Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » triptime

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: triptime
clayton4115
Post triptime
on: January 10, 2014 (GMT)

hi thanks so much for this great app, just one question, I am using the triptime display which works when the car connects to the obd2 however once i finish my trip and put the car off, the trip time still keeps ticking is there a way to stop the trip time when the ignition goes off.

thanks

Capp777
Post Re: triptime

There is a “ignore short gap” toggle
under data logging settings that might
help. (I have not tested this though).

clayton4115

thanks i will try this, however it sounds it says “dont reset the trip if you lose connection temporarily or stop to purchase fuel”

so i do not think this will make a difference

Capp777

Which implies to me that trip timer will
continue running for 10 minutes without
stopping assuming the trip will be resumed,
but I could be wrong.

clayton4115

thanks, but i want it to stop after the ignition is switched off.

clayton4115
on: January 11, 2014 (GMT)

another issue is the time since starts counts in seconds if you use the widget and have it on your home screen, it is ok as a function within the app as it is mins:secs however as soon as it is a widget it counts in seconds only and not mins:secs.

countryjohn
on: January 4, 2019 (GMT)

Seconds only displayed. Mine does not roll over at 60 seconds to show one minute. It keeps going so last “trip” was about 16,000 seconds. Why is this not coded correctly?

Davegrips
on: January 25, 2019 (GMT)

Having the same issue. Trip times used to display mm:ss then i factory reset the tablet l, reinstalled everything and now the trip time only shows seconds. Why does it work some times and not others.

OK this seemed to work for me. Add the trip time whilst moving or any trip time display. Your first instinct is to use the digital display type. that’s what i use anyway. Don’t use that one. use the bar display or the graph display. then pick the size and place it. then drive around a a little with it running. Now i did the next things while moving. long pressed the display (trip time) display configuration…change display type to the digital display. and now for some reason the readout will be in MM:SS not just seconds.

Xusn96
on: June 26, 2019 (GMT)

Have same issue will try a different type other than digital. I know this worked properly in an earlier https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO11jxMSGFuGj7R5cCvBBRiaTCgB0IDxhiuLpiGTHAzYusvMirlL6gHR1u9YYLZmQ?key=ZDg0VnotZTF5U1FpeVdqMmR6Wl9QNlZRX0hxc0pB

JazzBass
on: July 3, 2019 (GMT)

I’m facing the same issue.

I’ll give the bar display while moving, driving, then changing back and see if that works.

Thanks for the suggestion!
JB

2014 F-150
4×4 SuperCrew
3.5 Ecoboost

piemmm
Administrator
on: July 3, 2019 (GMT)

Hi!

This may be a bug, I’ll look at it this week and will try to get it out in the next beta update (late this week with a bit of luck!)

davidcbittner
on: June 14, 2021 (GMT)

Has this ever been fixed so you don’t have the crazy work around? Drive around and much with the display that’s pretty crazy. I installed the pro app about a month ago and had not looked at the trip time until now. It only displays in seconds.

Steve_P
on: June 17, 2021 (GMT)

Why are my posts all blank and blocked?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.048 seconds.

Follow me on twitter