Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Webserver upload not working

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Webserver upload not working
pjc123
Post Webserver upload not working
on: January 21, 2014 (GMT)

Does the webserver upload feature work with the Lite version?

If not, then I guess I wasted my time posting the rest of this. I can’t seem to get it to work. Can someone point me to a manual or tell me what I am doing wrong?

Here is how I proceeded:

1) SETTINGS: “Web Upload Preferences”:
a) “Upload to webserver” unchecked (Do not want to upload data without OBD connected”.
b) “Only when OBD connected” checked.
c) “Webserver Url” default url.
d) “Show your Torque ID”. Wrote this down for logging into the website later on.

2) SETTINGS: “Logging Preferences”
a)”File Logging Interval” left on default of 1 second.
b) “Select what to log”. Under the menu, selected “Add custom PID” and added several of them to the list.

3)MAIN DISPLAY SCREEN: On main screen selected menu and then “Toggle logging”, which then displayed “trip logging enabled”.

4) Drove around for a while.

I log into the website and there is no data. However, I did email myself all the logs. I can view data on Google maps. I do have a csv file which I imported to Excel, but there are no titles for the data, so I have no idea which data was taken and what reading each piece of data is associated with. There is no option on the website to upload the csv file. I am at a loss.

RobMtl007
Post Re: Webserver upload not working
on: January 22, 2014 (GMT)

Greetings:

This is the same problem I’m having, no data shows up in the Webserver.

I thought this too, that maybe on the lite version of Torque, data could not be uploaded.

I hope someone can help us solve this problem.

Robert

black2blacky

I had two issues
1)I can export to CSV format of GPS values through menu button of Map View but i want to upload OBD values to CSV format for analyzing.

2) In Map View only the tack is recorder but the map is not loading as given below

can you help me in this.

jeep-timo

Quote from pjc123 on January 21, 2014
Does the webserver upload feature work with the Lite version?

If not, then I guess I wasted my time posting the rest of this. I can’t seem to get it to work. Can someone point me to a manual or tell me what I am doing wrong?

Here is how I proceeded:

1) SETTINGS: “Web Upload Preferences”:
a) “Upload to webserver” unchecked (Do not want to upload data without OBD connected”.
c) “Webserver Url” default url.
d) “Show your Torque ID”. Wrote this down for logging into the website later on.

2) SETTINGS: “Logging Preferences”
a)”File Logging Interval” left on default of 1 second.
b) “Select what to log”. Under the menu, selected “Add custom PID” and added several of them to the list.

3)MAIN DISPLAY SCREEN: On main screen selected menu and then “Toggle logging”, which then displayed “trip logging enabled”.

4) Drove around for a while.

I log into the website and there is no data. However, I did email myself all the logs. I can view data on Google maps. I do have a csv file which I imported to Excel, but there are no titles for the data, so I have no idea which data was taken and what reading each piece of data is associated with. There is no option on the website to upload the csv file. I am at a loss.

Ihave the same problem.

Could it be possible that you need both options checked?

a) that the upload is enable and b) that the upload only upload if odb is connected?

Regards

Timo

pjc123

Quote from black2blacky on January 22, 2014
I had two issues
1)I can export to CSV format of GPS values through menu button of Map View but i want to upload OBD values to CSV format for analyzing.

2) In Map View only the tack is recorder but the map is not loading as given below

can you help me in this.

You need to open a different post. None of the features that you mentioned are available in the Lite version.

pjc123

a) that the upload is enable and b) that the upload only upload if odb is connected?

Regards

Timo

That thought had crossed my mind, however if it does work, then the wording is clearly not correct with the description of those two options. The way the wording is stated, you would need to pick one or the other and not both. It is 5 degrees and 13 inches of snow just fell, so not sure when I will get a chance to try it.

jeep-timo

Quote from pjc123 on January 22, 2014

Regards

Timo

That thought had crossed my mind, however if it does work, then the wording is clearly not correct with the description of those two options. The way the wording is stated, you would need to pick one or the other and not both. It is 5 degrees and 13 inches of snow just fell, so not sure when I will get a chance to try it.

I understand you. But in oter options you see that options who mot available be can not selected.
But here you can select both options at the same time.
I think not its a bug. The text says me the same yust like you.
Two different options. but if you cosen one of them the second option is available, too! If this are two different otions wo work against, musst be one of them not be available if the other is chosen!!!!

pjc123

You would think so, if the software code was written correctly in every case, but who says that isn’t wrong as well. Like I said, it is worth a shot when I get a chance. In any event, either the software code flow is wrong or the description is wrong.

RobMtl007
on: January 26, 2014 (GMT)

Greetings:

Can someone like an Administrator of this forum answer this following question?

Does uploading data to the WebServer site work with the Torque Lite(free)App?
Or do I have to buy the Torque Pro App to have this feature?

I don’t see the point of paying .95 for the App to find out that this feature will not work on my Smartphone.

Regards Robert

pjc123

Quote from RobMtl007 on January 26, 2014

I don’t see the point of paying .95 for the App to find out that this feature will not work on my Smartphone.

Regards Robert

I would love to hear how you can get it for 95 cents…..typo?

RobMtl007

I don’t if its my keyboard or something is faulty on this forum, but I correctly write four dollars and ninety five cents.
Here is an example .95

Regards Robert

m j
on: January 27, 2014 (GMT)

I get headings in my excel csv file
I do not get all my selected PIDs on the free webserver. it being free I am not complaining

I removed the GPS data

pjc123
on: January 27, 2014 (GMT)

I get headings in my excel csv file
I do not get all my selected PIDs on the free webserver. it being free I am not complaining

And this was using the Lite version?

m j
on: January 28, 2014 (GMT)

no, I spent the for pro
probably the best I ever spent on car related tools

pjc123
on: January 28, 2014 (GMT)

Please read the OP. This thread is about the Lite version. I only use the program maybe once a year, otherwise I would upgrade, because it is a very nice app. I could see mounting a tablet on the dash.

I tried again today and there is still no data on the website and no headings on the csv file, so this function has obviously been purposely crippled on the lite version. Oh well.

RobMtl007
on: January 29, 2014 (GMT)

Finally, Thankyou for the reply.

Now I have to make the decision to buy the App or not.

Regards Robert

m j
on: January 29, 2014 (GMT)

it is five bucks. even if you use it once it pays for itself.
that is like buying 2 starbucks grande dark roast

edsonizidoro
on: February 10, 2014 (GMT)

I have the same problem,
but mine is the pro version.

I have another android running an older version and it works perfectly.

can someone put the prints configuration?

brettglover
on: February 28, 2019 (GMT)

I have the full version and still cannot access logging. Did anyone find a solution

Mark M
on: March 1, 2019 (GMT)

I’ve noticed the last few trips have been logged to my phone just fine, but nothing is showing up on the web server. I’ve not changed any settings on my phone or the app, they appear to have just stopped uploading even though when exiting Torque it does state that it is still uploading log entries, it then finishes and the app closes.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.064 seconds.

Follow me on twitter