Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » New: Plugin support(3rd party add-ons, PIDs, etc)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Author Topic: New: Plugin support(3rd party add-ons, PIDs, etc)
spooky_pitboss
Post Re: New: Plugin support (3rd party add-ons, PIDs, etc)
on: June 7, 2011 (GMT)

Can someone tell me where I can find info on how to use the telnet server to find more PIDs? More specifically, his to use my PC to do so?

Also, I keep getting a force close on my LG Optimus U android when scanning for PIDs in Torque Scan when it scans my GTO. It scans for a few mins, slows down, and then freezes and force closes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

piemmm
Administrator

Hm, it shouldn’t be doing that. I’ll have a look at the scanner to see what’s up

The telnet server is not for the faint hearted, it is really only for people familiar with the OBD2 protocol and know what things like ‘vi’ are. You need to be connected to WiFi to be able to connect to it.

spooky_pitboss

As far as the PID scanner force closing, should i send the error report? Should I title it anything in particular when i send it?

If not, it will be titled “2004 GTO – LG Optimus U US670 – PID scanner force close”, or something along those lines.

Thanks for always improving this app, a lot of my friends went out to get Androids after seeing Torque on mine!

paruyma
on: June 16, 2011 (GMT)

Hi,
I am new here and in the way of monitoring a car and his engine with ‘Torque’, and I must say, after using the free version I’m addicted and downloaded the full version.
It even works better, faster BT connection en nice features.
But I had a problem, when scrolling in the ‘sensor’ page where you can attribute one to a dial, the screen freezes when an online sensor appears , shown with a green label.
It takes seconds when scrolling is back active and it is not very accurate.Is this an known issue?
For info, I am using a HTC HD2.
And a question where can I find pid’s for tree (3) different cars a Lancia ypsilon 1.3D(2008) an Mercedes 2.1D (2011) classe C, and a Fiat Ducato (van) 2.8D(2004).
Thanks in advance for all the info.

Garage Guy
on: June 18, 2011 (GMT)

Quote from Garage Guy on May 3, 2011 Torque 1.4.55 here now, and the problem persists: The TorqueScan plugin shows a few sensors until the ECU connects, after that it just says “API: Version 1” with no sensors shown.

Just a followup on this: Works now. Some upgrade or other in the last month fixed it.

AntonK
on: June 29, 2011 (GMT)

Hi Ian,
I have a little suggestion about plugin development.
Sometimes I don’t need to create my own interface for plugin.
I just want to add new display to “Realtime information” to see all sensors that I need plus my own calculations.
I know that you plan to add formula parser for Torque. But I think for hard formulas, like calculation with storing values it your formula will be unusable, am I wrong?
So, I suggest to add possibility for plugins to add new displays for “Realtime calculation”. It will be great, I think so.

Best Regards, Anton.

piemmm
Administrator

I like that idea a lot.

I’ll need to do some playing around and see what fits best. You’ll likely need to register your ‘helper’ app as a service with Android, and when it can connect to Torque, I’ll see about modding the AIDL API to allow pushing of information back into the app for the dials/logging/alarms/etc to make use of.

AntonK

Quote from admin on June 29, 2011
I like that idea a lot.

I’ll need to do some playing around and see what fits best. You’ll likely need to register your ‘helper’ app as a service with Android, and when it can connect to Torque, I’ll see about modding the AIDL API to allow pushing of information back into the app for the dials/logging/alarms/etc to make use of.

Hi Ian,

Awesome. It will be amazing feature. When it will be ready, add some example how to use it, please 😉

Also it will be usable to add add/edit/restore information in profile. Like you did with MPG. You added MPG information to profile, but you unable to edit it.

Best regards, Anton.

AntonK
on: July 2, 2011 (GMT)

Hi Ian,

I found one small problem with plugins 😉
When I stop engine and ECU lost connection torque service should stop sending information, but doesn’t. It sends last stored value before ECU lost connection.

Best regards, Anton.

piemmm
Administrator
on: July 2, 2011 (GMT)

Okay, I’ve added something to let you know when the app is not connected to the ECU which is probably a lot more useful

There’s 2 new methods going into this weekends update(I’m still testing though):

/**
    * Add / Update a PID from your plugin to the main app, Your PID is keyed by name.
    */
   boolean setPIDData(String name, String shortName, String unit, float max, float min, float value);

/**
    * Get connection state to ECU
    * @return true if connected to the ECU, false if the app has not yet started retrieving data from the ECU 
    */
    boolean isConnectedToECU();

setPIDData(…) is beta, may need some work, basically call the method with all the data(including the most recent value) and it should be made available to the rest of the app

isConnectedToECU() should be fairly self explanatory :) you can use this to tell if you need to ignore the values from the getValueForPID command (Some things like GPS which this can also retrieve are not related to the ECU) so the method should always return the last updated value

AntonK
on: July 3, 2011 (GMT)

Hi Ian.

I think, I found another error :(
Sometimes, when I launch Torque, profile vehicle trip doesn’t updating at all. And only after a long period of time, sometime it takes 10 or even 20 minutes, it’s starts to update or you need to close and reopen Torque.
I wrote this error here, because I can’t say for sure does this error appear in Torque. I see this error only in plugins.
And it’s error 100%, because all other information receiving correctly.

Best regards, Anton.

piemmm
Administrator
on: July 4, 2011 (GMT)

Hi

The trip distance is updated from the GPS, so if your GPS is off or has not got a lock with satellites, and you haven’t moved, then it won’t update the trip distance (or populate the field)

AntonK

Quote from admin on July 4, 2011
Hi

The trip distance is updated from the GPS, so if your GPS is off or has not got a lock with satellites, and you haven’t moved, then it won’t update the trip distance (or populate the field)

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the answer.

Why from GPS?
Why not from current speed? I think updating trip distance from the current speed is more accuracy then from GPS.

Even better, you can add option, how trip will be determined, by GSP or by current speed. I think, sometimes GPS can’t be enabled, because of weather, for example 😉

Best regards, Anton.

AntonK

Hi Ian.

I have little suggestion. Can torque run as a service?
I also want to receive realtime information when torque is in background.
For now torque can’t be used with navigation programs.
I want to create plugin that will show some realtime information over main window. It give possibility to launch navigation programs and be able to see realtime information.

Can it be done?

Best regards, Anton.

piemmm
Administrator

Current speed can be as much as 5% out, so as it is an error that can be compounded if obtaining distance from that method, GPS is a *lot* more accurate :-)

I’ll look at getting the relevant code portions to run as a service – the app should be able to run with other apps running (such as google nav) without quitting (android will only quit the app if the system has exhausted the memory, which could mean google nav is a little memory hungry) Moving to a service may take a couple of weeks to do. Leave it with me and I’ll see what I can do

AntonK

Current speed can be as much as 5% out, so as it is an error that can be compounded if obtaining distance from that method, GPS is a *lot* more accurate :-)

Yeah, but sometimes GPS connection can’t be established at all. In my country bad weather one week in a row… So, sometimes GPS connection doesn’t established at all. Or, only 1 or 2 satellites found. And that’s why accuracy is really bad :) That’s why I suggest to add option. How trip must be determined, by GPS or by OBD Speed 😉

Best regards, Anton.

piemmm
Administrator

Hm

I’ll see what I can do then for the next update.

AntonK

Hm

I’ll see what I can do then for the next update.

Great. Thanks a lot :)

Best regards, Anton.

piemmm
Administrator
on: July 9, 2011 (GMT)

The latest AIDL file is at http://ian-hawkins.com/torque-aidl.zip

I’ve updated the first post on the plugin page with that info!

The PID sending stuff may be subject to a small change(my side of the API), It might have a small bug, but should let you get started! (I think there may be an issue quitting and restarting, I’m not sure *yet* as I’m in out camping until Monday)

Ian

bachmark
on: July 9, 2011 (GMT)

Hi
Unfortunately, since version 1.4.89 the g sensors in my plugin will no longer be updated.
Also in your graphing plugin, the g sensors always have the same value.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.073 seconds.

Follow me on twitter