Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » New: Plugin support(3rd party add-ons, PIDs, etc)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Author Topic: New: Plugin support(3rd party add-ons, PIDs, etc)
matty1234
Post Re: New: Plugin support (3rd party add-ons, PIDs, etc)
on: September 23, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from admin on March 22, 2011
“TorqueScan” the example plugin should now be downloadable from the android markethi im running a advent vega with torque app why wont it show car temp or fuel any help plz thanks matt

matty1234
on: September 24, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from admin on March 15, 2011
Hi!

In version 1.4.10 Torque gained the ability to support ‘plugins’ – a plugin being something extra you can add-on to the application made by myself or any other Android developer willing to have a go.

This initial plugin interface begins with support for a direct app plugin with the ability to pull information from all the accessible/available sensors in an ECU. It’s designed to be as simple as possible to use.

Support for a seperate plugin interface (the ability to contribute extended PIDs to the app) is still under development but will be out soon. However the core AIDL interface is ready to use.

Android developers may want to download the example app plugin from: http://ian-hawkins.com/torquescan.zip which contains the old AIDL bits, and have a play.

The latest AIDL file is at http://torque-bhp.com/downloads/torque-aidl5.zip (Latest 1.5.64 version, 6 June)

If there is a specific function you could do with having, let me know at ian@prowl.org and I’ll see what I can do!

Wiki page for some extra info: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/PluginDocumentation

Regards,hi i have 56 astra vxr im useing the torque app on my android tablet everthing works fine but it dosent show anything to do with my fuel u got any ideas plz thanks matt

Ian

matty1234
on: September 24, 2012 (GMT)

“TorqueScan” the example plugin should now be downloadable from the android markethi im looking for some help plz i have a astra vxr 56 plate im useing torque app on my android tablet everything works great bar my fuel it dosent show me any info on my fuel but when i run dash commander it dose have u got any ideas to help thanks matt

aggy
on: November 9, 2012 (GMT)

I not able to run Torque Scan plugin – when trying to scan it says something about “must enable permissions on plugin settings”, but didnt see any settings for plugins.
Torque itself running fine..

yeoh9996
on: November 13, 2012 (GMT)

Hi Ian,
is any way to add knock sensor PID for Mitsusbi airtrek year 2003??
Thanks for reply.

“TorqueScan” the example plugin should now be downloadable from the android market

my911
on: December 29, 2012 (GMT)

Ian –
Fantastic job. Before I hand over to our engineering dept please could you answer.
If we monitor for specific OBD Error Codes which are not listed in the OBD Documentation list, will we still be able to read those off (naturally assuming we know those error codes)?
Our objective is to ensure that all our users going forward use your app tool for OBD Diag., and we will communicate with that for our my-911 services.
Again, great job Ian and thanks
Larry

leemaster
on: January 2, 2013 (GMT)

Hi, are you guys currently developing a Subaru SSM so that those of us who drives a Subaru can use more PID? The Engine Oil Temperature is the one I am looking for but unfortunately only HKS is the only one I know whose able to pull off reading engine oil temp.

Unfortunately the basic hex reading is not compatible with my ECU.

skidooman1990
on: January 8, 2013 (GMT)

Hello, i just installed both the Torque Pro version and the widgets add on onto my Droid Rzr HD. The widgets aren’t appearing as an option on my widget screen. Any thoughts?

keelerad
Post GT86/BRZ Oil Temp PID
on: February 7, 2013 (GMT)

The oil temp PID has been identified :

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showpost.php?p=709201&postcount=123.

Without further delay, here’s the info:
OBD2 Mode and PID: 2101
Minimum Value: -40
Maximum Value: 215 (this is just the maximum that this location can support, which does not mean the sensor can read that high)
Scale factor: x1
Unit type: C
Equation: AC-40 (no space between A and C; “AC” is the location within the response)
OBD Header: 7E0 (Auto also works, but seems to take longer)

Alec

Software Build and Release engineer, ex-biker and West Ham fan.

andy09
on: February 21, 2013 (GMT)

Hello Ian,

could you please an example for the correct use of

boolean setPIDInformation(String name, String shortName, String unit, float max, float min, float value, String stringValue);
?

I am trying to feed data from a plugin into torque.
With the latest update (20.2.2013 ) of torque there seems to have changed something and I can’t get it to work .

Thank you
Andreas

aiiee
on: February 24, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from keelerad on February 7, 2013
The oil temp PID has been identified :

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showpost.php?p=709201&postcount=123.

Without further delay, here’s the info:
OBD2 Mode and PID: 2101
Minimum Value: -40
Maximum Value: 215 (this is just the maximum that this location can support, which does not mean the sensor can read that high)
Scale factor: x1
Unit type: C
Equation: AC-40 (no space between A and C; “AC” is the location within the response)
OBD Header: 7E0 (Auto also works, but seems to take longer)

Alec

Can you tell me how you interpreted the strings returned by TorqueScan to arrive at the values you posted?

When I run TorqueScan for PID 2101, this is all I get:

Command: 2101 response:
01A
0:610160FC2764
1:DC02051E65053D
2:6B1A2841050765
3:0534633B286AAA

How do I interpret these please? Anyone?

killer78
on: February 26, 2013 (GMT)

Hi,
how you can make an outdoor temperature sensor – torque notify icing, but no sensor outside temperature display.

piemmm
Administrator
on: March 12, 2013 (GMT)

Hi

Thanks for the posts to this thread (oil temp, setPID, etc) – they’ll be added into the next updates

setPIDInformation was broken in previous versions – last weekends update fixed it so you should now be able to use it effectively to add your own PIDs to the app (String name = “my custom PID” not “ff1123,0”) – it can be used to add your own PIDs to the app only at the moment

Overwriting PIDs (or rather, feeding information into Torque on the standard PID range from other plugins(RPM, speed, etc) is being considered but there are a few cases where it may be abused that I need to work out ways to prevent first

nico326
on: March 21, 2013 (GMT)

Hello, is there any information on who or where to go to find the add on for the MUT protocols? I read that it was under development by someone, but I can’t find any information about where to get it when it’s finished. I would be willing to beta test also. Thank you.

Murray Scott
on: April 3, 2013 (GMT)

Hi Ian,
I have been happily using Torque with a generic ELM 327 bluetooth plugin, first with an LG Optimus One P500 (Android 2.3) and now with a Star N7000 phone (Android 4.0.4). No problems.

I have also used Torquescan via the pre-built apk on both phones. Again, no problems, thanks hugely for very professional development.

Getting a bit more ambitious, I have tried to get into the Torquescan source to build and return to Torque “total energy” and “actual power” parameters incorporating potential and kinetic energy of the car, ie. including incline, acceleration and air resistance terms, so as to derive real efficiency (power/fuel flow) as a guide to gear changing, coasting, hill-climb strategy etc. Gets a bit complicated without knowing accurate vehicle mass, Cd and energy content of fuel, but I hoped to patch together initial guesses and modelling to derive those parameters.

So far however I have not got past first base. I can’t get Eclipse to display, edit or compile the Torquescan project files. I extracted all the files and subfolders to a folder and pointed Eclipse to it via “Change Workspace” but it apparently does not recognise the project structure. Can you give us a heads-up on the Eclipse procedure required?

Murray Scott.

retired ex physicist

diesl
on: April 10, 2013 (GMT)

Hi Murray,

If I remember correctly, point eclipse at the top directory, and then select import. The ADT (android developer kit) web pages have instructions and examples.

2012 VW JSW TDI w/ DSG

Malamber
on: April 27, 2013 (GMT)

I can’t seem to stop the torque service after my Activity life cycle terminates.

This has no effect since stopService can’t guarantee a service should finalize.
Intent intent = new Intent(“org.prowl.torque”,”org.prowl.torque.remote.TorqueService”);
stopService(intent);

Can an additional function be put in the aidl so that our STUB can request torque to stop and remove the icon at the top? such as:
bool shutdownService(int requestType);

For the curious, my app is much less a plugin but instead an independent app that uses the torque service.

wrxphantom
on: April 28, 2013 (GMT)

Shift light plug in for sure. Or even show what gear you are on..

cmendes0101
on: April 28, 2013 (GMT)

I’m trying to modify the example app and in testing I can move the apk to my phone and displays/works in torque but how do I do this from the emulator? The torque app is required but I can’t install since there’s no market.

Malamber
on: April 29, 2013 (GMT)

use a backup app to get the Torque apk. you can then sideload the app on your emulator host using “adb install [torque].apk.” I haven’t done it, but truthfully, torque seems like an app you developer for on an actual device.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.073 seconds.

Follow me on twitter