Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Data Logging Help for New Users

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Data Logging Help for New Users
polymoog70
Post Re: Data Logging Help for New Users
on: March 28, 2015 (GMT)

Hello everybody
I get a problem upload the datas, since one week.
The Torque Pro visualize the map, after a trip, but it’s absolutely impossible upload the data on the web server.
They are freezed, it arrives until march 24, after all, nothing.
What is the manner in which, Tpro upload datas into wserver?
Thanks to all.

vram3500
on: April 19, 2016 (GMT)

Just bought Kiwi 3 dongle, Torque Pro and joined the group. When I open the .csv files with Excel the column headers are scrambled, don’t align with the data in the column. For example, what is obviously transmission temperature is in column labeled as “Actual Engine Torque %” and what is obviously engine RPM is in column labeled “Turbo Boost & Vacuum Gauge(psi)”. I have to put the data into charts in Excel to recognize what is what and cannot conclusively determine what some of the data really are. In addition some columns have titles but no data. Have I screwed up something in settings?

Thanks

Retired, use Torque Pro and Kiwi 3 dongle to monitor pickup parameters while towing 5th wheel RV

ejackson

I have a question, that may of been answered already somewhere but I couldn’t find it.

When logging 2 different vehicles how to I tell which one is which? Is there a way to name the log file by the profile name? I am not uploading them to a web server, just loading them on my computer and analyzing the data from there. But I having a hard time tell which file belongs with which vehicle. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Earl

piemmm
Administrator

Hi Earl!

Trip logging saves the profile with the trip, though file logging does not (yet – I’ll have a look into this as you’ve pointed out something that is a good idea)

ejackson

Thanks piemmm…

In the future i’ll just to a trip log, until your able to possibly implement a feature to name the log files.

Thanks for your help!

Quote from admin on April 19, 2016
Hi Earl!

Trip logging saves the profile with the trip, though file logging does not (yet – I’ll have a look into this as you’ve pointed out something that is a good idea)

jcm_gdl
on: April 21, 2016 (GMT)

Hi.

Is there a way to download from the web server all the KML o KMZ trips files I’ve done. I understand there is a way to do one by one, but I have almost 1,500 trips in the Web Server, so I hope there is a way to access a FTP server to retrieve all my trips and download them to my hard disk in order to analyze them in Google Earth.

Thanks in advance

zorigoo
on: May 30, 2016 (GMT)

Hello,
do you know how can i create data of a team / who is using torque/ and analyze the data consult them?
need special permission how can get? thnks

Automotive engineer enthusiasts car diagnostic

alvinpark
on: June 9, 2016 (GMT)

I am new here. Thanks for sharing the information. This is really helpful.

—————————-
Thanks & Regards,
Alvin Park

Peace of mind

MicroChip
on: February 16, 2017 (GMT)

Maybe a silly question, on the list of what to log, all I really want to log is error codes in real-time. I have an intermittent issue with my truck, I’ll be driving, all of a sudden, ABS, pwr steering, and stabilitrak all go out, and then after a few miles, all recovers. Dash lights up like a christmas tree. Dealer hasn’t been able to reproduce, so I want to log until it happens to me again and then give them the log. I get how to log, but how do I log error codes?

Thanks!
MC

Capp777

Quote from MicroChip on February 16, 2017
Maybe a silly question, on the list of what to log, all I really want to log is error codes in real-time. I have an intermittent issue with my truck, I’ll be driving, all of a sudden, ABS, pwr steering, and stabilitrak all go out, and then after a few miles, all recovers. Dash lights up like a christmas tree. Dealer hasn’t been able to reproduce, so I want to log until it happens to me again and then give them the log. I get how to log, but how do I log error codes?

Thanks!
MC

End Quote.

Legislated and emissions related DTC codes
are returned using a mode 3 command
which needs to be decoded.

May I ask what adapter are you using?

Is it possible that your adapter is searching
for protocol trying to reconnect when this
occurs?

Does this problem occur when NOT using the
adapter/Torque?

Have you set the specific protocol used by your
vehicle in the vehicle profile which eliminates
the need for auto search for protocol?

MicroChip

Quote from Capp777 on February 16, 2017
Legislated and emissions related DTC codes
are returned using a mode 3 command
which needs to be decoded.

May I ask what adapter are you using?

Is it possible that your adapter is searching
for protocol trying to reconnect when this
occurs?

Does this problem occur when NOT using the
adapter/Torque?

Have you set the specific protocol used by your
vehicle in the vehicle profile which eliminates
the need for auto search for protocol?

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I’m new to this, and definitely not a mechanic. The problems with the truck are intermittent and have been happening for a while. After several stays at the dealership where they couldn’t reproduce, I ordered a Scantool OBDLink MX and use my Samsung Android tablet connected to the truck wifi, and the MX using bluetooth, and Torque Pro. I just set it up last night and used it this morning to log my ride. I only selected the voltage PID because it seemed like I needed to pick one to get it to log something, I could be wrong.

I’d love advice on what PIDs to log to try to give my dealership useful information to fix my truck. Also I’m not sure where in vehicle profile to set the protocol, I don’t see it, even under advanced settings.

Thanks!
MC

Capp777

The OBDLink MX Adapter has wire level capabilites
that the clone adapters don’t have. I would definitely
specify the protocol used by your vehicle(s) to eliminate
an auto search for protocol at startups.

Other MX users have reported some strange results which
was corrected by specifying the correct protocol.

If you are planning on using Torque on multiple vehicles
I recommend creating vehicle profiles for each vehicle
with use separate dashboard layout selected. This will
allow dashboards, pids and data logging to be unique
for the vehicle when this option is selected.

Again, you will have to edit the vehicle profile to
select these options.

SpAcenut
on: March 7, 2017 (GMT)

Hello,

New to the product and to this forum so I am grasping here to figure out how to post a question… Sorry if I did this wrong but dont have a “post a question” button or link.

I have a 2016 Chevy Cruze LTZ that is having an intermittent engine stutter. I mainly notice it after a 30 mile trip on the highway and at the exit ramp stoplight, I feel it stutter for about 5 -7 secs. My On-Star is supposedly able to go to the diagnostics to check what is causing it however by the time they answer the phone, get me transferred to the diagnostics dept, the problem has been long gone. I also dont want to take it into the shop for fear of the usualy “theres nothing wrong, we dont see anything” issue so I bought the Torque Pro and the Vgate Scan BT scan tool. Is there a feature within the program that can log the data live and possibly show where this stutter is coming from? I have the units communicating just fine but not being a mechanic, Im not sure what to set up to monitor the data stream and at same time, notice the time that the issue occurs and then go back over saved data? I dont see any logged/saved error codes in ECM so Im not sure where to go from here.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Also, is there a way to get all settings back to default on the Torque Pro app?

Thanks,
Bob

Quote from Capp777 on February 16, 2017
The OBDLink MX Adapter has wire level capabilites
that the clone adapters don’t have. I would definitely
specify the protocol used by your vehicle(s) to eliminate
an auto search for protocol at startups.

Other MX users have reported some strange results which
was corrected by specifying the correct protocol.

If you are planning on using Torque on multiple vehicles
I recommend creating vehicle profiles for each vehicle
with use separate dashboard layout selected. This will
allow dashboards, pids and data logging to be unique
for the vehicle when this option is selected.

Again, you will have to edit the vehicle profile to
select these options.

Neriyah
Post Needs help please
on: July 10, 2017 (GMT)

Hello,
I got an OBD for the car, Suzuki Cross 2016, I do have 2 phones and no matter what I do I can’t connect to the OBD. On the plugin to check the connection it say that it is connected to my other phone even when the Bluetooth of the other phone is off.

Any idea how can I disconnect from the other phone so I can connect to the OBD?

I use the torque pro on galaxy note 5 , the other phone is LG G3.

Please please help, it is the second OBD dingle that I have bought so now I got Ver. 1.5 and Ver. 2 they both give me the same problem. I can pair them but not connect.

Thanks, Neriyah

harrisp
on: October 13, 2017 (GMT)

What if I want to collect the data to a web server of mine?

Thanks

Capp777
on: October 15, 2017 (GMT)

Maybe this link will help?

https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=7033.0

jeph
on: October 22, 2017 (GMT)

Hi, if you have to reset your phone/get a new device, how do you continue logging data to the same place? And beyond data logging, is there a way to restore all of your settings?

jeph

Never mind, it looks like it kept my same ID. Thanks!

jeph

Still not straight forward on how it does, assuming it’s tied to my torque PRO Key. And still not sure how to save all my setting and vehicle profile in the app but that’s not directly related to this thread.

34Ford
on: December 25, 2017 (GMT)

I take it you must use a phone to upload data, and not a tablet that only has wifi?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.078 seconds.

Follow me on twitter