip, but none of the data will be overlayed on the map. Before the update it worked fine.

Please help. Huawei mate 20 pro. Android 10.

Mathieu

bradlington
on: February 1, 2020 (GMT)

What is the correct URL to set in android application ?

Interested in logging data from my vehicle

MackDandy
on: March 20, 2020 (GMT)

That the Web Server down again?
Dont actually expect any response or any hope these bugs will get fixed soon, logged data,the units are all over the place, I want Nm and MPH but it logs as KPH and f/lb, yet the app displays the units I want.
Map view in the app is broken as well, the route is not matching up correctly, shame the whole thing doesn’t work better think I am about to give up with Torque Pro,shame as it has loads of potential, needs a metric ton of development but

TimG19
on: May 25, 2020 (GMT)

I’m a new user, currently using the free version and trying to set up data logging and web view. The guide dosen’t seem to have the same options as I am seeing which maybe because the app has been updated since it was written.
Here are some screen shots
https://www.tm-img.com/images/2020/05/25/Screenshot_20200525-102307_Torque-Lite.jpg

https://www.tm-img.com/images/2020/05/25/Screenshot_20200525-102244_Torque-Lite.jpg
Question: what is the correct URL is it
http://ian-hawkins.com/torque.php or is it
http://in.torque-bhp.com
or something else?

Selecting Show your Torque ID prodices this
https://www.tm-img.com/images/2020/05/25/Screenshot_20200525-102253_Torque-Lite.jpg

I have an ID here of course and a login on the Web Viewer https://view.torque-bhp.com/

MackDandy
on: June 23, 2020 (GMT)

How is data logging uploads working for people? I am having problems again, in the past the data would be uploaded ‘on the go’ now when I get home and try and close the app I have to wait while it painfully slowly uploads 800+ log entries, the units are still messed up(uploading the opposite, centigrade, MPH, Nm displayed but Fahrenheit, KPH, ft/lb uploaded).
Really wish this app worked better as it does

FrankTalk
on: August 2, 2020 (GMT)

I’m a new member and I need help with some basic questions. I am using Torque Pro with a BAFX adapter. I want to use this with a 2014 Mercedes Sprinter. I created a page with 8 gauges: Coolant temp, Trans Fluid Temp, Manifold Intake Pressure, Boost, DPF Pressure, DPF Temp, Engine Load, and Oil Temp. The display looks good, but some of the values do not make sense. For example:

1. Oil Temp is 32 degrees F, when its 70 degrees outside. Could this be pressure rather than temperature?
2. DPFTemp is 7oF.
3. Transmission Fluid Temp and Coolant Temp are exactly the same (116.6 oF) and track perfectly as engine warms after starting.

Can anyone explain to me what is happening?

Thanks,

MackDandy
on: August 4, 2020 (GMT)

Web server down again

chevota
on: August 30, 2020 (GMT)

FrankTalk:
I think you should create a new topic for this, but 32F is the normal compensated reference temp of a thermocouple so my guess is it either doesn’t exist or you can’t read it. Oil psi will change with rpm and temp so that’s not it, plus it would be higher. The trans is typically cooled by the radiator water so it should, on avg, be close. Usually not identical so my guess is it’s somehow reading water instead. As for what data your car can provide I don’t know, I’m too new to the whole OBD and CAN thing. All I know is a lot of stuff the app can read is either not in my car or the dongle can’t process it. My car does read trans temp as it should. I haven’t tried oil temp because I don’t care. Some stuff I try to read is just zero so obviously the car doesn’t output it or the dongle can’t do it. After several dongles I bought an Autel MaxiAP AP200 and it reads a whole lot more stuff so might be worth a look; on Amazon. While the Autel app is a pita to use it does have lots of cool stuff and can read many more things. It will not work with the Torque app, at least not that I can see.

’16 E550
So Cal, USA

flroots
on: September 8, 2020 (GMT)

I’m a new Torque Pro user for my 2020 Kia Niro PHEV. Several times I’ve taken a short trip and all worked fine. After arrival at destination and perhaps 15-60 minutes I returned to car for trip home. I started Torque and clicked on Start Logging. Neither the display nor the logging happened. Not sure which setting(s) I need to change. Once this happened and unplugging and replugging the OBD2 scanner fixed it. Any ideas going forward?

jer
on: September 10, 2020 (GMT)

hi, same issue here, ‘old’ user… recently there’s this problem where if the trip starts within like, one or two hours it won’t get recorded… but the subsequent trip will be…

yes the only way to fix this is to stop and close the app and start it again.

This is not an issue with logging itself, all trips are recorded fine in the phone/tablet itself… just an issue with the web viewer, does anyone know of an alternative web viewer by the way?

flroots
on: September 10, 2020 (GMT)

I’m using Torque Pro in conjunction with the Niro PHEV PID file. Several variables are Cumulative such as 0_Niro_Cumulative Energy Discharged(kWh). How do I reset them back to zero? I’m not even sure from what point they’ve been accumulated. I’m guessing since the vehicle was new?

Also there are two variables that I don’t understand the meaning of:

Cost per mile/km (Instant)($/m)
    Distance traveled with MIL/CEL lit
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.064 seconds.

Follow me on twitter